• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I reduce my online storage

Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using both LR and LRC. Until recently I've not had a cloud storage issue and the 20GB is and still should be more than enough as I'm just a hobbyist.

My assumption has been that after transferring my photos to my mobile device (iPad), on returning home I simply move the files from LR mobile to a local drive, therefore those files would no longer be in the cloud at full size.

I now shoot most photos as RAW, so of course initially they will occupy more of my 20GB, until as I thought I move them.

Looking at my cloud storage though, it has now ballooned close to my limit, plus I noticed I have two folders named "All photos ".

Clearly I've misunderstood somewhere as to how things work. So I'd appreciate some advice and clarification.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to clarify. I'm using classic to move files from the cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Classic Lightroom, go to All Synced Photos and remove the pictures from there. This removes the originals from your cloud storage - it's these originals that are using the space.

If you want the photos to be available on your mobile devices, sync them from Classic Lightroom  by adding them to a synced collection. This syncs "smart previews" which don't count against your 20gb.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but my only concern is that I have been at around only 5gb of storage for ever with my catalog synching. It seems to have suddenly shot up to 20Gb and I am not sure why. The only thing I could see was a video directory which seems to have got into my File synch folder on my HD. I have now deleted this apart from following your advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well after deleting from All synched. My storage is still saying its full.

My files now are trying to resynch from Classic. Not sure if they can now.

It's puzzling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the Creative Cloud Files folder for anything? Space usage mainly consists of:

You could try installing Cloudy Lightroom on your computer. I wouldn't normally recommend it, but it does have a filter which lists originals in the cloud, named "Synced and backed up"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I've been through all that and nothing is showing. I deleted any old cloud projects hanging around of which there were not many .

BTW any way to get my collections back now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a backup of your catalogue? How many collections are involved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Managed to restore. Probably 100+ collections, so putting all them all back, would be a task.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Watch out just in case the deletions sync down again from the cloud. I don't think they will, but a File > Import from Catalog (importing rather than restoring the backup) can correct this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortuantely in deleting all synched data, all my collections are now empty, some few years worth. And the system still shows my 20GB is used up. I think there is a problem somewhere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you clean out the Deleted Items at: https://assets.adobe.com/files 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There certainly wasn't 20GB there but I have deleted. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now showing 19+GB and I've nothing synchronised now. Lost all my collection contents too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. Went back again. ( thought I already had done that) but then found a stack of .mts video files that should never have been synched. Now deleted and permenently deleted too.

I'm puzzled as to how they synched because they were not in collections or marked for synching. In fact they were files I was transferring from a NAS drive to another drive yestereday. So somehow LR read somenthing and synched them to the cloud. 

Thanks for your help.

Now back to 4GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines