• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Lightroom Desktop: Ability to print

LEGEND ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We really need a "convenient" way to print.  Some of us still like to create prints to hang on a wall.  While I know the printing is still available in "classic", to be able to move forward with Adode, an integrated print function needs to be added to Lightroom CC.

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 191 Replies 191
191 Comments
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can not find PRINT

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unable to find PRINT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because print is part of another software. This will be implemented on Lightroom CC-P. Available only with a 2.5TB cloud plan and a myriad of other useless gigantic software

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is so ridiculous!! I wish I had never updgraded! This seems like a BASIC feature! There is so much I like about this version, but not having a print option in the program is a deal breaker for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is a lot of added steps if you are printing multiple images, having to bounce back and forth, exporting and importing, espec if you need to make any more edits between prints. Easier to do it within the program. It is a basic function, it should be in the program. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2018 Jun 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can there not be a print function in a photo DAM? And one by Adobe? How does this basic feature not exist? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2018 Jun 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a really strange matter. I wish I could be present the day somebody decide not to implement such a basic function. I mean : 

Man 1 - Why don't we implement such a feature (I mean print)?
Man 2 - No man, seriously, do you thing people gonna print any picture in 21th century? 
Man 3 - It will cost us 3 months of development and an another 2 month debugging 
Man 1 - OK it is too complex, you're right . 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously - no ability to print directly from Lightroom CC?  I am a new user of the Lightroom app, hence I bought an Adobe subscription, just so that I could play before I purchase.  Based on my experience so far, I won't be buying either Lightroom or Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, I am so disappointed that I have gone to the trouble to migrate my entire library of over 21 thousand photos and sign up for the 1TB storage option in the new Lightroom CC.  The lack of a print module is ridiculous.  I have never seen a production piece of software that didn't allow "print" as a function.  Please, Adobe, fix this FAST.  You are embarrassing yourselves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2018 Jun 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In fact, adobe spent so much time and money trying to understand themselves what they are doing, try to understand why they are doing such complex things, trying to complexify as much as possible the web site for human not able to understand what is the good solution (classic or CC) they do not got any cash to develop and test a feature that need such an amount of ressource.

So fellow customers pry again and again and give 20bucks month for 2 beta and slow software

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add printing to Lightroom CC!  I agree with all the criticism.  Truly shocking the program has no print function.  The workarounds mentioned are not acceptable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 10, 2018 Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree.  Since Lightroom CC seems to be the more "watered down" version a straightforward print option would probably work fine for most people.  I still use Lightroom Classic for certain types of workflows, but I think the complexity of the Print module would be overkill for Lightroom CC - UNLESS that plan is to get right of Lightroom Classic in the future, then you definitely need a robust print feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm totally with your intention. But the print feature in LR Classic wasn't that comprehensive, still enough. If they include just a simple "print" button, then you also could do the job by exporting and printing with tools included in the operating system. The choice of colorspace conversion, and adjustment of brightness and contrast is vital, at least for my workflow. As all the features seem to be there and it's only a lack of UI elements (e.g. Fujifilm film simulations worked if they were set in metadata by tools like Iridient Transformer but you could not change it in LR CC as there was no profile choice until some weeks ago), I guess the print feature is just some UI sketches away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you kidding, seriously? How can you write in case we want to print instead of a simple cmd-P we should need to export save on a place, open in preview (I'm in Mac, don't how its going on on a pc) and then finally print? Is a print function so complex to implement? Do we have to admit a 10-15 or even 20€/month lakes such feature starting to find some weird way to work?

In fact nobody know what going on with Lightroom. Probably Adobe don't even know. In fact either Lightroom CC and Lightroom classic lakes feature. Classic is slow and heavy with tons of feature. CC is slow and heavy with tons of missing feature. As a result (and finally the only people how win are adobe) we need to buy or rent 2 softwares with none of them comply with our need. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A simple Print function can't be the target. They will do the whole thing. As I said, the print function is in place for sure, the UI needs to be done. And printing is a whole new thing in the LR CC interface - not only a new slider or button. It needs some more brainwork and planning. But I'm sure it will come, and I'm sure Adobe doesn't give a single f*** about people threatening with buying other software. Not a single competitor can offer a mobile app like LR CC. NO ONE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW: On PC/Windows it's the same procedure as on a Mac. I'll open a bottle of champaign when Lightroom is available on Linux, although saving, opening and printing can't be less effort 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Christian,
Simple print function is maybe not the target for you but it is for me. And probably for many people here. I can't believe a such massive software can't even print and more of all I can't believe it needs some brainstorming to decide if it will be implemented or not. 
You have to know we do not all use Lightroom to apply preset or retouch photos.
in my case LR (CC classic) is only used to manage, tag etc my library and print some A3 or contact for customers. If I need to use Lightroom CC it is only because and for an unknown [mod note - bad language removed] reason LR Classic is not able to send original pictures in the cloud for me using as a backup plan and as a viewer on my iPhone.
If I'm using LR Classic it is because CC is not able to manage 2 library etc etc

LR CC is missing some important feature and Adobe need urgently to merge those 2 software and offer the possibility to chose between 2 different UI. They will do not need anymore to maintain 2 piece off software and user will better understand or estimate what will be the future of such an expensive offer

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 22, 2018 Jul 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please put a direct printing function into Lightroom CC, I shouldn't have to open a photo in PhotoShop to print it. I want to be able to print directly from Lightroom CC without saving the image as a JPEG.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 25, 2018 Jul 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unbelievable. An image-editing program, from ADOBE, for cryin' out loud, and no PRINT functionality? Please add soon... my subscription expires in November, and won't be renewed for a program lacking such a fundamental feature as PRINTING. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 09, 2018 Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don’t understand why Adobe would even release a photographer’s piece of software that doesn’t enable you to produce a photograph to hang on your wall. Seems a pointless retrograde step from LR Classic. I read one work around that said sync with LR Mobile and print from your iPhone....really?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Printing is a pretty big miss for me because the alternative of saving a JPEG and printing it with an OS-level utility not only adds multiple steps, and JPEGs to clean up after the fact, but, also because I switch back and forth between Windows and Mac.  So it requires different workflows depending on which computer I'm working from.  Part of the appeal of CC is having a unified workflow across multiple workstations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2018 Sep 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... Still waiting Adobe. 
I really need that softproofing & printing function. 
If there's no change anywhere near soon, I'll opt out of my plan and switch back to Lightroom Classic CC...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2018 Sep 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

very frustrating. 11 months later, we do not have the functionality. And we don't even know if it will be implemented.
Or maybe in a revision 2.0 of CC?
If somebody knows, please share, because you care

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 24, 2018 Sep 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add the PRINT function to LR CC

Votes

Translate