• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recent Files

Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2023 Nov 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Half the time when swapping between the full release and beta versions of Photoshop (usually when responding to forum posts) I find myself wishing that they shared the same recent files list.  I'm guessing this might not be practical, but apart from seeing the same files in both versions, if this was done with a designated folder (or having the option) then we'd have full control of what we'd see in recent files. 

Just a thought, but I can remember enough forum posts, asking how to control what appears in the list, to know I am not the only person who would like this option.

TOPICS
Web

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 18, 2023 Nov 18, 2023

I like the immediacy of the recent files as thumbnails as soon as you open Photoshop, but right after reading your post I realized why it wouldn't work.  A lot/most of the time, those files are not going to be in the same folder. Which I am fairly sure kills the idea stone dead.  Oh well.  I'd still love to see the same list in both versions, and if the Development Team were able to make that happen, it could maybe also be used to retain the list through major version updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Trevor,

Can you use the Recent Files list in Quick Access in Windows File Explorer?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/pin-remove-and-customize-in-quick-access-7344ff13-bdf4-9...

janee_0-1700353817358.jpeg

Everytime we get a new version of Photoshop, we start all over again with Recents. They have never ported over to a new version. Interesting idea, though!

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like the immediacy of the recent files as thumbnails as soon as you open Photoshop, but right after reading your post I realized why it wouldn't work.  A lot/most of the time, those files are not going to be in the same folder. Which I am fairly sure kills the idea stone dead.  Oh well.  I'd still love to see the same list in both versions, and if the Development Team were able to make that happen, it could maybe also be used to retain the list through major version updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2023 Nov 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Theoretically it's a great idea, Trevor, but I don't see how it would work either.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2023 Nov 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Trevor.Dennis this is by design - Beta software is for testing, not production. The two shouldn't cross over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines