• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Video edits are not exporting

Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying for hours to export / save my edited videos from Lightroom app on my iPhone. Every single time the video is just exporting as it was originally before I edited it. I have tried so many suggestions on other message boards such as making sure I am not ticking 'original' when exporting. Nothing and I mean nothing is working. I am so frustrated and feel like giving up. Please someone help me. I have taken a screen shot from with the app (where you can see the colour adjustment) and then a screenshot of the exported video where the edit has not been saved. Please help. 

7E9CA596-C860-479C-A87F-6BE8CD6BC377.png

34FBF280-F7C5-4680-93D5-D944CF5F99A7.png

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
iOS: iPhone

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Jan 04, 2024 Jan 04, 2024

Moving this from Discussions to Bugs, and setting to Acknowledged.

The issue I can reproduce is that one applies a trim to a video in Crop mode, and then tries 'Save copy to device' and this saves a video that is 0:00 in length.  I have reported this bug w/steps to the developers.

While waiting for a fix, the workaround I suggest is: after making desired edits, back out of edit mode to grid view, and then export the video.  This action saves the edits and applies them to the video so that th

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Feb 20, 2024 Feb 20, 2024

Greetings all,

Updates for Adobe Lightroom Mobile products have been released.  The February 2024 updates contain a fix for this issue. 

Updates will be available via the Apple App Store, Google Play Store, and the Galaxy App Store. Note: it can take several days for some customers to receive a notification of an available update via their App Store.

Thank you for your patience.

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
47 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Rachel Victor290169657dj2 

I think you encountered a bug that I can only reproduce with the very specific workflow of importing a single video and editing it immediately without first exiting the import workflow to visit the grid.  Something about editing a video immediately after selecting it in the import workflow isn't letting Export > Save to Camera Roll work as expected.

There are a couple easy work-arounds:
1. use Export > Export As > MP4 instead, or

2. after importing a video, edit the video, and then exit the import workflow by tapping the 'checkmark' button before trying export -- this will commit the video import and edits to your Lightroom library.  Then, re-openining the edited video and using Export > Save to Camera Roll will work.  

I'll ensure the team is tracking this issue.  Thanks for contacting us!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 21, 2023 May 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same issue except when I click the check mark to save it to my Lightroom library, it is also saving unedited and back to the original! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2023 Jun 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's happening to me too! I'm being forced to screen record then crop! Is there a fix for this yet? It makes the whole editing process pointless! I've wasted two hours trying to fix it! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Chandra3073150558xv 

Did you try the workarounds mentioned earlier in this thread?

1. use Export > Export As > MP4 instead, or

2. after importing a video, edit the video, and then exit the import workflow by tapping the 'checkmark' button before trying export -- this will commit the video import and edits to your Lightroom library.  Then, re-openining the edited video and using Export > Save to Camera Roll will work.  

Does this help at all?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, I did and it did not work! Thanks for checking!

I usually “export as” as well!

I ended up screen recording and cropping as it was the only way the edits in the app stayed consistent in video form!

Do you all have a work around for this yet? Or is it a bug being worked on?

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Chandra3073150558xv 

The workarounds we know are the ones I already shared, and they relate to forcing current edits to commit before trying to export edited video.  It sounds like you're seeing this problem even after leaving and re-opening an edited video before exporting.  Is there some kind of edit that is common to your affected videos (certain adjustments, trimming time, specific presets..)?  

If you sign into your same account on another iOS device or Lightroom desktop app, is that device able to export the same video OK?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that is correct!

So what’s weird is: it adjusted the lighting and color updates to the background when it saved, but not to me! So it was saving the video background edits only….not people in the video! However, in Lightroom it is all consistently edited across the board! It only saves part of the edits! And when I screen record it saves just like the video in Lightroom! But it reverts partially when saved!

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Chandra3073150558xv 

I'm trying to understand, and recreate trouble on my end so that I can pass clear steps to our developers... But I am missing something.  Would it be possible for you to create and share a screen recording of what's not working right for you?  If you prefer not to share opening, you can click on my name to send me a direct, private message that won't be on these public forums.

fyi, soon I will be out on vacation, but before (and after) that time I am eager to work on this with you to get the problem nailed down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2023 Jul 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the same issues! I can export photos with edits, but every video I edit will not export with the edits. It exports a copy of the original. I've done all the suggestions and I still can't get it to work. I very intentionally wanted the premium light room to edit my videos. If this can't be fixed soon, than I will need to use another app or software and won't go forward with a premium if i cant export my edited videos. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jul 18, 2023 Jul 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Natasha30833936wjwl 

Using Export As... I was able to save a video with edits applied.  
If this is not working for you, could you possibly share a screen recording so I can see the exact steps/buttons you are trying?  You can send the video to me privately.  Just click on my screen name here to send me a message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2023 Jul 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all. I've just had success after turning off the hdr video setting in the iPhone camera settings. 

I noticed this caused issues in Premiere Pro previously, so I tried turning it off, recording a new video, editing and exporting, and my edits saved! 

IMG_0208.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2023 Sep 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never had a problem exporting video until today. Ive tried mov and mp4. Neither will work. I didn't have this issue until i updated the ligjtroom app today. I wish i hadn't updated. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2023 Sep 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem with me, I've been trying to export this video now for days

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2023 Sep 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

U

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 25, 2023 Nov 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same. It's not working for me. Such a waste of money this app is starting to be, more problems than solutions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2023 Nov 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having this exact issue. None of the fixes listed above have helped. I've tried exporting multiple edited videos multiple different ways even sharing a link with myself and nothing seems to work. Surely Adobe have figured out a fix for this bug by now?
It makes the app pretty much useless as I really don't just want my lovely edits stuck in there forever with nowhere to go!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2023 Dec 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. Has anyone found or received a solution to this particular issue? I've been unable to export my videos since last Saturday, and none of the above solutions have worked. Thank you for any help you can provide as the product is far too expensive to be unusable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2023 Dec 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So if I edit the video on my laptop, then open the mobile app and export it back to my laptop from there it seems to work... So you can stop panicking about trying to fix this bug now Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2023 Dec 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem... If i open on mobile and after in mac it works?

Adobe, please we need a solution to fix this problem... i see its a problem of the software... if it is necesary  i share with you my screen. I try to export the video with all the options. Export, export as, export as mp4, etc...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 17, 2023 Dec 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depois da última atualização, a versão móbile do aplicativo Lightroom não está salvando as alterações de edições feitas em vídeos quando escolhermos a opção de "salvar em dispositivo". Agora o app só consegue salvar no celular o vídeo original sem edições.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 20, 2023 Dec 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am facing the exact same issue, I tried everything mentioned above. 
what should I do?

Having to face such issues after paying is so terrible. 
if this issue cannot be fixed kindly let me know so that I'll cancel my subscription and buy a worthy app instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 30, 2023 Dec 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm unable to export videos on lightroom mobile app. I cleared cache, re installed nothing is helping. It used to work fine until now and today just sending me this error. 😠

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jan 02, 2024 Jan 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screen shot of the error?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jan 03, 2024 Jan 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I am having the same issue here.. I used to be able to export videos from LR, but after the last upgrade I am no longer able to export them. I have tried to re-export videos that I had previously processed and they will no longer export.

Lightroom Classic 13.1. Windows 11. Camera Raw 16.1

I no longer have the option of exporting MP4 files, only H.264, DPX or Original, unedited file.
My main use here is to downsize the video files for mobile devices.. so happy with MP4... just that it is no longer available.

Thanks for any assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 03, 2024 Jan 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@keith_f   This is an iOS (iPhone) thread with nothing to do with Lightroom Classic. I recommend you post in the Lightroom Classic Forum Discussions instead. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate