• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: (iPadOS): Swap panels for Left-Handers

LEGEND ,
Aug 06, 2017 Aug 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The current (08-2017) build on Lr Mobile places the tools on the right' for left handed people especially when using a iPad Pro and the iPencil, this causes serious functionality issues, as using the sliders etc means the left hand is over the image...it would be great if the location of the tools could be moved back to the bottom (prefered) or be selectable (left or right side)

Idea Released
TOPICS
iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
58 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I totally agree!  It would be extremely helpful if Adobe would give its left-handed customers the option of moving the tools panel to the left side of the screen, or simply move the location to the bottom of the screen so that it works equally well for both right-handed and left-handed users.  The current location is very frustrating for left-handed customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree here too! Just purchased the Wacom Cintiq Pro and I had no idea that in 2017 I would be hampered because I was Left Handed! I called Adobe and the response was so poor in terms of customer service. I use LR for 95% of my editing and feel I have wasted $2000 because Adobe LR doesn't support Left handed people using touch screens. ( response from Adobe support person was 'just edit in PS' Super helpful NOT! Thanks dude! 😞 For now, I'm turning my screen upside down and working that way, no good enough

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a bit ridiculous that LR Mobile (and the desktop apps for that matter) do not have this functionality. Left handed creatives are being shut out over a simple feature that should be very easy to implement. I love using the iPad Pro + Apple Pencil for editing, but it is rendered useless for lefties by the fact that the adjustment panels are locked to the right side of the screen. While left handed folks edit, their hand, wrist, and arm are in the way of the image. It's a constant struggle to make a adjustments. Get with it Adobe, you're not listening to your customer base there are posts about this missing "feature" dating back 7 years ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For LR Classic, please add your me-too vote and detailed opinion to this existing (popular) topic: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lightroom_panels_for_left_handers

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree with OP. Lightroom Mobile is a pain for left handed users at the moment

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree with OP. Lightroom Mobile is a pain for left handed users at the moment

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, please do add this functionality. Affinity for iPad already has it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2017 Nov 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a left handed person. Now, for me is almost impossible to work in my IPad, or IPhone, with the new Lightroom CC. I think that Adobe could (should!) do something to make the life of the thousands of left handed costumers, that regularly use Lightroom CC in portable devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2017 Nov 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No support for left handed users.

Why, despite the many many complaints by many users for such a long time have you, Adobe, not done anything about this or given reason for your lack of support for left handed users?

Please can you update us all as to what if anything you are planning to do about this major flaw in your program?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are working on an update for Lightroom Mobile to provide left-handed support. Thanks for your patience as we build this functionality in--unfortunately it's not a simple change since we need to make sure that all of the experience flows work without adding bugs, while also ensuring that we can continue to build the app in an efficient way (that is, without having to build and maintain two similar but different views ad infinitum :)).

While I can't say exactly when it'll come out, know that the team is actively working on it (there's actually fingers on code on this feature already) so hopefully it'll be sooner vs. later 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

¿Se puede cambiar la paleta de controles al lado izquierdo? Para los zurdos es incómodo trabajar con el Apple Pencil y el panel de revelado al lado derecho.
Gracias.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Josh, thanks for the speedy reply and glad to hear you’re working on it. Got to admit though it does seem like an awfully bad oversight on the part of the original developers to have not included it in the first place!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Josh  !!! 🙂 I really hope, that for the next products Adobe could think about us, left handed, from the begining. A very good day to you ! Best regards from Portugal 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am use Lightroom cc on iPad Pro and tolls meniu on right hand was, I work in left hand how to changed left side position? It is possible to change?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 26, 2017 Dec 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree! Adobe needs to adress this issue and provide necessary accessibility options for left handed users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 06, 2018 Jan 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The right side placement of the tool panel is horrible for lefties. Reaching across the photo to adjust a setting obscures the photo and the impact of the setting change as it is adjusted. What were you thinking??? Please move it back to bottom or allow it to be moved around. It would also be nice if it’s size could be reduced. It takes up a lot of screen real estate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is long overdue!  Really difficult for left-handers and I recall this was first raised quite a long time ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is long overdue!  Really difficult for left-handers and I recall this was first raised quite a long time ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Left hand menu urgently needed - please!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Josh, four months later would you have news about this? Four months is rather a long time for adding such a feature, even while allocating time to properly test it before it goes public! Thanks in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's in the latest release Frunk. Tap the LR icon top left, go down to General and you'll find the preference setting in there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to add my voice to this, too! As a left handed creative, it's very uncomfortable trying to edit photos with my hand in the way...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Andrew this functionality has been added in a recent LR Mobile update. It's a settings function you can turn on in the app!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOLVED!!!

If you click on the "Lr" on the home page and then go to "General" you'll find "Left Handed Editing" and can switch it there. Thank you Adobe!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yep, found it. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate