• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is my Lightroom UI different than others?

Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2024 May 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the vague title, I don't know how else to describe it. When I see videos/screenshots of others' Lightroom on iPad Pro, it looks like this:

IMG_0002.jpeg

Note the desktop-like layout, where Home, Shared, and Community are at the top.

However, mine looks like it's laid out the same as the iPhone version:

IMG_0001.jpeg

Does anyone know why? (And no it's not an 11in vs. 12.9in iPad thing, I've seen YouTubers with their 11-in iPad also having the proper, desktop-like layout).

I have the new M4 iPad Pro, if that makes any difference.

TOPICS
iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 16, 2024 May 16, 2024

The first screenshot is from a previous version of Lightroom Mobile. Your second screenshot shows the current version.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 16, 2024 May 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first screenshot is from a previous version of Lightroom Mobile. Your second screenshot shows the current version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2024 May 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh wow, so the "big iPhone" layout is actually the new one? I wonder why Adobe regressed here, the big ugly tab bar is such a waste of space...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2024 May 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wouldn't call it a "regression", it's simply a UI change made to incorporate the new feature of being able to view, edit and delete images in the Apple camera roll directly from within the Lightroom app. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2024 May 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are right, but I can't help but think there's a better way to do so than adding a big tab bar with 3 buttons. Lightroom Desktop has a "local" tab above the album list. Oh well 🙁 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines