• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Add a left handed option for Android & iPhone users

Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. I'm left-handed and i would like to use de Lightroom Mobile app as a left handed person, so i need to put the adjustment bar and another features to de left side of the screen of my tablet. Can anyone help me with that?

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Idea No status
TOPICS
Android , iOS: iPhone

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
22 Comments
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like this is already a feature for Apple users, but not for Android? 😔 Come on Adobe, surely isn't that hard to do, yet is of immense in value to us left handers! (So a real game changer for 10% of your customers!!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I must admit it's lagging behind the iPad by a few years now!

Add your vote to this thread (click the green up arrow) on the forum that's monitored by the engineering team.....

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-mobile/lightroom-mobile-android-left-hand-mod...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any plans for LH  users of Lightroom on the iPhone please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess you mean in landscape mode, like on the iPad?

Make sure you tap on the Upvote button.... 

Adobe won't discuss and upcoming features, but the engineering team will be able to see your request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2022 Oct 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've been contemplating on what tablet to get until yesterday I choose to get the Tab S8+ since I'm using a Samsung phone. Everything is good until I discovered that the lightroom on android does not have a left-hand option (and I'm left handed)  and everytime i edit on landscape my arm is blocking the screen. Is there any progress on whether this feature will be available on Android tablets?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would love to see an option to move the tools bar to the left side while in landscape mode on my tablet. 

I'm only able to use my left hand and while editing photos, my arm is across the screen, making it very hard to see the edits being made. 

Please? 

Thank you for your time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@_Jovany _ 

Lightroom on iPad has this.  What kind of device are you asking about?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2022 Oct 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@charli.d the request here is for Android (though some mention iPhone, too). I would really really appreciate the option of left-side edit controls on Android, which has been an option on iPad for years now. I've adapted to do many things right handed (mouse, scissors, guitar...), but a stylus is still too awkward! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@NDRexpose Thanks for your post.  I'm asking just to be sure people specify their device of interest, and also gently inform that iPad LR can do this in case they didn't already know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2022 Nov 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

왼손잡이입니다.

편집할 때 아이콘바가 오른쪽에 있어서 기능을 이용하기 어렵습니다.

왼쪽으로 옮길 수 있도록 해 주세요.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2022 Nov 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am editing in Lr using a Samsung Tablet but as a lefthanded its harder. Any ideas if it is possible to switch the panel to ñeft side?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 21, 2023 May 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo

Ich habe gelesen dass es bei der App unter IOS einen "Lingshändler-Modus" gibt. Ist es tatsächlich so das dies bei der Android Version noch nicht verfügbar ist?

Wann kommt dieser? das sollte doch eine kleinigkeit sein?

Danke

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2023 Jul 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My ideia is vey simple, but can be really helpful. 

Should be an tion to move all layout to the left side of the screen, I'm left-handed, and it's kinda annoying block all my tablet screen to reach the right side.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 25, 2023 Jul 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Lightroom on iPad is a great app but something that would elevate it even more would be the option to able to have the menus on the left side of the screen. It may feel weird to anyone who is right handed at first blush but just take a moment to use the right side of the screen with your left hand and you'll understand quickly. Thank you for making a great application that serves everyone who loves photography, right handed and (hopefully soon) left handed alike. (See earlier comments below for additional proof that other left handed people also like menus and photography)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2023 Dec 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Left hand light room mobile

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2023 Dec 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is ridiculous! Left-handed Android Lightroom user have been asking for an accessibility feature that Apple iPad users have had since 2019! Cmon Adobe waiting 4 years for this feature is kind of ridiculous!  When can we expect to see this feature? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2024 Jan 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please please please can we have left handed supportf or samsung users, Paying members have been waiting so long for this feature, why hasnt it been implemented yet?

Please help us Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2024 Jan 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been seeing people post requests for this since AT LEAST early 2019. The fact that iPad users get this ability, but not Android is asinine and honestly getting me close to not using Adobe products anymore. I'm even willing to bet that the Adobe user base has a higher percentage of lefties than the general populace (between 10% and 12%) since lefties are more likely creatives. This shouldn't be something we are still begging for. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2024 Feb 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When are Adobe going to bring in the option for a left handed tool bar for lightroom Android users? It is absolutely ridiculous that i have to struggle with my editing while ipad users don't! 

Please sort this out

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2024 Apr 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A left handed ui for the mobile version would be nice for those who are like me a leftie. So the dont have their whole hand over the screen making adjustments

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 02, 2024 Apr 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've also tagged your post "iPad" - iPad already has this feature. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2024 Apr 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hallo.

Ein Linkshänder Modus wäre vorteilhaft in Lightroom. LG Marcel

Votes