• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Lightroom Desktop: Ability to print

LEGEND ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We really need a "convenient" way to print.  Some of us still like to create prints to hang on a wall.  While I know the printing is still available in "classic", to be able to move forward with Adode, an integrated print function needs to be added to Lightroom CC.

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 191 Replies 191
191 Comments
Explorer ,
Oct 05, 2018 Oct 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why Why why why why WTF! No Print function. I am reading these threads, and as per usual, no response from ADOBE!!!!!! WE PAY YOU MORE THAN EVER BEFORE!! LISTEN TO US!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2018 Oct 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

12 months. 12 months long for a feature how should be implemented in early alpha rev.

Sooooo strange

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When will a printing module be added to Lightroom CC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just started using Lightroom CC and find it unbelievable that there is no print function available.  For goodness sake Adobe, sort this out now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right. Strangely I was not implemented initially but more crasy nothing was done after 1 year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another plea - Lightroom CC is great - but printing is a must!
Why no Word from Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

because, apparently, I'm an idiot:  I migrated and upgraded to LRCC.  And now I cannot print an image.  I know that maybe most people are only interested in online images, but I NEED TO PRINT - it's why I photograph!

WTF ADOBE - I give you $$$ every month and now I get nothing but edit and STORAGE!  I don't want a workaround!  I want a PRINT FEATURE - Abobe has definitely gone backwards.  GRRRRR

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 18, 2018 Nov 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Affinity photo working on a DAM

Photoshop CC coming to iOS (surely a print feature will come with)

For me it’s a matter of which comes first as I solely work in iOS and LR is the only logical DAM. AP may change that, I would migrate instantly if they beat Adobe to the punch because all their products are first class... but with PS CC coming out I would drop Aff Photo and go with a seamless integration workflow in adobe.

Which ever comes first really.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just adding more comments ref how after all this time no print function in CC ! 
Looked at this over 12 months ago and still the same problem ! Moving back to classic

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know how to get a lossless compression file out of LR CC, that also contains my edits?
It's for the purpose of printing, of course, that I wish to send the highest resolution file to a pro printing service, but I can get only jpegs and DNGs + settings, which I am really not sure how they're going to be processed. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go for JPEG. Unless you resave it over and over again, you won't see a difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Victoria. I wonder why is the ability to export lossless images not available? Is there a feature request I can up-vote?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It isn't just lossless images which is difficult, sometimes one needs to export to a particular size or quality. It seems really sad that Lightroom CC should be hampered by a very few real 'gotchas' (I really like the book module in Classic for instance).

What I don't understand is why Adobe is silent about this - IMHO they should either:

1. Say that they aren't going to put a print / export module in because it's designed that way and explain their logic

2. Say that they are going to put these features in (even if it's not imminent). 

best

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to the community so please pardon any redundancy if this topic has been covered - I wasn't able to find the exact question I'm posing.

I just got a killer deal on a Canon Pro-100 printer from B&H and was so excited to be able to take control of my printing.  That was, until I learned that Lightroom CC DOESN'T have a print module!!  Beyond frustrated.  I am a complete and total newb when it comes to printing photos and need help.

What is my best work-around for a lack of a printing module?  Looked at adding Photoshop to my CC plan but not worth the cost for this single feature.  What are you all doing to get around this inexplicably missing feature?  Any resources, how-to's, instructional resources, etc would be greatly appreciated!

P.S. I'm on a Mac

Thanks,

Sam

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not until I received my Canon Pro-100 printer did I even realize that Lightroom CC doesn't have a print module!  I thought certainly I'm overlooking it - nope.  I'm at a loss for words and beyond frustrated, having recently gone "all in" with Lightroom CC.  

What are you all using as a work-around?  I'm on a Mac and a total newb to printing.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sam
I'm using both Lightroom CC and Lightroom Classic but leading with Lightroom CC.

I'm on a Mac as well, and if you have the photographer's subscription then you can load classic - it will sync with the collections in CC and has a fine print module.

Alternatively (perhaps easier) you can right click on an image in classic and chose 'Edit in Photoshop' this will also allow you to print.

So - there are ways around it, but it's still stupid!

best
Jonathan

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jonathan.  Unfortunately I just have a solo Lightroom CC subscription and don't have access to Classic or Photoshop.  Not interested in buying-up just to gain a printing feature that should be included in CC in the first place.  Ugh.  Guess I need to be looking at 3rd party software but have no idea where to go.  Perhaps my Canon driver disk has some bloat software I could use...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sam
Could you 'save to' a full sized jpg file and then print that in Preview (which does quite a good job of printing). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

. . . . also worth considering upgrading to the 'photographer's subscription' it isn't very expensive and sometimes it's nice to have photoshop . . and then there is the book model in Classic!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the best feature request to vote on: Lightroom CC: Additional options needed when exporting

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since Lightroom CC does not have printing capabilities yet, you'll either have to purchase some other program that does have that capability such as Photoshop Elements or find a free utility on the Internet that provides that capability and use it until Lightroom CC eventually does have printing capability. I don't know what plan you have, but if you have the photography plan that also entitles you to Lightroom Classic CC, that program does have printing capability.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only problem with "Preview" is the inability to input DPI specs and/or ICC profiles (am I missing something?).  Looks like I'll be checking out the Photography Plan for another $10/month or some 3rd party print utility.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see that - might be worth checking out whether they have any deals right now? When I checked out adding 1Tb cloud storage I got the whole lot for £12 per month (CC,Classic,Photoshop,1Tb storage) not such a bad deal I reckon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you are on a Mac, the easiest workaround is to export a full-sized jpeg and print it from preview. It is indeed very frustrating that CC does not have printing. Classic has superb printing features and many other features that CC does not (yet) have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 26, 2018 Dec 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After getting to know it I very much like the print functionality in Lightroom Classic. I get just the margins and photo size I want. The sharpening and contrast settings are nice to let me tweak a single print. It is also not overly complex.

When this finally comes to Lightroom CC, I hope you keep and improve on the good bits.

Being able to print with the same level of control from the iOS app would be incredible. Not sure what is possible, but something like that would be a game changer. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate