Can't connect to the server Lightroom

New Here ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
When I try to open lightroom I get this message "can't connect to server" - to this message I can only press 'ok' and then lightroom shuts down.

It's slightly frustrating, as I need to work on some images...

Has anyone else had this issue?

Has anyone found a way to fix this?

Best regards,
Martin

{Edited the thread title by the moderator}

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry for the "Can't connect to the server" error. Which Lightroom version do you have installed? Could you please sign out and sign in from the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop app and check if that helps.

Also, take a look at the following feedback link and try the offered suggestions: https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-desktop-cloudbased/lightroom-desktop-no-netwo...

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Mohit

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mohit,
I tried to sign out and in again, without luck.

I have tested the four steps below - all seems to be fine

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-network-issues.html

1. Test your connection to Adobe activation servers.
  2. Reset your hosts file.
  3. Make sure that you can access secure sites.
  4. Check the GlobalSign Root CA certificate.

I also tried to download lightroom classic, it works - however, I'd like to get the cc version back on track 🙂

Any other suggestions?

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in the same boat. I have this same problem on my MacBook Pro running Mac OS Catalina version 10.15.7 and the latest version of Lightroom (4.1). I can connect to the Adobe cloud just fine in Photoshop and Creative Cloud. I launch Lightroom, get the splash screen and then immediate get the error "Can't connect to the server. Lightroom is having trouble connecting to the server. Please try again later." I can click OK, and the application closes. That's all I can do with it.

I have also gone through the suggested troubleshooting steps for connectivity issues to no avail. I was running Lightroom CC on my previous MacBook Pro but haven't been able to run it on my new one.

Has there been a resolution for this?

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

After escalating this issue beyond the 'normal' adobe supporter, and getting an advanced Adobe supporter we mangaged to solve the issue. Unfortunately it came back and I haven't been able to solve since. 

Br

Martin

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this post is a bit old but how did the advanced support solve it and were you ever able to permanently solve it?

Thanks

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also hoping for this info. My lightroom 4.1 won't connect to the cloud.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines