• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Photo merge (Pano & HDR) with imported images

Explorer ,
Aug 05, 2017 Aug 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that LRM has the ability to do HDR photos with the built in camera, it would be nice to also be able to produce HDR images with imported photos.  It should be fairly easy to implement since the coding is already done for the camera.

Idea No status
TOPICS
Android , iOS: iPhone , iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 226 Replies 226
226 Comments
LEGEND ,
Jan 12, 2020 Jan 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As many who like to work on the go, I'm solely dependent on iPad for most of my workflows and would love to keep it that way without duplicating my images / works onto a desktop (with limited cloud storage for sync).

I can 100% switch to ipad if I am able to:

1. merge Pano / HDR
2. store catalog or raw onto an external storage along-with edits

with limited storage on device and cloud it has become cumbersome when using ipad on the go. The above two features are badly needed by many many lightroom users. Hope Adobe takes this ahead, since the new ipadOS provides better external storage features.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another update released (5.2).... Sadly, again without any real features added. No panorama/HDR stitching (which is perfectly possible in Affinity Photo so hardware can handle it), no stacks or virtual copies like on desktop, ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A year later and nothing added (looking at the new 5.2 update). One time I got a reply from a sales manager claiming the iPad Pro was not powerful enough to do this while other competitive software is capable of doing panoramas without a hiccup (Affinity Photo). It's incredible how, after all this time, the iOS software does not seem to get any notable features other than Exporting and Importing. So far no virtual copies or stacks, no panorama or HDR merging, no defringing controls like in desktop, ... But sure, they do update it all the time with useless features like "interactive tutorials". Why bother with features like that when the core of the software is missing such cornerstone features?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a lousy update ! Nothing new and reported bugs, acknowledged and announced to be fixed are not fixed at all...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@antoine Updates are pushed on Adobe Servers prior to any announcements, acknowledgements, and other notes being made.  The reason for this is to ensure that most persons worldwide have the update available at the time off official announcements. 

Fixed bugs, released features and other notes have been added to the appropriate threads starting at 6 AM Pacific Time. Blog posts and help document updates are live across the system as of the same time.
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rikk, I get this but not sure why this is relevant to my remark.
When are stacks/virtual copies coming to iOS/iPadOS? Are there any plans at all to bring panorama stitching to mobile? It would be great if anyone could share a rough roadmap of what to expect. The mobile versions are lagging behind tremendously in comparison to their Windows/macOS Lightroom CC counterparts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Understand: why focus on the "learn" section no one really asked for or cares about when there are so many bugs to fix and pertinent user's requests ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jeroen, It was a response to Antoine Hlmn's statement regarding a lack of information and not a response to your post at all.

Adobe does not generally share timelines for possible future features.
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was saying that reading the description in the AppStore. I’m pleased to see split view on iPad, though! But still: I don’t get why the learn section gets so much attention where so many bugs remain and so many interesting feature request remain unheard for years. It’s sad to see where Adobes priorities lies: catchy tutorials for « non LR users » but not much for loyal customers.

Regarding a timeline: it’s true, excepted when they’re forced to after releasing Ps mobile 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with some of the previous posts. I am personally a fan of Lightroom CC. I love the new UI and it’s ease of use, nor do I doubt the hard work that Adobe engineers are putting in. However, from the consumer point of view, key features that have been missing and requested... some for years... are still missing. All the while we keep seeing updates about the tutorials. On top of that, I think there was an impression that by moving to a new code base, development of new features and functionality would be both faster and more iterative. Now, I don’t want to discount any work happening under the hood, as that is important. I’m just trying to express what a consumer sees and why it is that many are frustrated.

A roadmap of some kind would definitely be a welcome addition. It doesn’t even need to have well defined dates. It would also be helpful to understand what of our requests are not being considered. As I look towards upgrading my gear and develop a workflow for my photography, it would be useful to understand the direction Lightroom CC is going. Will this just be a combination of a hobbyist tool and add-on for Lightroom CC Classic, or is the goal for it become a tool that even pros will be able to use on their iPads as their primary workflow? Is this tool just viewed as an entry point for those beginning their photography journey, or will features such as Virtual Copies, HDR/Pano Merge, offline backup for iPad, printing and others be added to make this the future of photography for everyone, beginners and pros alike? Understanding the features that are being planned and worked on can also help us to make the right decisions for ourselves and our flows, make us feel as though our voices are being heard, and keep us enthusiastically invested in the platform as a whole for years to come.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am overall very satisfied with Lightroom CC.  My main desire is a seamless syncing between desktop and mobile and Lightroom CC delivers that in spades.  In the old days with Lightroom desktop and mobile, syncing could be slow or unreliable.  Now it is perfect.  I do 95% of my editing and culling on the iPhone or iPad and it's nice to know it all syncs perfectly on the desktop.  People complain about a feature here and there, but it is hard to overestimate the value of this seamless workflow.

That being said, I do have a few wishes.  The first is the ability to print from the desktop program.  It is hard to believe that a modern photo management app does not have this capability.  The second is a minor gripe.  I would like to have the ability to perform an HDR merge on imported photos in the mobile app.  However, since the capability is there in the desktop app, this is more of an annoyance than a major problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 @JVN_Photography. I was really hopeful when I saw the 5.2 updates. But no, still no HDR/Panorama. This is actually a dealbreaker that will determine whether I buy an iPad Pro or not. I've tried once but returned it because of these missing features. It was this close to being the perfect photographer travel companion.

Please Adobe, bridge that ugly feature gap and you'll get a lot of love from your users ❤️ 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in the same place. I am not asking for dates on a detailed roadmap. All I want is the knowledge what features are being considered and not considered for future releases.

I am almost exclusively using my iPad Pro and features like stacks and HDR/Panorama merging are holding me back from using it as my only device. If Adobe is not planning on developing this software as a full-blown version of Lightroom or not intending to bring any of these features to iPad, I would like to know so I can move back to a Macbook. I am using iPad Pro because of its performance in a very light-weight form factor but the tools on that iPad are of course more important. If those do not develop, I need to look at other options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The year is 2020. The apps should have HDR features by now, and I mean being able to import, combine and edit RAW photos. I know the photoshop app just launched, but please make this happen.  I shoot RAW exposure bracketing all the time on my mirrorless camera and having the ability to edit on the apps while I’m out and on the go would be a HUGE help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Multiple photo stitch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to show my support for this feature request.
This is the #1 feature holding me back from moving to a completely mobile workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 05, 2020 Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Who agrees that this has to happen? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definitely, a proper HDR/merge feature in Lightroom mobile is long overdue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just got the iPad Pro 2020 and installed Lightroom, then realized one of the most important feature (photo merge) is missing. Hope Adobe will add this feature soon. Currently I have to merge photos in Affinity photo which is not too bad tbh, but I still like to adjust photo in LR....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently came across an Adobe rep on Reddit who was a bit more forthcoming in commenting on this missing feature and it looks like it won't be coming any time soon.

You can read more about it here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Lightroom/comments/fyldj8/how_is_performance_on_ipad_pro_with_lightroom_cc/...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently came across an Adobe rep on Reddit who was a bit more forthcoming in commenting on this missing feature and it looks like it won't be coming any time soon.

You can read his comments here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Lightroom/comments/fyldj8/how_is_performance_on_ipad_pro_with_lightroom_cc/...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to do it!? I see no problem in adding this. Many of us dont't want to have to use a PC to do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add Masking and Panorama Stitching to Lightroom Mobile. I do all my editing on a chromebook so I only have Lightroom Mobile Android.

Votes

Translate

Translate