• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adjustments Panel Blank

Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2023 Jun 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this happen earlier today, and fixed it by resetting Preferences, but I see it has happened again.

image.png

I just tried checking Decativate Native Canvas and restarting, but I still have a blank panel, so it looks like 'another' Preference reset, and it does rather annoy me when I have to reset Preferences. 

Yep.  The reset got me my icons back...   for now. 😞

A thought about the changes to the Adjustment panel.  I'd be happy to put up with the list view if we were able to rearrange the icon order.   I use the same four or five Adjustment layers 95% of the time, so if I could group them together at the top of the list, I'd be happy.

TOPICS
Desktop-Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2023 Jun 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem,

I (think) that the graphics card has a role in the matter, given the solution that I found

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try turning off the "use graphics processor" option, and turning it on only when needed

When u turn it off, you'll need to restart Photoshop, and when u turn it on, u won't

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2023 Jul 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that fixed it for me. I would not have solved this if not for someone posting the solution. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, a couple things to try:

Go to Preferences > Technology Previews... and enable “Older GPU mode (pre 2016)” - Restart Photoshop. Does the problem persist?

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html#multiple-gpus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@CoryShubert

Cory, in my case this was with a fairly new system with i9-13900K and RTX4080 and Windows 11.  The same issue did repeat itself later that day, but I can't remember if I fixed it with Native Canvas or what.  Since then I had a serious issue with both versions of Photoshop locking up and refusing to shut down.  I had to uninstall Creative Cloud and all Adobe apps, and things seem to be working now, and I can turn off Preset Syncing and still shut down with no delay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 24, 2023 Jul 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, a couple things to try:

Go to Preferences > Technology Previews... and enable “Older GPU mode (pre 2016)” - Restart Photoshop. Does the problem persist?

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html#multiple-gpus

By @CoryShubert

Cory, sorry, I didn't test the older GPU setting.

OK, first restart I had icons.  The next four I had no icons. 

I also tried with Older GPU, and Deactivate Native Canvas, and did four restarts non with icons.

I did a couple of restarts with GPU acceleration turned off completely, and was relieved to find that made no difference — I would hate to be without that functionality.

Looking back through this thread, I am thinking that my issue was much more intermittant with the previous beta build.  I was going no icons one start in five.  With the current beta build it is more like no icons nine starts out of ten.   I am a lot better off than the poor buggers with no Toolbar icons.  I can live with my problem, but will be happy when it's fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2023 Aug 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just had this happen today for the first time. I'm running Windows 10 on an i5-12600k and Radeon 6900 XT video card. Turning on the "Older GPU Mode" did not fix it, nor did resarting the program. When I restarted my computer though it went back to normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines