• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Graphical & Image Based Watermarks on images

Enthusiast ,
Sep 05, 2014 Sep 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When outputting any image from Lightroom mobile directly to any service, the image needs to have, at minimum, a © NAME simple watermark placed upon it. I don't think we need full functionality of the Watermark editor in Lightroom desktop but we do need the minimum functionality of the Simple Watermark in Lightroom's Export dialog. Until there is a way to mark an image, why would anyone consider using LR mobile to post anywhere?

NOTE: The original post was a request for a simple, text based watermark which has been implemented. This thread will continue to be the place to vote for image based watermarks. 

Edit: 1/21/2020  - This thread has been changed to represent all three of the Lightroom Ecosystem Clients (Desktop, Web, and Mobile) 

Edit: 5/15/2020 - This thread has been updated to include information on new functionalities. Please see the official post below. 

Idea Released
TOPICS
Android , Chrome OS , iOS: iPhone , iPadOS , macOS , tvOS: Apple TV , Web , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Current Status (10/2020)

• Desktop - Text & graphic watermark
  • iOS (iPhone/iPad) - Text & graphic watermark
  • Android - Text & graphic watermark
  • Web (on export) - Text and Graphic - Planned
  • Web (when viewing) - Text and Graphic - Under Consideration
  • Sync watermarks between Lightroom Ecosystem Clients: Text & graphic watermark

This thread will remained in "Planned" status until the remaining clients complete their work on Graphic watermarks

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 252 Replies 252
252 Comments
LEGEND ,
Mar 19, 2016 Mar 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We seem to have many posts, no response from Adobe ... anyway ... I agree that we must have watermarking in order to share any professional work.  

Please add this capability to the Lightroom web interface; otherwise sharing with clients isn't going to be useable for many professional photographers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 24, 2016 Apr 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just Installed LR Mobile and will be instantly uninstalling as there is still no watermarking function

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 02, 2016 May 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chiming in, come on Adobe, this should be a standard option. We can add watermarks with all other publishing services, but to oversight this...wow. To publish to lightroom mobile, the ability to add a watermark should be standard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 03, 2016 May 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, Adobe isn't doing anything about it. So, what's the best app for adding watermarks to images? Uninstalling LR mobile now. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 14, 2016 May 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran a search for adding watermarks to images in LR Mobile hoping to find an answer on how to do this.  Looks like this much needed functionality is not supported by Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A workaround I use in a pinch: You can do it by creating a PNG of your watermark, transferring it to your mobile device and then combining your watermark with your image in Photoshop Mix. 
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ugh. Unnecessary steps for what should be a standard feature.
BUT also the most fluid workaround yet. Thank you for sharing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up using "Add Watermark" from the Play store.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 27, 2016 May 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep I seriously need this.  It's quite honestly the ONLY reason I still use Lightroom Mobile is the export workflows with watermark.  I do almost all of the other editing in LR mobile - In my dream world, I would be able to export watermarked files directly to dropbox, one drive, and google drive cloud storage as well as create Facebook albums

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 11, 2016 Jul 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 31, 2016 Jul 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does the LR Mobile setting labeled as "Import-Metadata-Add Copyright" do (it doesn't seem to work)??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Aug 01, 2016 Aug 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It adds your copyright (e.g. © Victoria Bampton) to the file's metadata, just as it does on the desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the metadata yes but nog as a watermark that wat we are looking for. as a quick post ontvangen sociale media with watermark!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So who do we talk to in order to get this function added Victoria?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the best spot KJ. Adobe do take the number of votes on a feature request into account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 03, 2016 Sep 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed with all of the above. Wish I had realised this functionality was missing before I had paid for and installed this. The point of being mobile is not to be dependent on carrying a laptop around (or needing access to a PC).

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 08, 2016 Sep 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like the watermark feature had been requested for years and yet...we are still waiting for the improved version of LR mobile.

I started using the LR mobile recently. It is convenient but I feel sort of 'lack of something' without the watermarks.

I hope the watermarks feature request will be considered by Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 23, 2016 Sep 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Watermark on LR Mobile is necessary. Please help us out Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 07, 2016 Oct 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I discovered LR mobile my world changed. Wow, I could display gorgeous portfolios and slideshows on my iPad at a moment's notice. Then I discovered the share feature and I could immediately send images to my social media accounts. Wow - how smooth. Thank you Adobe. THEN, I discovered no watermarks! Oh, surely I missed something! Maybe I didn't sync correctly my desktop version. Nope. No way to watermark. If anything in the entire history of photography and the world needs a watermark, it's photos on social media sites. Please Adobe. Surprise us. Give us the feature that is the  way of the future. Traditional publishing is dwindling. Even our clients are publishing more frequently on the internet, specifically on social media sites, than elsewhere. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 08, 2016 Oct 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved on. No way I'm going to put anything out without a watermark. You may want to check out a new program called Mylio that makes mobile sharing to a next world level. More info on my blog at  http://naturalexposures.com/dream-near-perfect-photo-backup-system-now-place/. It's unbelievable Adobe hasn't addressed the watermark issue but that's what happens when there is little to no competition. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 22, 2016 Oct 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, you are great and fantastic, always pushing the boundaries into new horizons of software genius, making it fun to use and very high quality. As a company that seems to take growth and customer satisfaction seriously, I bid you to consider very seriously this thread, and the other hundred out there like it: PLEASE ADD A WATERMARK FEATURE TO LIGHTROOM MOBILE! PLEASE! WITH A CHERRY ON TOP.
It doesn't have to be a full feature watermark like on Lightroom Desktop, however, a text watermark is essential to anyone who takes protecting their intellectual property seriously. So do that.
In my mind, it would be perfect if when you shared, or saved to gallery, it would ask if you wanted to watermark your photo. If you said yes, it would take you to a screen where you could do that, if you said no, you'd be on your way.
I plead with you from the bottom of my heart, PLEASE ADD A WATERMARK FEATURE TO LIGHTROOM MOBILE!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 24, 2016 Oct 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom mobile should at least have the ability to add pretty existing watermarks to the pictures you save. Without this option, one can't really share ones pictures with anyone. This practically makes the app useless in spite of all the other awesome features and convenience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have started rating the product low on the App Store and asking for watermarks there. I encourage everyone else to do this as posting to these forums has gotten no results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great idea!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,