• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Bring back option to save camera photos to album

LEGEND ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bring back option to save camera photos to album And not just the all photos section. I found it very useful for my photos to go to an album on my trips. Saved time organizing them later.

Idea No status
TOPICS
Android , iOS: iPhone , iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
35 Comments
LEGEND ,
Jan 04, 2019 Jan 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I miss this feature for the same reason. I go on a shoot, or on a trip, and create a folder for the event. Shooting directly into that folder was perfect. Now, I have to go to the conglomerate “LR Camera Photos,” and move them to the desired album. Please bring back the old behavior, or at least make it an option in settings! Thanks for listening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2019 Jan 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom CC for mobile used to be that, when a user is in an album they've created, and launch the camera, all the picture taken during that time period is processed, uploaded, and automatically added to that album. But it doesn't do that anymore, it just processed and uploaded to the main storage. Since there's no way of filtering out items not in album / collection, and raw photos takes a bit to process, is hard to find what you took and loose track.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2019 Jan 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll vote for that return to the way it was!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2019 Jan 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me add my vote and voice to this request!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 13, 2019 Feb 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a bug, or is it a feature they have taken away? Thanks for answering - 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2019 Feb 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was "fixed" in response to people complaining about the previous behavior!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe they should make it a setting a give users an option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why take away something instead of giving people a choice? This was really integral to my workflow, and what I taught my students. Now I have a whole group of students that I taught a workflow Based on shooting into a collection that doesn't work anymore. It's a lot easier to shoot into a collection then it is to have to assigned to a collection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 26, 2019 Feb 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

really missing this fantastic way to file photos as we took them. why get rid of it? it worked incredibly well. please bring it back. such a hassle to have to go in later manually and move things. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2019 Mar 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also want to be able to shoot directly to an Album. I want to keep track of what I shoot with the mobile camera and what albums are synced for the purpose of Adobe portfolio. Now I need to remember to move every photo I shoot into my designated album.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 25, 2019 Mar 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also miss this feature. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 27, 2019 Apr 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really want this feature back, I used it all the time, now I have to do extra work to organize everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 24, 2019 May 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very sad to lose this very useful option. Adobe, please change your mind!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 02, 2019 Sep 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another vote for this time saving feature! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Sep 03, 2019 Sep 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

several months ago (even 1 or 2 years ago) when a collection is opened the new picture taken with the phone within LR app was automatically stored into that collection.
Now it goes to « all pictures » and i have to go there to copy into the desired collection.
Why ???
Mr and Miss Adobe please come back to initial process
Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So frustrating. I can't seem to find my LR mobile edits ANYWHERE on my phone except within the app. Why can't we export the edited image to Gallery? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Nov 15, 2020 Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

There is a problem regarding pictures taken from within an album. Contrary to the import button, just next to the camera button, and which imports the images right in the album, the camera function saves the images only in “Lr Camera photos”.

This makes no sense: that “twin” (import and camera) button should have a twin (similar) behavior.
Also, if that button is accessible from within an album, it seems pretty obvious to me one wants to capture an image IN that very specific album.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is as designed (which does not mean I think it's a good idea). It used to be like you request, but was changed some time ago for some reason unknown to me.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe because albums are useful for syncing with Classic and keeping raws from smart previews apart. It looks like the want to make it as difficult as possible to sort and maintain a decent organized catalog. Like the search function not searching for album names and the keywords and smart collections not syncing.

They want people to switch to cloudy because 1) they can sell storage and 2) it’s a more captive ecosystem than Classic (everything in the cloud, hierarchy not preserved on local backup, ...)

This smells reaaaally bad, in my opinion!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some time back, LR Mobile would allow you to shoot directly to an album. This was great, as when I travel, I could create a new album for the trip, and shoot directly into it for immediate organization.

Now, all the photos just go to "All Photos" and of course the special system smart album "Lr Camera Photos." I can manually add them to my travel albums, but it's such a pain I don't even try.

I couldn't find this as a feature request, but I'm sure this has come up before. Any chance of this feature being reinstated?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use your device's camera to do this.

1. Create new album in Lightroom

2. Click the three dot menu to the right of the new album

3. Select "Auto Add from Camera Roll"

4. Click "Enable"

Now each picture you take with your device's camera will be automatically imported into that new album.

I hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

That doesn’t work for Lightroom’s internal camera, which is what I was hoping for.

Yes, I already use “Auto Add,” but sadly Lightroom’s own camera doesn’t allow this at all. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, that is true...

You could change this post to an Idea and make it a feature request if you like. 

I'd vote for it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just did that! I thought I did that when I created the post, but must have erred. Fixed now, thanks! And Happy New Year 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great! Happy New Year to you too.

(I voted for it👌)

Votes

Translate

Translate