Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Lost of image quality when exporting to Jpeg from LIGHTROOM

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My crw2 files are all about 25MB and up,

once i export them on in lightroom

at this..

Screen Shot 2021-06-14 at 11.52.33 PM.png

I am only land up with about average 7MB

Which is too low ! 

How to fix it and make it at least 10MB.

crw2:

Screen Shot 2021-06-14 at 11.50.38 PM.png

jpeg:

Screen Shot 2021-06-14 at 11.50.52 PM.png

Moved from Using the Community (which is about the forums) to the correct forum... Mod
To ask in the forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

It appears you are using Lightroom Classic. Would you mind confirming the version of Lightroom you are working on?

The file size of the image is determined by the file type, diensions resolution of the file. Jpeg is a compressed file format & it does not contain as much metadata as a RAW file does & hence the file size is way smaller. For more info, please check: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/how-to/raw-vs-jpeg.html

You seem to be exporting the files at the same dimensions as the RAW file at 300 ppi which should be adequate for most use cases. If you wish to increase the file size further, you can try increasing the dimensions or resolution of the image while exporting.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Nikunj

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines