• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Copy photo to clipboard

Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't find a specific feature request that exists for this (there is a discussion thread here, but it is marked as "solved" with a link to a totally unrelated feature).

I often want to share a photo from my library in Slack, imessages, e-mail, etc., and the easiest workflow on Mac these days for most apps is to be able to copy (cmd-C) the image and paste it into the other app. Dragging the photo to the other app is a nice alternative (though one I use less often).

For desktop lightroom, the best solution seems to be one of:

* export photo

* drag the photo from Finder to the app of your choice

* delete the photo when done

* cmd-ctrl-4 (for cropped screengrab) and drag the rectangle to match the edges of the photo as best you can

* paste poorly compressed photo into app of your choice (I just did it on a photo covering less than half my screen, and it resulted in a 25.4 MB file)

Surely it wouldn't be that hard to integrate Lightroom into the copy-paste mechanics of the OS so that we could (a) cmd-C to copy a lightweight PNG export of the photo to clipboard and (b) drag from grid view to achieve the same thing?

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 Comment
Explorer ,
Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This missing feature is SO BASIC, where is it?

Just to provide some context: it works on iOS.

Here's a fun tip for a PM at Adobe: make a list of things you can do on the phone that you can't do on the mac and ask yourself why TF you can do something on a phone and not a computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate