• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: PS Beta 25.4: Pen tool: Option/Alt shortcut key

Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2023 Dec 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have encountered some difficulties with the pen tool in Photoshop 25.4. Since the latest update, the pen tool does not work as it should. For instance, when I try to remove an anchor point, the convert point tool does not switch on automatically. Also, the eyedropper tool appear when i press ALT button. These problems are affecting my workflow and productivity. I would appreciate any assistance or guidance on how to resolve this error. Thank you for your time and attention.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Desktop-Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 04, 2024 Mar 04, 2024

This issue was fixed. If you still have an issue similar to this please start a new thread and give the team the details.

Thanks,

Cory - Photoshop Product Manager

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 233 Replies 233
233 Comments
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2024 Jan 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Sameer K Hi Sameer! Do you happen to have any update on when this bug might get resolved? Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

¡Hola, tengo este mismo problema!, y veo que desde el 18 de diciembre del 2023 aún no lo resuelven, ¿qué posibilidad existe de que esto lo pongan como prioridad? Ya que afecta el flujo de actividades de muchas personas que utilizan esta herramienta en su día a día. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gracias, voy a seguir ese hilo, es exactamente el mismo problema, muchas gracias!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Cawi I merged your post into the Photoshop thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, please fix this! This is a mission-critical tool for me. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fehler beim Zeichenstift-Werkzeug:

Drücke ich beim Erstellen eines Pfades mit dem "Zeichenstift-Werkzeug" (P) nach einem der letzten Updates (aktuell 25.4.0 m.2455) die Alt-Taste auf einem Ankerpunkt, erscheint nun nicht mehr das gewünschte "Punkt-umwandeln-Werkzeug", sondern fälschlicher Weise die Pipette… (I)

Bitte unbedingt zügig korrigieren, dass hier bei gedrückter Alt-Taste wieder das"Punkt-umwandeln-Werkzeug" erscheint. Danke.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2024 Jan 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A version with this bug is not usefull so maybe take it down aand stop the push windows that demand to upgrade you app?... (i installed the older version back, it's imposible to work with the pen tool)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@smith26057894m6uk wrote: A version with this bug is not usefull (sic)

The public beta version is for finding and reporting bugs to the Photoshop team. You can use the released version which does not have this bug.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/photoshop-beta-desktop-app.html

janee_0-1705231789282.png

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi there is a bug in pen tool . it is not taking curve or alt option is not working in pentool to delete points 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem with the pen tool in Photoshop  Since the latest update, the pen tool is not working properly .when I try to remove an anchor point the eyedropper tool appear when i press ALT button.  I would appreciate any assistance or guidance on how to resolve this error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

photoshop beta latest version, 

when i want to delete point using alt button eye dropper pops up and it has no option to delete point after u make curve with pentool 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't need to use the alt key to delete a point. That works fine, by just using the pen tool without any modifiers. Using tha alt key changed the pen tool to the convert tool to change the handles on an anchor. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would appreciate any assistance or guidance on how to resolve this error.

By @jkm5CFA

This is a known issue and Adobe is aware. To resolve the error, use the released version instead of the beta.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jkm5CFA 

This is a known issue and Adobe is aware. For now you can use the released version instead of the beta. The beta is for finding and reporting bugs so (hopefully) they don't make it into the released version.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Porque se complican la vida , no usen la version BETA para los trabajos que implican usar la pluma , usen la version Estable 25.31 que igual tiene IA
lo unico que no tiene es guardar los ultimos 5 filtros recientes en el MENU FILTROS 
yo tengo el mismo problema y solo uso el BETA para ver que va saliendo 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe and Sameer, while you are fixing that pen tool bug, could you also please go ahead and restore the default setting for proportional scaling requiring the SHIFT key. You know... like how it was since the beginning of time and the way it is in every single app in existence within and without the Adobe library. That'd be super if you can do that too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And after a month its still not fixed.. Hope it gets fixed soon because its annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not understanding people's angst over this issue.  This is  prerelease software used to test new features and reveal issues with the recoding.  You still have the full release version — the one you actually pay for — that does not have the Pen tool Alt/Opt modifier issue, so just use that.  OK it's annoying having to switch versions when you want to use Parametric Filters, but if you are using a Mac, I believe you can have both versions running at the same time.  If not, well my admitedly OTT workstation only takes a few seconds (I just tested and it takes 5 seconds) to switch versions.  So where's the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent points, Trevor!

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2024 Jan 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue on new version PS Beta 25.5.0 (anyway now i am using PS 2024 25.3.1 working very well)
Screenshot (76).pngScreenshot (77).pngScreenshot (75).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently using Photoshop Beta version 25.5.0, but I am experiencing the same issue with the Pen tool. Whenever I press Option + Mouse Left Click, it automatically switches to the Eyedropper tool, which prevents me from completing the path. I have used Beta versions before, and this issue never occurred. My operating system is Sonoma 14.2.1.

I also have the PS 23.5.5 version and haven't experienced this problem there. It works perfectly fine. Although I would prefer to use the Beta version, I cannot use it because of this problem. 

Is there any official statement from Adobe regarding when this problem will be fixed? It's a significant issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS Beta 25.5.0 still the same problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here and the update 25.5 dont fix this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2024 Jan 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still doesn't fix pen tool issue. How to fix ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2024 Jan 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After making a curve through pen tool when i press alt to remove the next curve and make a straight line it switches to eyedropper tool in photoshop beta 

Votes

Translate

Translate