Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Single adjustments Interface changes in new PS versions

Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2024 Jul 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi dear developers,
I would like to thank you for allowing people to use the products you create and support!
I have a comment about the changes in the PS interface. I noticed that in the latest beta versions you have changed the appearance of the Single Adjustments block by adding the names of adjustment layers. In my opinion, this is inconvenient, it takes up extra space in the workspace, which I would use to greater advantage, for example, enlarging the window with layers. I think most of the users of your products are already very familiar with each of the adjustment layers and there is no need to display its names in this form. It is enough to have a pop-up window that will not steal precious space, which is not very much, considering the huge number of tools that I use on a regular basis.
I'm sure the adobe community would appreciate it if the new PS and PS beta versions would keep the classic, concise look of the toolbar. I really hope that my appeal will meet with a caring agent who will pay attention to this.
Thank you for your work and have a good day!!!!
зображення_2024-07-20_114045259.pngзображення_2024-07-20_114133366.png

Idea No status

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 22, 2024 Jul 22, 2024

Hi @RSretouch thank you for the post. Yes, due to customer feedback we did move the Single adjustments back up to the top. For those who do not need the copy under them, you have the Classic View in the flyout menu that will compact them to just small icons...

We hear quit often from new customers that they don't know what these icons are or do, so that is why the change was made.

Again, for experts like yourself and others, simple chose Classic view and you are back to the simple view.

Screenshot 2024-07-22 at 10.44.25 AM.png

T

Votes

Translate

Translate
5 Comments
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@RSretouch you'd be better off posting your idea on the Photoshop Beta forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@RSretouch 

Can you click the hamburger menu in the upper right and show us the options? I'm not in my office right now, but am wondering if the menu has an option to turn off the labels.

I've moved your post from Photoshop to Photoshop Beta for you.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @jane-e 
Yeah, I tried that. It changes the view, but not as much as I'd like. hah
there are only 2 of these modes

RSretouch_1-1721530520969.png

RSretouch_0-1721530473864.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jul 22, 2024 Jul 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @RSretouch thank you for the post. Yes, due to customer feedback we did move the Single adjustments back up to the top. For those who do not need the copy under them, you have the Classic View in the flyout menu that will compact them to just small icons...

We hear quit often from new customers that they don't know what these icons are or do, so that is why the change was made.

Again, for experts like yourself and others, simple chose Classic view and you are back to the simple view.

Screenshot 2024-07-22 at 10.44.25 AM.png

Thanks,

Cory - Photoshop Product Manager

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2024 Jul 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much!