• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Support for Android

Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2014 Apr 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a paying CC customer, who pays as much for your product as those who chose to own Apple products, I feel it's a little bit unfair to give preference to a certain subgroup solely based on their device choices.

I do understand how software is released and that it does take some amount of work to get it working on the various Android hardware, but I just want to make sure you know (I'm sure you do) that there are many of us out there that want to have this feature too.

Idea Released
TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jan 20, 2015 Jan 20, 2015

"Lightroom mobile is optimized for phones running Android 4.1.x and later. The user experience is not yet optimized for tablets and large screen sizes. We have restricted the availability to the screen sizes that we know work the best for the present rather than making it available as a sub optimal experience across all the screen sizes."

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jan 15, 2015 Jan 15, 2015
Lightroom mobile for Android phones is released.

http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjourn...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Nov 13, 2014 Nov 13, 2014
We're at a stage where we're looking for folks who are interested in joining our prerelease to help beta test Lightroom mobile for Android. If you have time to commit and you're interested let me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , May 20, 2014 May 20, 2014
Lightroom mobile for Android is planned: http://www.adobe.com/products/lightro...

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 144 Replies 144
144 Comments
LEGEND ,
May 20, 2014 May 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is Lightroom Mobile only available for the Apple platform? You are ignoring the other 50% of mankind not addicted/hooked to the Apple eco system...but happily and freely running Android...
Why giving such favors to the company (Jobs cs) which for reasons of technical shortcomings of their iPad managed to kill Adobe's development of Flash.

By the way: I am a great fan of LR on my Windows PC..

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom mobile for Android is planned: http://www.adobe.com/products/lightro...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 18, 2014 Jul 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a Creative Cloud member who -- unfortunately, it seems from Adobe's viewpoint -- uses the Windows and Android platforms, I'd like to have a little more respect. I understand that your developers are iCentric but will there ever be any of your new developments for Win or Android? Such as the Light magazine and Lightroom Mobile (iPad only) or the new drawing apps (iPlatform only)...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2014 Sep 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A little more guidance from adobe re the timing for android support for lightroom mobile would be appreciated. I understand the frustration of android users. Give us an idea when we can expect an android version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, seldom, if ever, announces support or time tables for upcoming products/versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it sucks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Sep 04, 2014 Sep 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let' say they announced the date and then couldn't release on time. Would that be worse or better?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 04, 2014 Sep 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm really looking forward to the Android version!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2014 Oct 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been a long time coming. I have a new Galaxy Tab S 10.5 waiting to run this, and I'm sure there must be many other Android users waiting. I hope it is getting high priority and will be out soon?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 02, 2014 Oct 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ditto that

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 12, 2014 Oct 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, been wanting to subscribe, but their services are a mess. I don't understand why Revel isn't included in the Photography Plan ($5.99 a month is a lot just for that) and I don't understand why they insist on charging Windows/Android/Windows Phone users more for software and services that are effectively crippled on their devices. If you want to do it that way, they make two tiers.

Creative Cloud Photography (Windows) : $6.99/mo
Creative Cloud Photography (Apple Exclusive Club) : $9.99/mo

Going to go look into Corel's photography tools, now...

*limps away*

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2014 Nov 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any chance of releasing a version of Lightroom Mobile for Android?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I pay the same as an iPad user and should expect the same consideration from Adobe! It's been "coming" for many months!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see there are mobile apps for Apple but nothing for Andriod users. Will there be something coming along soon or are we just out of luck?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why does Adobe only make mobile apps for Apple iPhone and iPad and not android for Photoshop CC and Lightroom? I have an Android phone and pad and feel this is unjust as I pay for this service in my monthly bill: seems more than unfair and unjust to me. Is anything being done to correct this upside down situation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're at a stage where we're looking for folks who are interested in joining our prerelease to help beta test Lightroom mobile for Android. If you have time to commit and you're interested let me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd be happy to try this out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd be happy to try this out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll certainly do some beta testing for you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, I'd be happy to try it, so long as it's not going to mess with my data in Lightroom on my main Win64 PC. On Android, I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5, and HTC One M8, though I'm unlikely to use it for real on the latter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could set up a separate catalog for testing Bruce. That's always a good plan when doing prerelease, as things regularly get messed up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip Victoria, sounds a good plan. I back up regularly anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

f you have time to commit and you're interested let me know. - I'm interested ( very long-term LR user; since beofre v 1.0)

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As one of the "frustrated" long time LR users working in a Windows/Android environment (see my comments of 6 months ago), I'd love to give my prime supplier of Photo and Video software a helping hand in doing some beta testing on the Android app. Count me in if you can

Votes

Translate

Translate