• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC sync very slow

Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2018 Jan 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have read a number of posts here about the sync in lightroom cc being very slow, but I don't think I've read a solution or an answer as to why this is happening.  my content is syncing much, much more slowly than the network resources would indicate in task manager.  Has anyone found a solution?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all, 

I am experiencing the same slowness in synchronizing. I made 10 photo's on my iphone 8 today, which are saved in the Lightroom app on my phone. When opening lightroom on my desktop it takes more than 3 hours already and non of the photo's have been synced yet, in the mean time an indication is saying the photos are loading. I don't understand why it should take so long. Do you have any idea how to solve this? 

Best regards, 
Ewoud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've also been having a problem with slow syncing - or even not syncing at all. Right now I'm trying to sync from my laptop to my desktop, and it's just stopped. I've completely emptied my Lightroom CC library so I only have about 100 photos in there, so it's not a storage issue. Total nightmare for workflow. A solution would be very much appreciated. 

Thanks,

Kate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2020 Jun 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Netherlands based user: I am also experiencing slow upload speeds, I synced the same number of files (~3500 JPEG's + some RAW's: ~45GB) to iCloud, and then to Lightroom. This took some 8 hours for iCloud Drive. After that I uploaded to Lightroom which has only synced about 800/3500 files in 14 hours.We use cable internet which is very stable, I have been using a plethora of cloud services for data transfer (including Lightroom sync back in 2017). It's an apples to apples comparison which indicates to me adobe cloud is doing something wrong here. 

I'm annoyed by the lackluster and unprofessional response by adobe in this thread. 
I suggest you stop laying blame with upload speeds and acknowledge something is not going the way it should, especially for a cloud based product in 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday, I installed Lightroom Classic after Lightroom CC had failed to upload all of about 4500 photos for nearly a month. About 2000 photos have been downloaded as a result of syncing after one day.  I had hoped to avoid re-editing the photos by syncing with CC, but now I see the least time consuming approach will be to delete the CC account, zero out the Classic database, and then upload all images to my computer from original media.  Luckily for me, I am not a professional.  The workflow of a pro could not tolerate such sluggishness.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2020 Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is already 09/2020 (the original post is from 01/2018).
I have 294 new HiRes JPG photos and it has been running for over 24 hours.  My speed test results: Download: 652 MBPS Upload: 907 MBPS (gigabit service).  This is simply ridiculous. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm fighting to get my 70,000 images sync'd from Lightroom Classic to the Creative Cloud.  It has taken days.  I'm using a new M1 Apple MacBook Pro with 16GB of RAM.  My internet is fiber and testing above 350-600 up and down.

I have contacted customer support four times.  No one knows how to make it work.  Had issues with the renaming on import (copy mode) making my photos go missing. So I left the folders as organized and installed them manually. Still really slow.  I also cancelled all sessions, still slow. Really disappointed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issues as everyone else here. But personally, I just don't think Adobe considered the idea that they need to upscale their servers as they take on more and more customers. It's simple math. The more customers they take on, the more bandwidth they need to accommodate them. Otherwise, it's bad for business. I'm talking to you, Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Think adobe has capped the speed to 1,5MB/s. I'm trying to get my 70,000 images sync'd from Lightroom CC to the Creative Cloud.  It is taking days.  My internet is fiber and testing above 150-300 up and down.

Really disappointed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is now 2022, 4 YEARS and no fix?? 
simply frustrating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. I keep doing rebuild sync data, I only have 2500 images, and it never completes the sync. I am waiting days, nothing. This service is a nightmare, I am thinking of abandoning. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2022 Apr 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue and Adobe's handling of it is appalling. I have been back and forth with tech support for most of calendar 2022 trying to get this resolved for the 31,000 or so images I have.  My M1 MacBook Pro 13" has not had a working instance of Lightroom CC since January. The laptop isn't the problem (I've got half a terabyte of SSD free); my connection speed isn't the problem (this morning Speedtest tells me that download speed is 998.68 Mbps; upload speed is 889.70 Mbps. I've reinstalled the application multiple times per tech support, I've let it run days on end multiple times; and I cannot see a single image on my laptop. The latest answer from Adobe on my open case? "We'll get back to you soon." Most frequent answer from tech support when everything has failed? "Let it sync." Seriously? At theses speeds, we're talking about one gigaBYTE every 8 seconds; this means about one TERABYTE every couple of hours. My entire online catalog is 1.1TB, but I have not loaded all of the original images to this machine. I reinstalled CC again last night and started the sync. 12 hours later, NOTHING.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2023 Jul 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All, 

Did anyone come up with an answer to this ? Same problem here in July 2023...seems to have got bad in the last few months.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 29, 2023 Jul 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You’ve posted to a very old thread. It is highly unlikely that the issue described in this thread, though not impossible, is the same issue which you are currently experiencing. Rather than resurrect an old thread that is seemingly similar, you are better posting to a new thread with fresh, complete information including system information, a complete description of the problem and step-by-step instructions for reproduction. 

In the unlikely event the issue is the same, we will merge you back into the appropriate location. 

Thank you!

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines