Lightroom 6 : deactivation / activation

New Here ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In 2018 I bought licence of LR6 from an Agent . I  decided to buy it , because I was using LR not regularly 

, only for private edition of my pictures taking also for own usage ( not commercial) , thats why  offline version was a perfect for me . This year I lost my computer ( SSD was bouned out) , bought new one , install LR6 and ....: You have to deactivate old computer . I Can't do it , how? Customer service wan't to help me , because they do not support any more LR 6  and tehy offer of course online version paid month by month . It's crazy , because I do not want to pay for nothing , using LR from time to time , maybe 3-4 times a year .  I feel robbed  by Adobe ! ! ! :o((  . really . It's against also a law , because If I bought something I have all rights  , and ADOBE  close this possibility ! 

TOPICS
Download and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2018 is three years ago, and the whole Adobe Lightroom platform has changed. Unfortunately for you and many others, Lightroom 6 is totally obsolete, completely unsupported, and no longer even operable on some older operating systems. However, I have seen reported instances of some users who have contacted Adobe and asked to have their activations reset and have had success. There is nothing anyone on this forum we can do for you because this is a user supported forum. Here is a link where you can contact Adobe support via live chat. Give it a try, asking for a reset of your activations. I don't know if Adobe is still doing that, but it's your only option at this point.

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?step=LTRM_membership-account-payment_cancel-your-membership_sti... 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank You Jim . I contacted before to Adobe customer support by chat ( few times ) and they do not support LR6 any more . You're right . I contacted also Adobe Germany by phone - ther tried to help but their server do not see my licence as active , was switched off . Seller who sold me it in 2018 ... do not exist any more , company closed , phone switched off . Lost !  Today I decided to buy AdobePhotoshop Ele , also offline version , because I'm using such tool temprorarly , only private usage . 

Again thanky You for Your help . Tomas

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines