• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Add publish services (WordPress, 500px, Flickr....)

LEGEND ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I find the new Lightroom CC very interesting but is lacking several esencial features for heavy users.

Some of them are alredy requested, but I'd like to add the Publish Services. They are a really powerful tool to send pictures to WordPress, 500px, Flickr.... 

For some of us is just an essential feature in our workflow. I hope you consider adding it on the near future.

Thanks!

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
39 Comments
Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, that's an important feature. It will keep a lot of users away from the new LR CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need to be able to export directly to Amazon S3, ftp, Google Drive, Dropbox on an a per album basis.  I'm really excited about the potential in speed for exporting.  My particular use case has us exporting 40-50k photos on some weekends and that is a huge bottleneck.  Cloud based exporting could be a huge game changer for us as we often have 4-5 computers running and having manually move catalogs and files around is painful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This probably could have gone in any conversation type except "praise," but -

The Facebook-only thing is just for a short time, and additional options will be available real soon now, right?

I mean, photography is a lot of fun and everything, but for a lot of us the real rewards come from the ability to share what we produce with others. This has suddenly become much harder than it was just yesterday. 

That was not at all something I expected from a cloud-based product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike, I'm deeply concerned about the direction of Lightrtoom, and the Cloud based Creative Cloud in general. I have two full subscriptions that lets me have it on four machines, but I'm going to scale that back January to one full subscription, and one just with PS and LR. But I'm thinking I need to find a replacement for LR. 

The push to the cloud makes no sense to me. It means that Adobe is going to be pushing cloud storage subscriptions and other add on services. 

I used to buy one full upgrade to the Creative Suite once every three years. Now I'm paying enough to buy a full one every year, and the product quality has decreased, and the subtle push for new add on services that don't meet our needs is a red flag. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2018 Jan 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Adobe: here's the link to IG's api: https://www.instagram.com/developer/ Can we get IG integration? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please develop the integrated ability to send to Flickr from Lightroom CC desktop.  Send to Facebook exists, however many serious photographers still prefer Flickr for social media sharing.  It seems that the new LR cloud based app is targeted to people who sync across multiple devices and share, it is confusing that the LR CC is lacking in any sharing export except for Facebook.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

People complaining here, why did you upgrade to Lightroom CC? You should have upgraded to Lightroom CC Classic. This is the Lightroom you should use, it is the same as before, with the Publish Services and more. Lightroom CC (cloud) should NOT be used, as it has not been designed for professionals. By using it, you are basically telling Adobe that you are fine with this new version they created. Drop it.

Yes, Adobe should add plugins support to Lightroom CC (cloud). But meanwhile, use Lightroom CC Classic. Ask a refund for the other one. They don't care about what you are saying here, they only care about their sales data.

(I am the developer of WP/LR Sync, a Publish Service for Lightroom to WordPress).

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Facebook export is garbage anyway. Exporting to JPG and uploading those to Facebook works much better --- files renamed so they upload in order, and the captions are embedded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the Creative Cloud subscripion (two actually), so I always keep my apps up to date. It was unclear to me why there was a CC Classic and CC, so I installed both, and like many people discovered after the fact what was going on. 

I also finally split my catalog because it was becoming slow, only to take a bunch of crap from somebody at Adobe on one of these forums about how I'm wrong that monolithic catalogs cause slower performance. This was in response to myself and others discovering that you can only create mobile folders in one catalog. Again, I discovered after the fact that you can only sync folders in one catalog, and now I've got a total mess. 

After years of swearing by Lightroom and recommending it to many photographers, I'm pretty annoyed (that is an understatement), and my goal is to ditch Lightroom this year for cataloging. I'll use it to edit photo shoots, but I'm done. Adobe screwed the pooch on this one. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They will never ever do it. But you can use this: https://www.lrinstagram.com/. You will need CC Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dope. Thank you for sharing this. Wish I had known about it sooner. Ha.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully LRCC in the future will have better publishing options that keep up with the latest industry trends.

---

It was very confusing for the longest time the workflow between the LR Classic and LRCC. But, I think I am starting to see what is happening. I feel like LRCC is still being developed (like when Apple created FCPX.) With that being said, LRCC I feel (like many others), is going through growing pains. From a professional photographer's standpoint, it's not where we want it to be nor need it to be.

Adobe is giving us the option of workflows to choose from.

A) We can stick to the LR Classic method and use collections to sync to the cloud. And keep our disk based organizing, like how we're accustomed to.

B) We can migrate our LR Classic catalogs to the cloud and work primarily from the cloud. You can still use LR Classic.

It really comes down to where the original files live at the end of the day.

A) The files live locally on your hard drive organized in the classic manner as LR Classic does. This method will sync Smart Previews to the cloud through the use of Collections.

Users get to keep the file hierarchy that they are accustomed to.

B) The files live on the cloud. In this manner, LR Classic will create a collection set called From lr mobile. That collection set will then download your albums from LRCC in full resolution to your hard drive or destination folder that you have designated in the LR Classic preferences.

In closing:

• LRCC is in version 1.1 at the time of this writing. There is a lot of room for growth. Let's see what we end up with in v.2 and v.3.

• Creative Cloud will make more use of A.I. (Sensei) and the use of LRCC will tie more directly to Adobe Stock (all of this happening more on the backend/underneath the hood) as more shooters will be choosing to monetize their work on the Adobe Stock platform. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 01, 2018 Jul 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some valid points for sure.

There are some exciting features and functions that come with the cloud: A.I.

We're only seeing the very beginning of some great potential. 

One experiment I have been digging that's only available if you log into the web platform is: Best Photos.
It's like having a photo assistant help you pick out your best shots.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 01, 2018 Jul 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I don't like is that since I switched to the cloud as my primary workflow, when I sync LR Classic, the full resolution files are then downloaded. No. No. No. Stop doing that Adobe!

What I expected and wanted to see was Smart Previews to be downloaded when I sync in LR Classic.

I don't need all my originals downloaded since they are already backed up in the cloud. Perhaps, maybe, when I zoom in 3:1 to work in greater detail, then download the full resolution — really that only needs to happen on a case by case basis or manually at my choosing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jul 02, 2018 Jul 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SPJ, feel free to create another thread on that topic (but note that LR Classic isn't a full cloud sync member, but rather a desktop-based application, so I wouldn't anticipate that download-originals behavior changing). This thread is about sharing to other social networks/other websites.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SO how is this available on the Ipad App but not on the desktop version?

The Ipad app is hindered by only being able to export 15 files at a time so moved over to the desktop to find Flickr missing.

HOW DISJOINTED is this ecosystem????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The aim is feature parity, but that will take a little time. The mobile apps had already been out for 3 years before the desktop app was released, so it's had more development time. The desktop is catching up fast, and ahead of the mobile apps in some things, but as you've noted, there are some differences. For Flickr, the mobile apps utilize tools built into iOS/Android OS's that aren't available on Windows and macOS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alan. What I think you're seeing there is the built in iOS share functionality which includes Flickr. This isn't technically a difference between desktop and iOS. Lightroom CC on mobile does not have Flickr export built in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 30, 2018 Aug 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not exactly true. The Share Menu which you are talking about above is built into both iOS and macOS. Lightroom could access the API for the macOS share menu and add that to Lightroom CC for Mac. That is however a somewhat newer addition to macOS, though it's been out for a while now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 30, 2018 Aug 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some of us are not professionals.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, are the new connectors the way is going to be to publish on different services?

Connectors
(Mac and Windows only)
As part of the new Share tab, you can also share albums directly to your portfolio hosted on Adobe Portfolio from within Lightroom CC using the new Connector feature.
We’re building out the Connector service to have a full menu of third-party services (like photo labs, photo book printers, and others). Please get in touch if you’re interested in working with us.

If so, is the API going to be release?

Nice to see some movement in this direction anyway 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the plan! Drop them an email if you're interested at this stage, as it sounds like they're going to work with developers behind the scenes for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Already wrote to them to make WP/LR Sync available to CC, let's see how it goes 😉 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe they need more than two weeks to reply, but I feel like they never ever will. Any hints, Victoria? You might know them better 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate