• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What's new in Photoshop (beta) 24.7 build 2200/2205

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 14, 2023 Jun 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all for posting your bug reports and providing feedback on the latest features in the Photoshop (beta app) There have been requests for more details on what's in the latest beta release.

Banner6.jpg

Get started with Photoshop beta

👉  Download the desktop Photoshop beta. See also, Photoshop beta is now available.

 

These are the latest updates for Photoshop beta 24.7 build 2205.

• Beta Update check - Now when there's a new version of the Photoshop (beta) app available, there will be an in-app notification that lets you update easily. 
    PeteGreen_0-1686767459685.png
  • Generative Fill will now continue to process and display results while in the background and not in focus
  • On-Canvas Gradients now change to "Classic Gradients" while in Quick Mask mode to make it easier to work with them with Quick Masks
  • Improvements and refinements to the previews during single-click selections using the Object Selection tool (better edge quality and corresponding selection, better performance)
  • Enabled Multithreaded compositing during Save operations to help speed up the save process. (more improvements in this area to come)
  • Improvements to app startup time (tools now load on-demand, rather than all at startup)
  • Many bug fixes!

Please try out these features and let us know your feedback!

Regards,

Pete and the Photoshop team

TOPICS
Desktop-macOS , Desktop-Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2023 Jul 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there.

Today I got this message, but when I click it doesn't take me to update to the latest version

.Captura de pantalla 2023-07-12 a la(s) 09.22.11.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 24, 2023 Jul 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the same pop-up, but when I go to cc it says I have the latest version.

You would think Adobe could get the simple things right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 14, 2023 Jul 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone. I was really hyped seeing this: "Enabled Multithreaded compositing during Save operations to help speed up the save process."

However, after trying to save the same 16bit PSDs that I work with I can't really see any improvements. It's still a very very slow process, barely touching 1-2 threads on my 16c/32t 5950x.

I'm using a M.2 WD SN850 2TB drive, so read-write speed isn't an issue(1-2% load on the SSD).

Attached- PSD saved in 48s, TIF (zip/zip) saved in 56s.

Thanks in advance,

Bogdan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2023 Jul 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Generative Fill is fantastic. It is my favorite tool! It removes anything undesirable in my photographs, with almost no extra work.

GREAT work on this one, guys; now, if there were only a way to take an out-of-focus and put it in focus now, THAT would be amazing as well. THANK YOU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2023 Jul 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depends how out of focus it is.
I use Filter > Sharpen > Unsharp Mask
But there's also Filter > Sharpen > Smart sharpen.

Tutorials on YouTube.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 21, 2023 Jul 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

High Res Rendering of Gen Fil. 

I have an image that is like hair. wavy and flowing. when using Gen fil to expand the images width, it does an amazing job of creating the flow and movement, however the resolution is not the same. 

Is this becasue it is beta?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2023 Jul 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also noticed this limitation on generative fill, for example generating foliage/lawn on 8000px size aerials is extremely blurry if the selection is very large. I'm estimating the usable size to around 1500px, after that it gets soft/blurry quite fast. It's also a kind of blur that's non-responsive to AI of even traditional sharpening.
However I think it's a technology limitation right now. I've been playing with stable diffusion run locally on the GPU and high resolution results are quite hard to achieve as they're extremely compute intensive.

I'm wondering if a future implementation would allow a "Local GPU assisted GenFill" for higher resolutions. The servers could handle figuring out what exactly should be there, offer you the current "preview", then you can click on "Generate HighDef" and let the local GPU cruch the data, even if it takes X minutes. This will allow Adobe's servers not be overwhelmed, while still being able to achieve a high resolution result locally? Not sure if possible, just throwing the idea out there. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2023 Jul 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, couldn't find the Edit button.
" It's also a kind of blur that's non-responsive to sharpening (AI sharpening or even traditional sharpening)"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2023 Jul 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Mr Green, Photoshop 24.7 is released, what is new?

Gretings,

Ingemar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines