Exit

Photoshop beta 24.7 M1 Silicon

Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2023 Jun 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I am using an Macbook Pro 14 M1 laptop

After updating to beta 24.7. The remove tool no longer works in rosetta mode and as soon as I remove rosetta option my plugins also disappeared. So now I can't  use my plugin in conjuction with the remove tool.

Been looking for answer on how to use both with reosetta with no luck.

I ended up uninstalling 24.7 and reinstalling 24.6 and now the remove tool is working with rosetta again and my plugins also working. 

Will there be an update in the next version so that the remove tool continues to work with rosetta so that I can use it with my plugins.

Regards

TOPICS
Desktop-macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 20, 2023 Sep 20, 2023

@Debra Boucher, from the team.

"If the system is running Rosetta on ARM-based Macs, we will disallow customers from using the Remove tool and pop up an alert saying "Can’t use the tool because your system is running Rosetta."

So we are afraid the remove tool is not planned to work with Rosetta.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @SeanBPics your issue sounds different than the thread you posted on so we moved it here to dig in to see what is up.

It may help if we could see your Photoshop System Info. Launch Photoshop, and select Help >System Info...and copy/paste the text in a reply.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2023 Jul 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI @CoryShubert I have updated to version 25 and the problem still the same with the rosetta issue.

Seems like I must go back to 24.6 again until the issue has been resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the report @SeanBPics !

I've been able to reproduce this and have logged a bug for the team to investigate what's going on here. 

Here's the error when attempting to use the Remove tool with Rosetta:

PeteGreen_0-1688069996236.png

Regards

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2023 Jul 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI @Pete.Green  I have updated to version 25 and the problem still the same with the rosetta issue.

Seems like I must go back to 24.6 again until the issue has been resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2023 Jul 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem on my M1; how do I downgrade to the 24.6 beta version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 13, 2023 Jul 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Tough_Gadfly it is not possible to downgrade the Ps beta as it is in Ps release version. The beta is meant to help the team work on updates and features that are not yet available in the release version, and as multiple updates to the beta happen it is important to only have feedback and data from the most recent build.

You can always use Ps release if you find the beta not working as you would like.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 13, 2023 Jul 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here - and waiting for the fix. Back to 24.6. But now I have to live with a brown sign, that says I should upgrade. Annoying:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2023 Jul 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am having the same issue.  Petes reply was back on Jun 29, it is now July 28, any updates on this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 03, 2023 Aug 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Waiting too. August 3........

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 06, 2023 Aug 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have updated to Beta 25 and still have problems....

If I open the Rosetta version everything works EXCEPT the remove tool is not working at all. I can select it but it doesn't work.

If I open the Native version (M1) then the remove tool works but a lot of my plug-in have gone away and they don't show up. I am quite sure that some doesn't show up becase they don't work in M1 mode but others should show up.....so what to do? Are you going to fix the Rosetta bug - which I think it must be or any suggestions how to get my plug ins back.....and yes I have installed them again.

Any suggestions and thanks for helping out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 07, 2023 Aug 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @gs-dk 

Try resetting Prefs for the Beta:

/Users/yourname/Library/Preferences/ Photoshop Beta Settings (Mac Ventura)

/Users/yourname/Library/Preferences/Adobe\ Photoshop\ \(Beta\)\ Settings (Mac)
C:\Users\user name\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop (Beta)\Adobe Photoshop (Beta) Settings )Win)

Launch BETA Photoshop While Pressing The Keyboard Shortcut

With Photoshop closed, press and hold Shift+Ctrl+Alt (Win) / Shift+Command+Option (Mac) on your keyboard and then Launch Photoshop the way you normally would.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually  

It may help if we could see your Photoshop System Info. Launch Photoshop, and select Help >System Info...and copy/paste the text in a reply.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2023 Aug 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cory

I tried resetting the prefs but no luck. Here is my system info.....

My issue - Rosetta Mode = removetools doesn't work. Native Mode = loosing lots of plug ins. Maybe the issue is the non completely working Rosetta mode?

Thanks in advance 

Greetings

Gert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 09, 2023 Aug 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have decided to stay at the Rosetta version for now and hopefully they will make a fix so the remove tool can be used as it used to. Otherwise I have to use the remove tool in native and then return to rosetta afterwards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2023 Aug 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reported this issue with version 24.7 already and thought 25 would solve my issuess. I am stuck on 24.6 Since June

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-beta-discussions/photoshop-beta-24-7-m1-silicon/m-p/1398389...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2023 Aug 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been following this thread because I just upgraded to a macbook pro with M2, and have had many issues trying to use the remove tool and a few other newer features in PS, only to get the "running Rosetta" message. Same when I updated to 24.7.  I was going to disable Rosetta, but tried the PS beta version 25.0. Surprise! Everything works in beta...so far. Are there any issues associated with using/saving PS beta versions when opening/using in PS 24.7 that I should know about?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2023 Aug 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: PS tools and features work in beta 25.0, plug-ins do not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 28, 2023 Aug 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news on this issue.....it's been quite a while now.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 30, 2023 Aug 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, from the team:

"If the system is running Rosetta on ARM-based Macs, we will disallow users from using the Remove tool and pop up an alert saying "Can’t use the tool because your system is running Rosetta."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right, that is the message I get but I would like to know WHEN MAC users will be able to use the remove tool.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Debra Boucher the Remove Tool is available in Ps release, are you saying you are NOT able to use it there?

Screen Shot 2023-08-30 at 11.57.00 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@CoryShubertSo does that mean in the near future all clients using m1 m2 arm based chipsets will not be able to use plugings and remote tool together in the coming updates accept for version 24.6 which is currently working fine with no issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!   I uninstalled and reinstalledmy all my adobe products and then I upgraded my MAC to the latest OS version, 13.5.1.  As of right now I DO have the remove tool which has made me happy, however, I do not have all my plug ins.  The plug ins only show in the non-beta version of Photoshop.   Why is it I can see all my plugins in the non-beta version of Photoshop?  I will see if I can try a few things to see if I can get them to show up.  Thank You

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear you have the Remove Tool in Ps release... for your plugins:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/plug-ins-photoshop-troubleshooting.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to use the REMOVE tool because PS Beta was NOT opened in Rosetta.  OK so  going back to someone's previous comment (sorry forgot who).   Will MAC M1 users ever be able to use Photoshop Beta WITH Rosetta?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines