• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Error with variable fonts in Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2023 Sep 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(From: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/error-with-variable-fonts-in-photoshop/idc-p...)

On my computer with Windows 11 (untested on MacOS and Windows 10) I have this problem with variable fonts in Photoshop Beta (The fonts are downloaded from Google Fonts).

Only occurs with BOLD, EXTRABOLD and BLACK sizes.
error.png

I hope they fix it soon 🙂

Bug Fixed Locked
TOPICS
Desktop-Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Sep 22, 2023 Sep 22, 2023

Hi, the team is aware and lookiing into this issue.

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
63 Comments
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2023 Dec 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't confirm this because I downgraded PS and dare not mess with it at the moment but, going by the latest release notes for 25.3.1, this still hasn't been fixed. It's not acknowledged in known issues either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2024 Jan 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello,

I am wondering when the problem regarding the font weights is going to be solved. It's already January, and it seems it's been a few months by now. I can not use certain fonts in bold/extra bold/ black. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jan 03, 2024 Jan 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Olga229025465qis , supposedly the issue is already being looked into anyway, but if you want to give the Photoshop team more material for testing »certain fonts« may not be exact enough. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2024 Jan 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thank you. I saw the reply that the team was looking into this issue (it was in September). 

The fonts I had a problem with are: 
Mulish ExtraBold, Black, and ExtraBlack

There were other fonts a way back, but this one was recently.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still waiting for this issue to be resolved for the original font listed... Montserrat. I'm not a coder, so excuse my frustration with the length of time this is taking but I do not understand why it's taking so long! I just don't get it. Please fix this soon. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@MBF1943 

Hi! I totally get your frustratioon. 

I just wanted to give you a heads up that I tried Monserrat in different font weights and it works - so i Think this particular issue has been resolved. I amd using 25.3.1 Photoshop release. So you might try to update your version, or even go back to an older one. That what happened with me in InDesign, some font weights (can't remember now which one particularly) didn't work for me in a newer release, so I had to go back to an older version of it. Hope it'll help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also using 25.3.1 and it still does not work for me. It should work on the latest release. Always. And it's been 5 months since this has been reported. Maybe I'll try deleting and reinstalling Montserrat but I think that's been tried before by others. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2024 Jan 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It still doesn't work neither for me nor my teammate. I currently have to use Illustrator to paste text Smart Objects into Phtoshop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2024 Jan 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is the team still aware of this issue? or even looking at this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to do the same! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@faqihdsg , @CoryShubert stated that the team is aware, so we can assume the bug is on the list and should not be removed unless it has been addressed. 

But … some Photoshop bugs have lingered for years and the Illustrator team even let a bug persist for more than a decade so it seems impossible for »outsiders« to estimate if and when this will be resolved. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2024 Jan 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 07, 2024 Feb 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks @c.pfaffenbichler this issue was fixed with the 25.4 beta release.  If anyone is still seeing this please start a new thread with the details. We will close this thread as fixed.

Thanks,

Cory - Photoshop Product Manager

Votes

Translate

Translate