• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Beta - Could not save because of disk error (-1)

Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2023 Oct 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

Is there anyone who have this problem like mine? Sometimes it stopped me to save (save a copy) to .jpg, it says "Could not save bcause of disk error (-1)". I notice it happen a lot more with the new version of Beta (25.2.0).

It's quite annoying because some of my work took hour and then I can't say it in any format (jpg, psd...or even make a online sharing.

Thanks for your time, any support is appreciated!

Screen Shot 2023-10-14 at 11.16.09.png

 

TOPICS
Desktop-macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 17, 2023 Oct 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Justin3020633906eq does this happen in Ps release version as well? Does it also happen on all files or just some?

Try resetting Prefs for the Beta:

/Users/yourname/Library/Preferences/ Photoshop Beta Settings (Mac Ventura)

/Users/yourname/Library/Preferences/Adobe\ Photoshop\ \(Beta\)\ Settings (Mac)
C:\Users\user name\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop (Beta)\Adobe Photoshop (Beta) Settings )Win)

Launch BETA Photoshop While Pressing The Keyboard Shortcut

With Photoshop closed, press and hold Shift+Ctrl+Alt (Win) / Shift+Command+Option (Mac) on your keyboard and then Launch Photoshop the way you normally would.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually  

It may help if we could see your Photoshop System Info. Launch Photoshop, and select Help >System Info...and copy/paste the text in a reply.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2023 Nov 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Myself and a colleague experienced this as well this week. I couldn't solve it but a workaround when it popped up was to save using File -> Scrips -> Image processor and save it to whatever location was previously used (woudn't let me edit the desitination folder). At least it prevented me from loosing my work but I would still love to prevent the error from happening in the first place! @Justin3020633906eq  did @CoryShubert solution work for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2024 Apr 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU! This was an absolute lifesaver. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update @defaultzxjo46r4w3gj curious what version of Ps beta are you on, current is: Adobe Photoshop Version: 25.2.0 20231104.m.2388 fdf2b8a arm64 and also wondering what is your setting for the File Handling section?
Screenshot 2023-11-09 at 3.00.25 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just realised I wasn't in Beta, but rather regular PS v25.1.0.  Here are my settings.Screen Shot 2023-11-09 at 4.04.28 PM.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since this is the Ps beta forum, we should keep details and issues that only reflect in Ps beta.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies! I will pay more attention next time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2024 Apr 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a follow up for this on another form? Same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@defaultzxjo46r4w3gj no worries, it is important to keep them seperate so the team can focus on issues per app.  If you do have the same issue on Ps release as in beta, please do post it on the correct forum so we can look into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2024 May 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a link to the correct form that resolves this issue? This thread is the top search result for this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2024 Jun 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2024 Jul 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i second this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2024 Aug 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting the same 'Could not save a copy because of a disk error (-1)' and it is now getting infuriating!! 2 days ago I uninstalled photoshop and then reinstalled it again.... and it worked and saved with out a problem. I start working today and the same message is back... This is really annoying and I can see no permanant fix anywhere, just suggestions of things that 'might' help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it has to do with photoshop needing an adequate amount of storage
on the computer to run

Chances are you probably have less than 10% of your storage left on your SSD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi all, any issues with scratch disk errors should review this helpx doc for explinations/solutions:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-scratch-disk-is-full.html

Thanks,

Cory - Photoshop Product Manager

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines