• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Photoshop Beta Generative Fill produces different colors at the edges of the selection.

Explorer ,
Jul 14, 2023 Jul 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When trying to add additional areas to the edges of an image using Generative Fill, it creates mismatched colors at the junction of the new and existing parts. It deviates slightly from the original areas, resulting in a grid-like pattern in those areas where new parts were created using the Generative Fill option, even if I fill them with 1024x1024 pixel sections.

I have already uninstalled the app and reinstalled it, but the issue persists. I am using an iMac Pro running Ventura 13.3.1 system.

Photoshop Beta 24.7.0

Bug Acknowledged
TOPICS
Desktop-macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jul 17, 2023 Jul 17, 2023

Passing on to the team.

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 215 Replies 215
215 Comments
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2023 Oct 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is still a issue and I am running v25 general release (not beta)

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2023 Oct 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue when trying to add width or height, especially with darker illustrations. any fixes to this yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2023 Oct 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also been facing same issue with Generative Expand, same issue on all beta versions at least since 25.0 (Been updating as soon as available). With such result this feature is almost useless. Here is good average example of the result ( Converting from 2:3 to 4:5 for IG. 

AC005287.jpg

AC005287-2.jpgAC005287-3.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2023 Nov 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This legitimately is a huge problem as i was using the fill to help create 5000 pieces of art and now i have to go and hand check every single one for coloring issues. You guys gotta get this fixed. [cursing removed]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2023 Nov 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still a massive issue, if I use generative fill/expand to, for example, increase the height/width of an image, the generated layer is ALWAYS darker with a clearly visible line separating the original part of the image and the generated layer. This never happens when using content aware fill or the healing brush, so it's a problem specific to generative fill and needs to be fixed before it's anywhere near being usable!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well to be fair, if this issue will be sorted out it is pretty deam near being alrrady great not just near useful. The content itself created by AI  is great, just made very visible by poor pattern it uses. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So how is your 24.7 handling Generative Expand? Or was there still such feature? I can't recall

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2023 Nov 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i also have this problem. is there any new fix to this? i tried setting to sRGB. the europe 3 setting as well. nothing seems to work...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2023 Nov 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so sad i updated. it worked perfectly before! any updates adobe? the seams are awful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2023 Nov 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news from the Team? Lates update did not fix this 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2023 Nov 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, in my case I was having the same problem as the original post with luminance difference between the images. I found out that the problem was the mask.

Deleting the mask made it go away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it doesn't. In my case this was an expansive generative fill. I created a curve to make you see what's happening. The only thing that makes it better is to add a noise with the same mask of the expansion and then delete the expansion mask.
Screenshot 2023-11-14 alle 18.43.56.jpgScreenshot 2023-11-14 alle 18.42.49.jpgScreenshot 2023-11-14 alle 18.42.55.jpgScreenshot 2023-11-14 alle 18.43.37.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started having this issue one month ago, and i still have it!@CoryShubert  are you aware if the team is working on this or any news about it? Thanks in advance! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Aldunnie curious if you still see this in the recent Ps main release, Adobe Photoshop Version: 25.1.0 20231016.r.120 ca99df2 arm64?  There is a workaround for Ps beta

"There can still be a slight variance that can be corrected by adjusting the channels that are off slightly with mid-tone levels adjustment clipped to the gen layer."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While using crop tool with generative fill I tried deleting a mask on latest beta. While it seem to improve the seams at first glance, it is not perfectly removing them but the most important no go for this is that removing the mask will make your picture untextured/unsharp when zoomed in! Try to zoom in on some textures on the skin and then delete the mask.

I guess one way would be to edit maks to gradienlty fade the seem but that is far from perfect solution since it is still blurring/ untexturing the fading part of your image

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@nelbrodrigues Forgot to mention you ☝️Here☝️ so check my latest comment. Also I think I can even see it on your image while it being a low res image in the forum. When you look on the knee of the model the image with more visible seem has more details on the knee. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2023 Nov 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are totally right

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 15, 2023 Nov 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@PhotoW1 this is the Ps beta forum so any questions or issues you have should be posted in the correct forum... if you have never used Ps beta your post should be moved over to the Ps release forum and we will be happy to do so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2023 Dec 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry for resurfacting this topic but has anyone found an answer to this issue ? i am have the same problem . i am working on a photo with my subject wearing black and it product 2 diffrent shade of black . . . 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2023 Dec 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't be sorry, we should keep the thread on top untill it gets noticed and fixed.  @CoryShubert any news? Any info? At least any explanation or time-frame? This does not look good, does it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 02, 2023 Dec 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@A.Chmidt.Photography  yes agreed ... it would be nice to know whats the gameplan is for this issue... hopefully somthing is fixed lol . @CoryShubert  any update ? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 04, 2023 Dec 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@CoryShubert  can you provide an update with us? I submitted my issue months ago. Many iterations of the beta and now a final full release this is still an issue. The feature  is pointless if we can't use it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2024 Jan 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still a big issue. Makes the entire feature useless...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2024 Jan 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@CoryShubert .    .    .    ? where are you ? any update on this issue ? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 09, 2024 Jan 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Accra5C82 ,

Are you using generative AI in your workflow?

Votes

Translate

Translate