• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Bring back option to save camera photos to album

LEGEND ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bring back option to save camera photos to album And not just the all photos section. I found it very useful for my photos to go to an album on my trips. Saved time organizing them later.

Idea No status
TOPICS
Android , iOS: iPhone , iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
35 Comments
Engaged ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upvote this request:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-mobile/lightroom-mobile-bring-back-option-to-...

Again, Adobe is doing nothing to fix this kind of GUI bug. It's not supposed to be a "feature request" when the design is bad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rick Do you have any idea why this option was removed in the first place? It’s good to have it as a feature request and nice that you voted for it too, but the fact remains that this is how it used to be! For some unknown reason this was removed some time ago (I don’t remember the exact version).

After you have read this, merge it with the request below.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@JohanElzenga  and @antoine_hlmn  Thanks for pointing this out. I will merge this with the other thread. 

I don't know why the feature was changed except to note that on the other thread Victoria mentions that... "It was "fixed" in response to people complaining about the previous behavior!"

Perhaps this will give it some renewed consideration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would be very curious reading those complaints (what thread?).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume people would make a quick photo, only to find that this photo was added to an album they didn’t intend to add it to. My way to fix that would be to make this an option in the preferences, not by removing it completely...

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Johan, making it an option would be best. Default goes to “All Photos” but with an override for those who want it.

Sorry that I created a duplicate request on this. I was looking for this and couldn’t find an open feature request, so created another. Thanks to Rick for merging it back here (where, it turns out, I had commented on the original request 2 years ago!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Dec 31, 2020 Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed, they should have made an option.

@JohanElzenga, I have digged into the forum and I couldn't find any request with regard to this feature. *Victoria Bampton , do you have more info regarding the request?

Furhtermore, Adobe almost never follows users request posted here, so my guess would be that it would fit better in an "all cloud usage", giving less control over image management.

It is exactly the same as the search function ignoring the album's names: it makes organizing and searching images more difficult pushing to rely solely on AI keywords based on content.

I my opinion, all of those little UI 'bugs' are there on purpose and only to emphasis the all cloud functions and limit user control over it's catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Dec 31, 2020 Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a nightmare trying to find old threads on the new software. Here was one report where the old behaviour was said to be as designed. https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-mobile-camera-puts-images-i... That wasn't the thread I remember though. I'd prefer it to respect the Auto Add behaviour.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to auto add to an albumn in LR mobile until 10/26/2021. When I was no longer able to do this I posted in the community and was told this functionality did not and does not exist (yet I did it for years). Now I have to autoadd to all photos and then move to my albumn. I would like to request that this functionality be added back. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ehhh, it would be amazing to be able to auto upload only new / starting from selected date photos (so it doesn't download all photos from your camera roll). Alternativelly it would be great to be able to change the auto upload folder from camera roll to a different selected folder. 

Votes

Translate

Translate