• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Generative fill could not be used due to connection

Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2023 May 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't use Generative fill and received notification: generative fill could not be due used to a connection issue. Anyone has problem and how can fix it?

[Your tags were automatically removed, because they are not in this forum. "Desktop-Windows" applied by moderator"

Bug Fixed Locked
TOPICS
Desktop-macOS , Desktop-Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

New Here , Jul 30, 2023 Jul 30, 2023

Launch Windows Defender from the Control Panel. Click Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall. Add Photoshop.exe and Creative Cloud.exe Click back at the top left. Click Advanced settings.

Click on Inbound Rules. Make sure that you allow on both Private and Public for Adobe Photoshop 2024 and Creative Cloud. 

Click on Outbound rules. Look for "Adobe Unlicensed Pop-up". Click on it and then click Disable Rule. 

Then relaunch Photoshop and try the Generative Fill again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , May 29, 2023 May 29, 2023

Hi @Kundan0D45 the solution for this is to simply close Ps and reopen.  This will reset the tie Ps has to the server.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 197 Replies 197
196 Comments
Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2024 Feb 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use ESET internet security and even disable the firewall still get the same results. 

Firewall on windows are "off" message on windows says is using ESET firewall  

Anyway thanks let's see from the good people from Adobe but, yup gonna ask to ESET if I have to change anything on the firewall although is on interactive mode so it allways ask if I let the service connect and if so if I want to creat a rule that allows, witch I say Yes let it  connect allways from now without ask 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 28, 2024 Feb 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Windows, for most users in this thread, the issue is caused by Network Connectivity Status Indicator (NCSI), a Windows component. Photoshop relies on it to detect if there is an internet connection. Unfortunately, there are bugs in NCSI that cause it to falsely report a lack of internet when in fact the internet is available. (macOS has a similar service, which I presume has similar shortcomings.)

Some common "causes" for these bugs to manifest include:

- Usage of a VPN service

- Third party firewall software

- ISP with misconfigured DNS servers

It would be ideal if Photoshop has a fallback check in its code when Windows/macOS API reports lack of internet. Otherwise users will be encountering this issue in perpetuity until Windows/macOS fix their code.

For known workarounds, try the following:

- Disabling VPN/firewall software
- Uninstalling VPN/firewall software

- Switching the DNS server to 1.1.1.1 or 8.8.8.8

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2024 Mar 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this helped me.. i was alowing from defender buto i didnt make the "Click on Outbound rules. Look for "Adobe Unlicensed Pop-up". Click on it and then click Disable Rule. "

After that, everithing worked fine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 11, 2024 Mar 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I am using a MacPro with Sonoma and had only 2-3 times successe about using Generative Fill since weeks. My internet connection is healthy and relatively fine (min. 80 Mbps). At the beginning, whan GF was on beta etc. I didn't have this problem. After it was included in the regular PS update I have used it a few times too. I have tried everything (relaunch PS or changing DNS etc.) proposed here. Nothing works and I have the impression that there is nothing we users can do but Adobe has to solve something. What to do?

Regards

ümit kivanç

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 13, 2024 Mar 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, everyone,

I had one - count 'em, one!- success yesterday with the Generative Fill, it did the job. But it was the first for a long time, and the last for yesterday and today. In the end the score was 1-7 again, I lost. So many users are waiting for a solution and not a single announcement etc. Not fair.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ümit kivanç not sure what solution you are looking for besides the accepted answer to this post?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am sorry ahead if I am misunderstanding something. There is no solution at all. I have tried everything what other people have mentioned here. Relaunch, trying many times with ca. 5 min pause, changing DNS etc... And I use VPN only in exceptional situations, normally not. So, I cannot use Generative Fill because it simply does not work in 90% of the cases. My internet connection does not have any problem which prevents this or that activity. It is a relativ reliable connection with 80-90 Mbps and I am working every day ca. 10 hours and try now and then if I can do something with GF without success. And if you allow me, I want to ask what I have to do except asking and searching for help in a Adobe Forum if my experience and knowledge are not enough to solve this?

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2024 Mar 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ümit kivanç did you check your firewall/Windows Defender settings to confirm Adobe and Photoshop are listed and allowed? What region are you located?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am using a MacPro with Sonoma (14.3.1).

Thanks, regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @ümit kivanç Computer and OS have no bearing on this. It's your router firewall or VPN. What I was asking what what geographic location are you in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2024 Mar 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in Istanbul and not using VPN every day. In 99% of my working time it is disconnected. But can a permanent choice in general setup explain my situation? Because I have used this (GF) before and now and then (in 5-6% of cases) it can work. If you have time please explain me what I can do in Mac because I don't have any Windows Defender. I have searched for anything similar I can arrange in system settings but everything seems o.k. (Actually I don't have any other single problem with the internet connection, firewall etc..)

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2024 Mar 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Good news: In last 10 min. success with using GF 3 times in a row!

(I could not change anything as you know.)

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 27, 2024 Mar 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

Unfortunately. after using GF 4-5 times in a row with success a few days ago now I'm in the same bad situation again. It is impossible to do anything with GF. At the end of every attempt Adobe wants that I check my internet connection which works ordently. F.e. when I update my CC software often. It is not easy to believe that nobody cares...

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2024 Mar 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ümit kivanç the fact that it is intermittent with the "Check your internet" error points to an issue with your network connection. You noted that your internet is 80-90 mbps. That is extremely slow and could be causing issues with a stable connection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Excuse me, you mean that 80-90 Mbps is "extremely slow"?! No, it's not. And I surely know what I can do on/via internet and what I can't. There is some problem here and we cannot do anything to solve this. Adobe has announce the min.-limit for GF, if 80-90 Mbps are slow.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Comparatively and I don't have 1 GB fiber - my internet speed averages at 300 mbps. I'm not speaking for Adobe, but to me 80-90 mbps is what I would consider slow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

If it works, it works. With 80-90 Mbps, very well. And please, reconstruct the case: Why do they need a faster connection? Maybe the upload will be slow, maybe I will become the result of GF later than you, but what could be the real reason that 80-90 Mbps isn't enough? They become something sent, they produce something, they send something back. Am I wrong? And again: Adobe has to announce the real system and connection requirements.

(P.S. Right now I've tried two GF operations in a row with success, each took ca. 25 sec.)

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2024 Apr 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ümit kivanç If its working intermittently and Adobe is not reporting any server-side issues on status.adobe.com (nor are users wide-spread reporting issues) we're back to the stability of your internet connection. What efforts have you taken to confirm stable/consistent connection?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2024 Apr 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, Newest Mac OS extremely stable high speed connection. It's a cheek for the money you pay each month that features regularly don't work and instead of help you're only referred to the internet connection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah for sure: The solution is closing and reopen! 😄 
Ridiculous to suggest this solution to the problem for that amount of money users are paying monthly! 

Generative Filling is not working since the last update and it has nothing to do with users internet connection it is just a bug you should fix

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi everyone,

After days of trying GF without success, suddenly I could work since 3 days without any refusal because of my mysteriose connection and today with a score 4:2 for us -users. Between the beginning of this bug -yes, sure, it is- until now, there is no change in my system or devices or connection or anything else. There is of course something Adobe can and have to do. The internationality (transnationality) of this problem proofs that the source of the problem cannot be the 1000 different connections of 1000 users with 100 different machines and systems.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate