• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: PS Beta 25.4: Pen tool: Option/Alt shortcut key

Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2023 Dec 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have encountered some difficulties with the pen tool in Photoshop 25.4. Since the latest update, the pen tool does not work as it should. For instance, when I try to remove an anchor point, the convert point tool does not switch on automatically. Also, the eyedropper tool appear when i press ALT button. These problems are affecting my workflow and productivity. I would appreciate any assistance or guidance on how to resolve this error. Thank you for your time and attention.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Desktop-Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 04, 2024 Mar 04, 2024

This issue was fixed. If you still have an issue similar to this please start a new thread and give the team the details.

Thanks,

Cory - Photoshop Product Manager

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 233 Replies 233
233 Comments
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2023 Dec 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pen tool. I'm having the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Dec 27, 2023 Dec 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a knopwn issue and is being looked at.  The Full release version is working OK if you need the Pen tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2023 Dec 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is Dec 28 and the problem still remains unsolved.... how did this even get messed up when there's no related features being added or altered? and there's been updates since the queston first got posted, how does this bug still exists now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2023 Dec 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

During the use of the pen tool, hold down ALT to turn it into a straw tool. Unable to click the anchor to make one end of the handle disappear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 30, 2023 Dec 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A solução que encontrei quando uso a ferramenta de caneta e gostaria de mudar para a ferramenta converter pontos foi colocar essa ferramenta de converter pontos com um atalho "Y" e funcionou. Eu fiz isso na barra de ferramentas de edição.
E para fazer uma cópia de uma ferramenta de elipse, por exemplo, na mesma camada usei a opção tradicional "ctrl c" e "ctrl v" já que a tecla "alt" se torna um conta-gotas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A solução que encontrei quando uso a ferramenta de caneta e gostaria de mudar para a ferramenta converter pontos foi colocar essa ferramenta de converter pontos com um atalho "Y" e funcionou. Eu fiz isso na barra de ferramentas de edição. E para fazer uma cópia de uma ferramenta de elipse, por exemplo, na mesma camada usei a opção tradicional "ctrl c" e "ctrl v" já que a tecla "alt" se torna um conta-gotas.
Lembrando que eu coloquei a tecla "Y" apenas quando estiver trabalhando com a ferramenta caneta de forma provisória, já que utilizo pouco a ferrameta "pincel histórico" com o atalho da tecla "Y". você pode fazer o mesmo com outro atalho que você utiliza menos até que melhorem esta opção do "Alt"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried selecting the "Convert Point tool? Chhose the Convert point tool and click on the Anchor point to change it.

Screen Shot 2023-12-30 at 5.29.23 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 01, 2024 Jan 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I've used the pen tool in versions prior to this one i have been able to break a curve by holding Option (or Alt on Windows) and clicking on an anchor point. Now after updating it seems that this hotkey is changed or entirely gone. I've been on the forums and seen many people encounter the same issue. Please consider fixing and bringing it back as it was, because its hindering the workflow of many users including myself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ivelina Gavazova 

This is a known issue and Adobe is aware.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply, but that's not what I wanted.
As shown in the figure,
1. It is the situation that I want to deal with
2. It is a normal situation to hold down one end of the ALT disappearance handle (Now I can only hold down ALT to drag, which is very troublesome and the effect is poor)
3. Convert Point tool? It will make the curve become a straight line, which is not the result I want.

Snipaste_2024-01-02_09-33-03.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2. It is a normal situation to hold down one end of the Ctrl disappearance handle (Now I can only hold down ALT to drag, which is very troublesome and the effect is poor)

Correct the previous incorrect key positions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sent the wrong location, but someone there has already raised the same question

Snipaste_2024-01-02_09-55-42.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been troubled by the same problem for over a week now. Serious impact on work efficiency, I need to use the old version for cutout switching,I hope it can be resolved。

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. Kindly fix in next update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jan 02, 2024 Jan 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using the pen tool and holding option (mac) for snapping it enables the colour picker instead so you are nable to snap, which kind of renders the pen tool useless. Please fix asap

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to bring to your attention a recent issue I have encountered with the Photoshop beta (version 25.4) after a recent update.

five days ago, I updated to the latest version of the Photoshop beta, and since then, I have been experiencing a problem specifically related to the functionality of the pen tool. Before this update, I could press and hold the 'Alt' key to individually manipulate a handle in the desired direction.

However, after the update to version 25.4, I noticed that when I hold the 'Alt' key while using the pen tool, the software now displays the eyedropper tool instead of the usual icon for dragging handles. This behavior is inconsistent with the previous functionality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The option key is not working to modify the handles on the pen tool. It works if I press the option key as I draw a point, but if I want to go back and adjust the handle, the opton key turns the tool into eyedropper tool. It also will not work to close a path. It just turns into the eyedropper tool. I use the pen tool a lot and because of this bug, I had to stop using this version of Beta. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a known issue with the current beta version, and is making this version unusable IMO.  We can use the full release version while waiting for a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this is a known issue.  We can use the full version while waiting for a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I had a dollar for every thread that has reported this...

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to use the pen tool, and ive suddenly run into this issue that is not allowing me to CONVERT a point after i lay it down. 

I've reset my settings, reinstalled and reset my tools. 

I'm wondering if there is something on my Apple Keyboard that is not allowing for this to happen? 

Using Macbook Pro 2019 Sonoma 14.2.1

Thanks for any help; attaching the tool i cannot get to come up 

Screenshot 2024-01-02 at 3.53.55 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CONTROL^ - NOT "Option" so sorry! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@T23121579aoln Are you using the Beta version of Photoshop (v25.4). There is an issue in that version with the Pen tool and Alt/Opt . If so, please use the release version (v25.3.1) until the issue in the Beta is resolved.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-beta-bugs/p-ps-beta-25-4-pen-tool-option-alt-shortcut-key/i...

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Trevor.Dennis wrote: If I had a dollar...

Trevor, those don't look like US dollar bills. Are they NZ?

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jane, that's the famous dollar mountain from Breaking Bad.

Votes

Translate

Translate