• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Eye dropper error: Could not use the eye dropper tool because of a program error

New Here ,
Dec 22, 2023 Dec 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Does anyone know how to fix this error? I can't pick colors from with the eye dropper. I have the most recent versión of Photoshop Beta: 25.4.0

I tried reseting preferences, erase them, hidding layers, etc.

Here is a capture of the problem:

Captura de pantalla 2023-12-22 a la(s) 11.12.56 a.m..png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 140 Replies 140
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@geekformante Check to see if Photoshop has Screen Recording Access in Mac System Settings/Privacy and Security

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2024 Feb 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no, it doesn't work, with all the permission PS eyedropper get the color (i see on screen) but the error message immediately pops up, and the color switch back to the original

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2024 Feb 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did that too, Kevin. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2024 Jan 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running into this same issue! Installed an earlier beta as a temporary fix.

MacOS 14.2

PS(Beta) 25.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't get the eye dropper tool to work from the properties panel. It throws the error "Could not use the eye dropper tool because of a program error". Super annoying. It will work sometimes from the tools menu, sometimes not. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running into this same issue! Installed an earlier beta as a temporary fix.

MacOS 14.2

PS(Beta) 25.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2024 Jan 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated Photoshop Beta to v25.4.

and I encouter a problem of Unable to use Eyedropper in shape tool occasionally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 13, 2024 Mar 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The solution seems to be updating to the latest version, v25.5.1. Updating to this version resolves the eyedropper tool issue for most users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2024 Mar 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has also been working for me since updating a couple days ago. Hope it works for everyone else. Thanks Adobe for fixing this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2024 Jan 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also encountering the same issue. Just updated to the very latest today and still having the same issue.

MAC OSX Ventura 13.5

Photoshop Beta 25.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2024 Jan 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same hereScreenshot 2024-01-15 at 11.53.10.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2024 Jan 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated Beta yesterday, same issue, cannot use eyedropper tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2024 Jan 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Eyedropper too is not working for some reason, It says there's a problem with it whenever I try to use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2024 Jan 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep getting this error every time I try to use the Eye Dropper tool.

"Could not use the eye dropper tool because of a program error."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2024 Jan 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running into the same issue. Hopefully this is fixed in the next update. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2024 Jan 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been getting this error for the last month in both normal Photoshop and Beta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe in their wisdom decided to release version 25.4 to the public without fixing this bug 🤔

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/photoshop-25-4-0-color-picker-quot-could-not...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A month after, and I have same problem.  Can we directly report this to Adobe ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 07, 2024 Feb 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe doesnt care enough about us to provide a way to report bugs. The best you can hope for is that enough people complain about it here to get them off thier butts to fix things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 07, 2024 Feb 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are on it. They fixed it in the beta this week so there is a good chance the normal Photoshop will be fixed on next update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2024 Feb 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that. Still waiting though... 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2024 Jan 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem.
PS 25.4 and Windows 10 latest update. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2024 Jan 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem

amalyusup_0-1706335954860.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines