Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adjustments Panel with Presets is Now Available in Beta

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 17, 2023 Mar 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Beta community,

We just released adjustments presets in the adjustments panel that we hope can help you edit your images faster and easier. The presets were created by Katrin Eismann, a photographer, educator, and the creator of the Lightroom Academy. 

Screen Shot 2023-03-16 at 1.58.14 PM.png

In order to view the presets, simply open up your adjustments panel, and you will see them near the top of the panel. You will be able to hover over the presets to preview the effects applied to your image on your canvas. 

How to access the adjustments panel:

The adjustments panel can be found in the default Essentials workspace, Motion workspace, and Photography workspace If you have the adjustments panel closed, you can re-open it by going to Window > Adjustments.

We would really appreciate it if you can leave comments below on:

• The performance of the hover to preview on canvas function
  • How often do you think you will use these presets?
  • How helpful is it to your workflow?
  • Would you want to create your own presets to be shown on your own panel?

You can also leave a rating or your comments on the Beta Feedback Panel. 

Thank you, and I look forward to hearing from you all!

- Fiona (Ps Product Manager)

TOPICS
Desktop-macOS , Desktop-Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2023 Apr 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the adjustment presets could be very useful if we could add our own. The hover to preview function works decently. Not super fast, but not super slow either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2023 Apr 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like the option of having the adjustments as a list, but an option to turn off the presets would be good + option to create own presets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2023 Apr 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also the list of adjustments should match the order of the adjustments when you click on them from the layers panel. Also adding ability to hide some adjustments or re-order them would be good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 05, 2023 Jun 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this panel has been updated in the love version of PS but it's a huge step backwards. I can see what the goals were with it but it's awful. And the presets should live elsewhere, in their own panel. I don't want them, and if I choose to use them I'd want them to exist in a way that doesn't disrupt the workflow / muscle memory I have developed for years. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As many have pointed out on the community boards, the adjustment panel with presets is a very poorly thought-out change. It seems to reflect an idea that everyone wants more automatic adjustments. This may be helpful to some in LR but most of us turn to PS for more specific, controlled editing. So at the very least, the presets should be able to be disabled. As they are now, they take up valuable space in the panel,  and require the adjustments to be displayed either as a list (using up even more space) or as tiny little icons. Moreover, the presets themselves are useless for serious editing, verging on silly in many instances. Please let us disable this feature and not force it on us. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The collapsed view takes up more screen space than the old panel yet the icons are smaller and blurred compared to the older panel which were sharp and easy to read. The new ones look like a blurred jpeg copy.

You may want to take a look at the feedback in the community forum following the feature's introduduction in v24.5 :

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-ideas/how-to-switch-back-to-legacy-adjustments-pa...

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2023 Jun 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A real step backwards. Please give users the ability to turn of / not display the Adjustment Preset part of this panel. It takes up precious panel real estate, when not being used in a professional environment.

See this post for other users thoughts and comments regarding this panel. - https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-ideas/how-to-switch-back-to-legacy-adjustments-pa...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2023 Jun 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>We would really appreciate it if you can leave comments below on:
>The performance of the hover to preview on canvas function
It performs as intended but it's not a preview I want, much like Blend Mode preview which I also disable
>How often do you think you will use these presets?
Never
>How helpful is it to your workflow?
It is actively impeding my workflow because it makes the actual adjustments less accessible. I don't want to see a list of presets before the actual adjustments (even if that list is collapsible, it gets in the way), I don't want the adjustment icons to be smaller or to be presented as a list.
>Would you want to create your own presets to be shown on your own panel?
No.
Please just bring back the old panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2023 Jul 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But other than that, it sounds like you quite like it? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 08, 2024 Feb 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please just bring back the old panel.

You *can* turn on the old panel. Click on menu button at the top right of the panel, and select "Classic View"

Screenshot 2024-02-08 at 4.45.34 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2024 Mar 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's great news! Adjustments presets can indeed enhance the editing experience, providing users with efficient tools for refining their images. Katrin Eismann's expertise adds valuable insights to these presets. If you have any specific questions or if there's anything specific you'd like to know or discuss about the adjustments presets, feel free to let me know!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2024 Mar 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Colin Smith put up a video on the new tool earlier today.  (yesterday)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2024 Mar 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In general, I like this new PS capability and I am glad, that you can now export and import adjustment presets. However, these presets are so simplistic, that I can hardly find any reasonable use case.

Please, please, please, I have one requirement. If this requirement gets implemented, I would love to use them.

Right now, adjustments in preset do not come with a layer style. When you create adjustments with layer styles and store them in a preset, they are removed automatically. I need adjustment presets to also be ableo to store layer styles. Please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 07, 2024 Mar 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't work with Adjustment Layers with Clipping Masks.

Saves the Adjustment Layers, but turns off the Clipping Mask.

image on right with Adjustment Layers including Clipping Mask

Bleach Bypass_Linear Burn

cm1.jpg

image on left after using the saved Adjustment preset doesn't include the Clipping Mask

Bleach Bypass_Linear Burn

cm2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 07, 2024 Mar 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yes, we need both: layer styles and clipping masks. And re-sorting own adjustment presets because right now, this is not possible as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines