Exit

Photoshop beta 24.7 M1 Silicon

Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2023 Jun 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I am using an Macbook Pro 14 M1 laptop

After updating to beta 24.7. The remove tool no longer works in rosetta mode and as soon as I remove rosetta option my plugins also disappeared. So now I can't  use my plugin in conjuction with the remove tool.

Been looking for answer on how to use both with reosetta with no luck.

I ended up uninstalling 24.7 and reinstalling 24.6 and now the remove tool is working with rosetta again and my plugins also working. 

Will there be an update in the next version so that the remove tool continues to work with rosetta so that I can use it with my plugins.

Regards

TOPICS
Desktop-macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 20, 2023 Sep 20, 2023

@Debra Boucher, from the team.

"If the system is running Rosetta on ARM-based Macs, we will disallow customers from using the Remove tool and pop up an alert saying "Can’t use the tool because your system is running Rosetta."

So we are afraid the remove tool is not planned to work with Rosetta.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 20, 2023 Sep 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Debra Boucher, from the team.

"If the system is running Rosetta on ARM-based Macs, we will disallow customers from using the Remove tool and pop up an alert saying "Can’t use the tool because your system is running Rosetta."

So we are afraid the remove tool is not planned to work with Rosetta.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2023 Sep 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this very same frustrating issue. You keep responding "So we are afraid the remove tool is not planned to work with Rosetta." Why is that? It seems as time goes on and new Apple silicon systems are purchased this will be an escalating problem. I am so disappointed in Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2023 Oct 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand - "The remove tool is not planned to work with Rosetta" How is this an answer? Is it not part of Adobes plan to solve the issue? Are we not supposed to be able to use the remove tool when on a Mac? Adobe should be focused on finding a solution. I have the same problem - I have an M2 running PS 25.0.0 (not beta) an the remove tool is not available to me. It is now October 16. The months are ticking by...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2024 Apr 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@CoryShubert Has there been any update or progress with regards to the Rosetta mode issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2024 May 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is outrageous! I have to make a school project on Ps and the remove tool is essential for me! Why not fix the problem instead of ignoring it. The remove tool is the most important part of Ps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2024 May 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is outrageous.  What the heck is their logic on this?  This is just not right AT ALL that MAC users have to suffer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines