• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Generative fill could not be used due to connection

Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2023 May 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't use Generative fill and received notification: generative fill could not be due used to a connection issue. Anyone has problem and how can fix it?

[Your tags were automatically removed, because they are not in this forum. "Desktop-Windows" applied by moderator"

Bug Fixed Locked
TOPICS
Desktop-macOS , Desktop-Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

New Here , Jul 30, 2023 Jul 30, 2023

Launch Windows Defender from the Control Panel. Click Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall. Add Photoshop.exe and Creative Cloud.exe Click back at the top left. Click Advanced settings.

Click on Inbound Rules. Make sure that you allow on both Private and Public for Adobe Photoshop 2024 and Creative Cloud. 

Click on Outbound rules. Look for "Adobe Unlicensed Pop-up". Click on it and then click Disable Rule. 

Then relaunch Photoshop and try the Generative Fill again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , May 29, 2023 May 29, 2023

Hi @Kundan0D45 the solution for this is to simply close Ps and reopen.  This will reset the tie Ps has to the server.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 197 Replies 197
196 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2023 Sep 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Generative fill does not work

It says that there is a problem with the Internet connection, but there are no such problems. The firewall is disabled, there shouldn't be any problems. Can you tell me how to solve this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have the same problem since yesterday.
indicates connection problems but there is no such problem.
If anyone else has this problem or gets a solution, please share it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a macbook and nothing that has been written here helps. Internet is available, all updates are installed

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2023 Oct 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stas3270783362og_0-1697449617882.png

Hi, I have a problem with AI for more than a week, the internet is stable, can you help me please.
Adobe photoshop beta 25.1.0
Adobe photoshop 25.0.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2023 Oct 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the same problem, no one helps me, I have written more than 3 times and never get an answer, how can this be? Adobe, when will you solve this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Oct 17, 2023 Oct 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Милана321828983h3h I believe I've asked before without a response - where are you located?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Oct 17, 2023 Oct 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it’s a contention issue with the Adobe servers. I’ve had it several times and it’s not my connection or speed - tried it a second later and it’s fine.

Sent from my phone

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2023 Oct 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! Can someone help me? When using Generative Fill, it will prompt with this: "Couldn't generate your prompt due to connection issues. Please check your internet connection and try again". My connection is connected and has a speed of 275mbps. I've uninstalled and reinstalled it a couple of times now and still the same problem. I've searched a lot of articles and videos regarding this but still it didn't do anything. 

396386709_367541212295031_5559241079264056508_n.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2023 Oct 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you have a teams or enterprise or education subscription?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2023 Oct 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, everytime I try generative fill shows the issue connection error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2023 Nov 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm haivng the same issue.  It worked once and now I get thius stuoid prompt each time.  Aggg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2023 Nov 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same question for you, @Jamie-Zoe 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2023 Nov 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I have the same problem. The extension doesn't work with merged images, smart objects or other images. It's been 2 days! What to do with this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2023 Nov 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

test with av and firewalls disabled.  if that works, permit ps to connect with internet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2023 Dec 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanna reply to say that disabling the Rule for "Adobe Unlicensed Pop-up" in the Windows Defender Firewall did it for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2024 Jan 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep Getting the same thing and I had Restarted my computer plus reinstalled photoshop. And I even tried they windows thing to disable it. Thought it would work and it will then the same prompt will come up agin after it let me use it a couple of times. My internet is strong when I check It. I don't know what's going on and if it's not my problem will they send out an update to fix it or is my computer blocking something I don't know. Major help! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2024 Jan 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kiunnal did you check your Windows Defender firewall settings per the accepted answers above?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2024 Jan 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe I did. And it still not working. I even did the refreshed it in the windows defender. Don't see adobe pop up in the windows icon anymore after I refreshed it yesterday too. I don't know what's going to happen today when I use in photoshop. But like I said im still having problems. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 04, 2024 Feb 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

holaaaa...tengo desde hace mas de una semana problemas con internet en ese mensaje y el relleno generativo ...tengo firewall desactivado y NO USO WINDOWS SINO MAC .... he revisado internet , cambiado cables ethernet y llamdo a mi compañia ...todo correcto pero sigue saliendo mensaje y no hay manera funcione relleno generativo ... y tambien he reinstalado photoshop ..... no se que mas hacer ...ayuda porfa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Feb 05, 2024 Feb 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kiunnal @alejandra30106612zaln this specific message is factual - meaning you either have very poor internet speeds or your firewall on your router @alejandra30106612zaln this includes Macs is blocking Adobe Photoshop. Connect to the router and confirm that this is allowed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 05, 2024 Feb 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To echo @kevin stohlmeyer when did this issue start, is it new in the last week/s, what else has changed on your machines/internet? We are not seeing a huge uptick in this issue so it is possible it is a machine/router/internet change outside of Ps.

Do you have the same issue with Ps release, or other Adobe apps?

Thanks,

Cory - Photoshop Product Manager

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2024 Feb 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

llevo tress dias con mi compañia internet y me aseguran que no hay saltos en el wifi y señal correcta ...he entrado a configuracion router y he desactivado firewall pero sigue el problema ... falla relleno genrativo saliendo mensaje de wifi ... sin embargo si me conecto a traves de 5 G falla menos ... alguna idea  mas para  cambiar configuracion router de manera que se pudiera solucionar ??? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2024 Feb 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@alejandra30106612zaln its pretty telling that it fails less frequently with different WiFi settings. That means its not the Adobe software. I would still check Windows Defender and make sure Adobe Photoshop is listed and allowed. Disabling altogether should have worked as well, but there are various factors when it comes to routers and WiFi - speed, signal strength, consistency in connections, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2024 Feb 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The generative fill box is greyed out, even with an active selection, but when I try to use Select Subject or any tool that "connects" to Adobe's servers I get the message that due to connection problems, the selection will be made on device.
I haven't changed my operator for my web / TV services, Router is tha same for 3 years now.

When the version of photoshop came out where the image of Iceland with a house was provided for us to test the generative fill everything worked fine. Now I can't use these functions in both versions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2024 Feb 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Nexus 6 check your router settings - they may not have changed but requirements may have. See the answer above and confirm the settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate