• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No Exif data when importing to lightroom mobile on Android phone

Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2022 Oct 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason, when I import photos to lightoom mobile, all my exif data is lost. This means when I sync with desktpo lightroom I also get no exif data. This is very annoying!

The problem only occurs when photos are in HEIC format. JPG retains all exif info.

If I copy the photos directly off the phone, or use the inbuilt cloud sync, all exif info is retained, and can be imported to desktop lightroom. When viewing photos in lightroom mobile, all exif information is missing. "no exif information". Again, JPG photos have no such problem, but I'd rather not use jpg and waste phone space.

There is an option in the system to "remove location data" when sharing, but this is turned off, as well as any other settings that might strip exif data when sharing photos.

Phone info:

Xiaomi 12S Ultra

Android 12 , MIUI 13.0.9 (latest)

Lightroom mobile 7.5.1 (latest)

I've searched online, but have been unable to find any info on this.

TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have found when I do the manual copy from phoen to computer with exif data intact, lightroom still refuses to read any metadata. I have tried re-importing the files. Selecting "Save metadata to file" wipes all meta data from the file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines