• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Generative Fill produces blurry results

Explorer ,
May 31, 2023 May 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, I'm trying out the new generative fill feature that uses artificial intelligence, and it's truly impressive! However, I'm currently experiencing an issue, and I'm not sure if it requires specific settings or if it's a problem that still needs to be resolved since it's in beta. The problem I'm facing is that when I generate an AI-assisted edit, the resulting image is blurry and unusable. I'm attaching an example here. In this case, I enlarged the original image and had the AI reconstruct parts of the background that didn't exist. If you zoom in, you'll notice the clear difference between the original photo and the reconstructed part. Am I doing something wrong with the settings? Please let me know. Thank you.

I am using a Macbook Pro M1 Max

Mac Os 13.3.1 (a) (22E772610a)

TOPICS
Desktop-macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , May 31, 2023 May 31, 2023

AI is limited to resolution of 1024x1024, Meaning it will not generate clear results if your image is bigger than that (There is a workaround thought)

Please see this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGJ0KjT4Xds

This will fix your issue most likely 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 12, 2024 Jun 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Admittedly some presentations I have seen do not do the limitations of the Generative Fill feature full justice. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2024 Jun 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

of course its cumbersome and not a valid workflow especially when you need to edit hundreds of pictures.

What kind of editing do those hundreds of images need that cannot be achieved with other, so-to-speak »classical« methods? 

Who created the images? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i work on photo sourced textures and i need to fix bad photos, remove people and unwanted objects, make the image tile, etc.

so far the results are a mixed bag and i might move onto a more "classical" program without ai and without 12 euros a month

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't help thinking about how this will be tended to if and when the element gets a general delivery; the transmission of the information for pictures bigger than 1024px x 1024px to and from the Adobe servers appears to be a conceivably enduring bottleneck …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't help thinking about how this will be tended to if and when the element gets a general delivery; the transmission of the information for pictures bigger than 1024px x 1024px to and from the Adobe servers appears to be a conceivably enduring bottleneck …

Is this a rewrite of a previous post of mine on this thread? 

Screenshot 2024-06-12 at 12.59.20.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2024 Jul 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ha, that is funny. I mean it's not a high crime of plagerism of fiction writing, its more an agreement with your viewpoint and brought up again in a different conversation. It does feel a bit like an attempt to be perceived clever based on the writings of another. Speaking of AI, we all now wrestle with the thoughts that maybe your original thought was helped or entirely created by AI. Not saying it is, I would wager it's not but everything has to be questioned now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 09, 2024 Jul 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Some of the recent posts seem like possible AI-generations.

But I am not sure who would »slop« Fora such as this one and to what end exactly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2024 Jun 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My image is 1080 x 1080 and i am only trying to use Generative fill for a portion of my image and it is still producing a lower res fill than the rest of my image. What am i doing wrong here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 18, 2024 Jun 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post screenshots taken at View > 100% with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Options Bar, …) visible? 

Ultimately the feature may just not live up to your expectations … 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2024 Jun 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are not doing anything wrong its just that the AI results are made in low res and not fit for purpose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2024 Jun 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 1024px x 1024px-maximum Generative Fill produces should (pretty much) suffice for a section of 1080px x 1080px. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines