• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Denoise with DNGs from iOS devices

Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm disappointed to find that the brand new AI DeNoise tool isn't even compatible with photos I've shot using my iPhone in Lightroom Mobile. Small phone sensors create the most need for this tool, so this is a glaring oversight in the ecosystem!

Here's the photo info:

Screenshot 2023-04-18 at 1.45.05 PM.png

Here's the error that I see:

Screenshot 2023-04-18 at 1.44.20 PM.png

TOPICS
iOS: iPhone , macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

That explains it then. Denoise doesn't work on demosaiced images like an HDR - at least not yet!

See this document: https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/using/enhance.html 

The section on Unsupported file formats for Denoise and Raw Details is pertinent here. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to reproduce what you are experiencing.

Are you using DNGs created with Apple's Camera App, Lightroom's Camera App, or a third party camera app?

I also note that your filename indicates an HDR photo. Does the same issue happen on non-HDR?

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Lightroom Camera (or as I put it "shot using my iPhone in Lightroom Mobile.")

You are correct that it affects HDR photos shot in Lightroom Mobile only. "Pro" images seem to work with the DeNoise tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As an aside, the results are super impressive!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That explains it then. Denoise doesn't work on demosaiced images like an HDR - at least not yet!

See this document: https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/using/enhance.html 

The section on Unsupported file formats for Denoise and Raw Details is pertinent here. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 31, 2023 May 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here on the Samsung S23 Ultra "Pro Mode" dngs, those would gain the most through noise reduction (although I found some old 1" sensor photos in my collection that benefit greatly too). And of course it would be best if LR mobile could perfom it.

I really hope that gets added soon.

Another funny thing, the Canon 5D Mark II seem to be unsupported for some reason too. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another funny thing, the Canon 5D Mark II seem to be unsupported for some reason. 

By @Wurstkrapfen

No issues on my old 5DII raw files. Did you shoot full raw, or did you perhaps shoot in one of S-Raw formats? If so, they may contain demosaiced data, the AI Denoise process only works on mosaic data.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I never used that, but you are right, some files seem to work. Even on the same event without changed settings I found some that work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Odd that it works on some files, but not others. If you are interested, you could upload one of the images that aren't working on your system (to Dropbox, WeTransfer, or similar) and I'll check it on my system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines