• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Generate not working in new Beta

Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2024 Jun 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Photoshop 2024 (25.10.0) Beta File > Generate does no longer generate correctly 

Using the generate command "dark glass background  effect" produce a white background or similar  see photo

Bug Acknowledged
TOPICS
Desktop-macOS , Desktop-Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
28 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2024 Jun 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi after recent update I can no longer get the AI to generate a dark background I have tried Blackboard , Black Glass, Back shinny background , Dark Oak , etc . It will only generate light colurs any help would be appreciated Image in photo was generated using "prompt Dark Black Blured Background Black Glass foreground " this type of result happens with all images

foo  (3 of 11).jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

don't know if this helps…

select subject

invert selection

Prompt : dark glass effect

first shots :

Capture d’écran 2024-06-03 à 19.16.39.png

Capture d’écran 2024-06-03 à 19.15.45.png

Capture d’écran 2024-06-03 à 19.14.45.png

   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thanks for the reply, are you using Photoshop or the Beta if beta which version please . I have also included my original file and my photoshop results and my Latest Beta screenshot. It seems like its a bug in the Beta . Thanks for your help will go back to using the original for now 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oops this is the photoshop result using dark glass effect 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does being more descriptors with the prompt help?

Just throwing this prompt out for ideas. I've found that adding more adjectives helps with refining the results.

"nighttime backgournd sitting on black glass table"

Chris486_0-1717448891575.png

Chris486_1-1717448912285.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are right. I did it with Photoshop. Then I tried the Beta which is unable to provide any black or dark background…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help .  It does not make any difference even using full stops between commands (nighttime backgournd.sitting on.black glass table) does not work in beta 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks I will report it as a bug 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody, the team is able to reproduce this and will begin work on this. We will update you when a fix is released.

Thanks,

Cory - Photoshop Product Manager

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jun 24, 2024 Jun 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bug feedback or Discussion please is fine. You tell me what the ai tool is trying to tell me here.

Simple need today to remove shirt and tie, add black suit and tie.  I do this normally with two images.  Swap out clothing from one image to another.  I will with this need.  5 minutes.

But I figure, let's also try the new 25.11.0 beta with what it said was improved generative fill vers.3 with minimal prompt words.  

starting with: 
0 - Add Suit and tie - start -Copy - Copy.jpg

Ok,  Prompt 1.   Add suit and tie.   I didn't specify "black" suit, yet. I guess I figured one of the options would be a black suit.  my mistake. (marque drawn around whole image space from neck down)

Three images options result:

1.  grey striped suit and tie  (great if wanted that)

1- light grey stripe suit - Copy - Copy.jpg

2. white suit and tie  (works if wanted white)

2 - white suit - Copy - Copy.jpg

3. light grey suit and tie  (another fine suit, but I need a black suit)

3 - light grey suit - Copy - Copy.jpg

Ok, so it seems like this might work great at this point but I realized I need to add a descriptive word, such as "black" suit to prompt.

Prompt 2.   Add black suit and tie.    Three more options are presented.

4. perfect black suit and tie, but it cuts out or masks out most of the suit!  I can' t seem to unmask it.  it's not there.  Just a random cut out shape of white left.

4 - black suit but cut out area - Copy - Copy.jpg

5.  Another would-be usable black suit option.  But it crops it out yet again!
5 - black suit but cut out area again - Copy - Copy.jpg

6 For the third option, it shows me once again that it can provide a full suit jacket and tie.   Just not a black suit!   Now I'm starting to think Adobe developers don't like me, or this AI tool doesn't.  It offers a White Tux like jacket and bow tie.  Looks great if that was what you asked for.  Again, I prompted "add black suit and tie"
6 - white tux and bow tie - but not cut out at least - Copy - Copy.jpg

I try one last time to simplify the prompt by removing the word "add".   Prompt 3 = black suit and tie

7.   Shows a black suit and tie(sort of a tie), only now the option seems to be showing it bursting out of the paper space as a graphic and so shows very little of the suit and tie area.  Nobody asked for that, did I?
7 - simplify request - odd result - Copy - Copy.jpg

8. Another black suit and bow/tie, and yet another wild portrait bursting out of the paper graphic effect.  Why?
8 - simplify request - odd results - Copy - Copy.jpg

Not sure why it only produced two results the third time.  Maybe the photoshop gremlins built into the software now went on strike or started to feel bad about messing with my sanity.

So, should I ask it for a white suit and tie?  That way maybe it will finally give me a full black suit and tie result?   Should I add, the words pretty please to the next prompt?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update for comparison, I tried this with generative fill on non-beta PS version 25.9.1 and got a black suit and tie on first attempt.   The ties weren't as good, but I did get a black suit and black tie right away from the prompt, black suit and tie.

88-Screenshot 25.9.1 - Copy.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@metallums18 One thing I noticed is in your layers panel you generated another version on top of your existing generative results. I thought that might be affecting it but no -

kevinstohlmeyer_0-1719253252314.png

"black business suit and tie" - not one of them generated a black sports coat, etc. Something has definitely gone amiss...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's interesting, so you tried it and received similar result with the beta where it avoids offering a black suit.   I was surprised seeing how quickly I received a black suit result with the 25.9.1 public version.

Regarding layers: Yes, I did run subsequent generatives in the same file and it produces a new layer each time I change the prompt.  I think I just turn the eye off the first generative layer, reselect the base layer I'm running it on and have it generate another layer if I'm changing the prompt.  This seems to keep the original three offerings separate as I try a different prompt.  I also may have been turning the visibility eye on or off or randomly selecting layers for the screen captures afterwards.  So I can't say I'm certain if the correct layer was selected when I took the screen grabs.  Only that I'm sure they came in the order and steps I showed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, please confirm what Ps beta you are seeing this issue with... current is:
Adobe Photoshop Version: 25.11.0 20240706.m.2689 a56b6d6 arm64

Thanks,

Cory - Photoshop Product Manager

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jul 01, 2024 Jul 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked my beta version and it was 25.11   M .2675   I'm not sure where to get the long version name.

Today I see creative cloud letting me know there is another 25.11 ready for me to update with.  So really not sure which 25.11 that will be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update results after updating beta version to 25.11 m.2679 which was available today.

Black suit jacket and tie result on first generative fill request.  Offer up all three versions with a black jacket.   Of course, it appears to give each option a Peyton Manning length neck but beggers can't be choosers.

Three cheers for the team working on this!

m2679 test 1 - Copy.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@metallums18 go to Help Menu>System Info.

Mine is 25.11.0 20240619.m.2671

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upated yesterday to Adobe Photoshop Version: 25.9.0 20240516.r.573 The problem now seems to be resolved thank you 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

foo  (4 of 11).jpgfoo  (5 of 11).jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jul 02, 2024 Jul 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks,
Adobe Photoshop (Beta) Version: 25.11.0 20240626.m.2679 509bf35 x64
This beta version appears to be working!

Public version 25.9.1  did not appear to have this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2024 Jul 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was wrong today I am unable to recreate the effect with these commands "Dark black background object on shiny black surface" with new beta cannot again get a dark background 

PXL_20240703_102921123.MP-Edit-2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2024 Jul 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That looks dark and it is a background. (Kidding) Make sure you are on the latest version as it did make a huge different.

Update and try seamless dark black background

kevinstohlmeyer_0-1720021032885.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2024 Jul 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steps:

Load photo

Click Quick Mask

Edit... Fill

Select Color

H: 0
S: 0
B: 20

OK... OK...

Deselect Quick Mask

Generative Fill

Prompt: watercolor

Generate

This produces a strange unusable image (see attachment). This same set of steps produces a nice watercolor image in production version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2024 Jul 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is using Windows 11 Pro and Photoshop Beta 25.11.0 Release

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2024 Jul 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

updated today to Adobe Photoshop Version: 25.12.0 20240710.m.2694 9df0b92 x64

but the problem has got worse , ut will now not generate a dark background even when I use a ref photo

I have included the ref photo and the result PXL_20240711_103942920.jpgfoo  (4 of 11).jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate