• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photo Restoration Neural Filter now available in Photoshop Beta!

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Beta Community!

We are excited to share that Photo Restoration is now available in the Photoshop Beta. Photo Restoration is a new Neural Filter that uses an AI trained model to help restore old or damaged photographs. Using the Photo Restoration filter, users can restore the quality of their images using the basic editing options or choose to further refine using our advanced options (adjustments). Once complete, there is always an option to export the image to the main Photoshop workspace for further refinement.

Main Editing Features:

• Photo enhancement - Improve color, contrast, and details
  • Enhance faces - Improve the detail on face specifically
  • Scratch reduction - Restore areas of the photo that have been scratched or damaged (off by default)

Advanced Editing Features (Adjustments):

• Noise reduction
  • Color noise reduction
  • Halftone artifact reduction
  • JPEG artifacts reduction

To access the filter, go to File > Neural Filters > Photo Restoration and switch the toggle to “on”. This will initiate the filter download and activate it for use.

NoelleShamroukh_1-1655761213236.png

Noelle5D22_1-1655760848508.png

Please share any thoughts and comments here on our community thread, or in-app through our Beta feedback panel (accessed via the flask icon in the upper righthand corner of the application). We look forward to hearing your feedback and seeing what you create!

TOPICS
Desktop-macOS , Desktop-Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 161 Replies 161
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2022 Jun 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest beta but it is not in the list 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @joew15169611

You may need to update your version of Photoshop beta. Check the Creative Cloud desktop and see if an update is available for you in the Updates tab.

You should then be able to download and test out Photo Restoration from there.

PeteGreen_0-1656348165174.png

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated Photoshop on my computer and restarted just in case. The Photo Restoration neural filter is not an option... Anywhere. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem; you need to open the beta Photoshop - not the normal one. You can open it from the Creative Cloud app, under the Beta apps menu. It should have a different loading graphic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @joew15169611, could you share your system info/ full beta version info please?

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have beta version 23.4 - Funny thing is on my desktop I don't have Photo Restoration but same version on my laptop Does have it in the list

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is strange, have you done a clean install of Ps beta to see if that fixes it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The photoshop 23.5 update came out today and it doesn't have Restoration Neural Filter, for when not in beta?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have Photoshop 23.5 and do not have the Restoration NF.  My beta neural filters are: Harmonization, Landscape Mixer, Depth Blur, and Color Transfer.  No Photo Restoration.  Any ideas?

2022-08-22 10_33_01-3b1f1853-46a0-428c-812d-b2488a0ed9cd.png @ 33.3% (Layer 0, RGB_8#) _.png

2022-08-22 10_33_46-.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The NF for Photo Restoration is still in beta, and thus not in 23.5 that was just released last week.

Make sure to cast your vote for its release readiness in Photoshop (beta) using the Beta Feedback Panel (Window > Beta Feedback)

Regards,

PG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Pete!  I'll cast my vote.

cheers,

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, I downloaded it lastnight Aug 31, 2022, the photo restoration is still not there.

TewRogers_0-1662061774384.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem; you need to open the beta Photoshop - not the normal one. You can open it from the Creative Cloud app, under the Beta apps menu. It will have a different loading graphic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the most recent version of PS. There is no Photo Restoration option in the neural filters section. I've watched numerous online videos about it for months but can't seem to find a way to get it. Is this feature available or not? Do you need to be a Beta tester to get it? Someone in Adobe community must know the answer. None of the postings here are helpful. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @RayRainka

As @Cristian24577583ktoz, mentions below, it is available in the Photoshop (Beta) that should be a Neural Filter that is available for you in the Beta apps tab of the Creative Cloud desktop app.

No special sign up or anything, just download and install that version and you'll be good to go!

Let us know if you have any trouble.

Regards,

PG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2022 Aug 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 23.5.0 relese of Photoshop. I’m unable to use photo restoration in photoshop thus I installed Photoshop (beta) to use photo restorationfrom creative cloud. I downloaded all filters of neural but when I use photo restoration in neural either photoshop freeze for long and restart computer automatically or it gives message we've temporarily disabled this filter because of an error. Please suggest what to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The success of the filter seems somewhat image dependant. Can you provide a sample image the filter is failing on @Sanjeet25853168tm3z ?

You might try with another image and see if you have better success as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, thanks for the filter. I cannot wait to fix my old photos!

Second, I had the same issue. I could not see the option to download the beta. In my case, I opened adobe creative cloud ->Help -> Check for updates. After it was checked, the photoshop beta appeared in the beta apps tab. Hope it helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried it! Scratch reduction in lowest setting does almost nothing to scratches but blurs photo a lot. Higher values does better job to scratches but photo is so soft and filled with artifacts that it is unusable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the feedback @Valokammi!

Will make sure the team sees your feedback.

One thing to think about is combining the edits from the Neural Filter with the original layer, or multiple passes by the filter on this layer together to get just the right end result you're after.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

PG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2023 Apr 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue with scanned negatives

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Impressive! seeing the result with just one click, it seems that I reconstruct the face, with new eyes, and also the definition that you put in the hair, very, very good. I hope it will soon move from beta to the final version of Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the beta version today (23-Aug-2022 - 23.5.0 release) and although it has the photo restoration filter, it does not have the enhance face check box.  Was it removed?  Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was there face(s) in the photo? I tried to landscape photo with no faces and there wasn`t enhance face checkbox or slider for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines