• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: No AI feature with new update

Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated to the new beta version for PS, 24.6.0. (with AI)
I got the new UI but it lacks the AI portion (or option) in the menu bar, or anywhere else.
Is there a minimum hardware requirement that I need? I might have missed the minimum requirements.
I am running Apple iMac Monterey 12.6.6. (Late 2015 build).
I am providing a screen shot of the UI I have available to me at this moment.
Thanks for any help you could provide.

IMG_6403.JPG

 

TOPICS
Desktop-macOS , Desktop-Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

UPDATE: Hi everyone. For those of you having issues finding the new Generative Fill feature, make sure you have the latest beta version, Adobe Photoshop Version: 25.0.0 20230801.m.2265 3a00623 x64

Please see this thread for any other clarrification:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-beta-discussions/upgrade-your-copy-of-photoshop-beta-to-version-25-or-higher/td-p/13986957

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 443 Replies 443
New Here ,
May 26, 2023 May 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have uninstalled PS, then went to re-download, but only 24.5 is available under my subscription ... where is 24.6?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2023 May 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys! I cracked the code!

If your generative fill button is greyed out, the thing that is missing is.. our birth date! Adobe states that we must be over 18 to use the generative feature. So, for some of you that do not have the information displayed, do it through your account settings, on Behance! For me, that was it!

I hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes this work, DOB in Behance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2023 May 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

where exactly did you find this settings? Please attach screenshot if possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to beta app in creative cloud account, there you will find photoshop beta 24.6 install

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the beta version of photoshop, 24.6 where there should be the new ai tech, but i dont have the ai part. i have the toolbar when selecting something but not generative fill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to uninstall the old photoshop app, and open the Photoshop Beta 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I FOUND THE ANSWER MYSELF AFTER TWO DAYS!! If you're BETA is not updating to 24.5, if you're like me...my VPN was causing the problem. For some reason it blocked only that update. So if you're usiung a VPN...turn it off and then hit the update in Creative Cloud again. Worked for me right away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry for all the grammatical errors. I was typing to excitedly. hahaha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i installed a new beta of photoshop but the generation fill tool bottom doesnot work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed the instructions for downloading the beta version for the Generative Fill feature, but after making a selection in Photoshop, the toolbar doesn't appear, nor is it accessable via the menus or right-clicking.  I am using a PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is the Generative Fill button not available?
If you find that Generative Fill is greyed out for you, it is possible that you may not have a valid Date of Birth associated with your Adobe ID account. To update your Date of Birth, you can do any of the following:
• Log into your Adobe account and enter your Date of Birth. To learn more, see Error: "Not eligible to use Creative Cloud services".
Once your Date of Birth is up to date, relaunch the Photoshop (beta) app to enable Generative Fill.
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/generative-fill.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. I do have contexual menu bar but no generative fill tab.

The reply bellow says to 

check and update the DOB.

I dont have a date of birth in my adobe account, there is no option to provide DOB in Adobe account. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Pri233524441hdk did you go through Behance to add?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried but couldn't find DOB under my profile or option to add.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. This is starting to soound like more BS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this. Close photoshop. Then go to creative cloud app. Then open
Photoshop Beta. It will open Photoshop. Then open a photo and make a
selection. Generative fill tab will show up.
Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, testing adobe ps beta for generative AI, I don't see any Generatrive? where is this, I can only see "select subject" and "remove background" when I use the marqie tool to select an area nothing changes, can't see and "generative" icon anywhere????

Lloyd Stevens

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captura de tela 2023-05-26 092820.png

Quando acesso a ferramenta generativa, aparece essa mensagem. Não localizei onde atualizar a idade,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @WS730083975d7f3 

Why is the Generative Fill button not available?
If you find that Generative Fill is greyed out for you, it is possible that you may not have a valid Date of Birth associated with your Adobe ID account. To update your Date of Birth, you can do any of the following:
• Log into your Adobe account and enter your Date of Birth. To learn more, see Error: "Not eligible to use Creative Cloud services".
Once your Date of Birth is up to date, relaunch the Photoshop (beta) app to enable Generative Fill.
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/generative-fill.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Kevin, there is no way I can update or type my DOB neither in Behance (log out and then log in) or in my Adobe account. I could not find where or how to update my DOB. Any suggestion?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curious @BillyLobo if you have a Behance account setup, is it being used, i.e. do you have loads of images on it and use it for any marketing/work?  If not, try deleting the Behance account, then create a new one and add your DOB, restart Ps beta and now does Generative Fill work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying we need a Behance account to run Adobe software? Also, there's no option on the Behance pages (I've now deleted mine because I have never used it) to add or change a DOB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest update available is 24.5. Why is this happening and how do i fix it. There's a lot of people with the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines