• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Subscriptions from Mobile App Stores don't work with Desktop Software

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 07, 2022 Aug 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We get so many questions about this I decided that an authoritative post would be helpful. 

If you've purchased a subscription from a mobile app store, (e.g. Apple's App Store, the Google Play Store or the Samsung Store), the subscription is for mobile devices only. Running Lightroom Desktop on a PC or a Mac requires a specific subscription purchased for desktop computers.

The Desktop subscription includes access to the Mobile product but not vice-versa. 

Lightroom Web is included in all subscriptions. 

If you've purchased the incorrect subscription for you needs, please contact Adobe Customer Care for correction.

Hopefully this helps. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2023 Jul 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can use the app on my iPad ok. The app worked on my Mac mini too. Now the app on the mini thinks I don't have a subscription. However I can access my account and Lightroom in a browser.

any suggestions would be most helpful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2023 Jul 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Mac Mini- Are you 'Signed In' with the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App?

"The app worked on my Mac mini"- For how long? Was it only for 7-days (a trial?)

Is you subscription with Adobe for the Lightroom Plan?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2023 Aug 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I try to sign in it says it is unable to complete the purchase only personal IDs can be used in the app store. However, I have purchased a year subscription - it allows me to sign on to my phone but not my Macbook. I am using the same apple ID as my phone and email to Adobe. Can someone help me, please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you purchased from the App Store- Read the post from @Rikk Flohr: Photography  at the top of this forum thread.

"If you've purchased a subscription from a mobile app store, (e.g. Apple's App Store, the Google Play Store or the Samsung Store), the subscription is for mobile devices only. Running Lightroom Desktop on a PC or a Mac requires a specific subscription purchased for desktop computers.

The Desktop subscription includes access to the Mobile product but not vice-versa. 
If you've purchased the incorrect subscription for you needs, please contact Adobe Customer Care for correction."

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

However, I have purchased a year subscription - it allows me to sign on to my phone but not my Macbook.

By @Claudia31434409b071

What @Rob_Cullen said.

A year's subscription to which plan exactly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2023 Oct 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I bought on my mobile phone cannot be used on my computer.When I log in to the same account on my computer, there is no lightroom, only photo shop express.

IMG_5476.png

image.jpg

image.jpg

  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 02, 2023 Oct 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Liu32659813mwjx 

did you purchase the lightroom app from one of the app stores?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2023 Oct 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mein Abo ist abgelaufen, ich habe es in der Lightroom Mobile App verlängert. Jetzt geht die App aber auf dem Laptop nicht mehr. Dort kann ich keine Bilder mehr bearbeiten, mir wird nur angezeigt, ich soll das Abo verlängern, aber das habe ich doch, wo liegt hier das Problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2023 Oct 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, this is helpful. Hugh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2023 Dec 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I have purchased the premium of 100gb/year in my lightroom mobile app in my android mobile in India which is still ongoing and now when i am in germany and opening the same account in my macbook then i am not able to use that premium and they are continuously giving me a pop-up to purchase the premium. Can anyone please help me out urgently, i am really in need as i am a photographer and want to edit and post the photos on my instagram id.

Thanks a lot in Advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2023 Dec 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom on mobile (Premium) is purchased via PlayStore/ AppStore and is only applicable to use on mobile devices.

To use Lightroom on a laptop (Mac or PC)and sync your photos, you need a subscription to the Lightroom Plan.

Contact Adobe support and request a Plan change.

Contact adobe support by clicking here,

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen

In the chat field (lower right of screen), Typing “Agent” into the chat text field will bypass the initial chatbot.
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human
If you are not able to get to the chat window, then disable your ad-blockers, firewall, enable cookies/scripts on your browser. If it still fails then change your browser/machine/network.

The Lightroom Plan-
https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-lightroom.html?promoid=3F8XBLKT&mv=other

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2023 Dec 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I just started my premium account on my phone but I can't log into it on my computer. When I do it asks me if I want to start a 7 day trial but I've already payed for the premium version. And I can't take away that pop up either. I've tried to shut down the app and uninstall it and log in a multiple times but it doesnt work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 16, 2023 Dec 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you installed the Creative Cloud app on your computer?  You should be able to log in to your new account there, then install Lightroom on your computer and open it from there.    

Which premium account did you sign up for on your phone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2024 Feb 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is this a new thing? I've used the same Lightroom subscription and it's just now giving this alert. I was in the middle of editing of a session and I can't sign back in! Did I lose all of my photos/progress?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines