• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Program error with actions that have save command in 24.3

Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating photoshop to 24.3.0 it throws a save error if I have a save in action.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Apr 20, 2023 Apr 20, 2023

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 24.4.1. This update includes the fix for this issue. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here

To update Photoshop to 24.4.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected, and share your feedback.

Thanks,

Mohit

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 237 Replies 237
237 Comments
Explorer ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bug?

with latest update, when i choose a simple action i created that 'saves as' the file or another one that is just 'Save', i get an error message:

'could not complete the command because of a program error'

i tried creating new ones.....no luck

or is this something that indicates corruption of preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

follow up: i did the option of resetting preferences upon quitting (found in general tab of preferences) ....no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest update -- Photoshop 24.3 -- prevents images from opening in Photoshop 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should I uninstall the program or go back to Ps previous version  -- 24.2.1?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Jqqerry 

Thanks for highlighting that you are going through a similar issue. As you mentioned in the other post, this issue is seen only in Photoshop 24.3 version; am I right? 

Could you please share the system info of Photoshop from Help > System info > Copy & paste into a text document > upload to Creative Cloud files (https://assets.adobe.com/files) and share with us?

It would be great if you could elaborate on your workflow.

Ranjisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same error on. Trying to run an action with a save command included, gives the message: 'Could not complete the command because of a program error' when it reaches the save command. Removing the save command from the action, removes the error. Deleting prefs does not fix.
PS v24.3.0, Windows (11).

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.  I tried recording a completely new action with just the one command 'CTRL-S' and nothing else and I get the same error.  So CTRL-S works if done directly from the keyboard but not if done via an action.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, @tunners and @loweskid, for sharing this. Apologies for the interruption in workflow. Please try installing the Program Error Diagnostic Plugin, and then you can follow the steps mentioned here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/program-error-diagnostic-plugin-feedb...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you look at the bottom of the thread you mentioned, you will see three different people have already posted error traces for this bug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, busy day. Didn't have a chance to respond earlier. I'm on MacOS Ventura 13.1. I'm working with a PSD file. But it's not just one file. Any file I work on, doesn't matter, the same thing happens. I'm confused, how do we share Diagnostic info with you after uploading to Creative Cloud files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ranjisha Sengupta  Hi. I roll back to 24.2.1 yesterday as this is a bug that I can't proceed with my work because I save often.
The way to reproduce this is simple.
Make an action. And record the save (Ctrl+S) there.
And try to run the action and save it.
This will cause this bug. The only way to avoid this is to save it manually.

And it's not a bug that's limited to just one picture.
All the photos, at least my team (15 computers) all went through this bug and rolled back right away.
It's not a problem with file extensions either. (jpg, png, psd, tiff, cr2, raf ...-etc)
In 24.3, the save recorded in the action does not run. That's the bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2023 Mar 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem with the v24.3.0 running a batch process. I got an nondescript error message popup "The command could not be executed due to a program error." I tried running Photoshop as an administrator, unfortunately without any improvement. The error occurs every time the batch process comes to the point save, no matter what action was previously performed. Photoshop running on Windows 11 22H2

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an issue when I try to save a picture after the execution of a script.

When the "saving" action is launched, I have an issue saying that an error has occurred in the programme.
I have tried to create again the script and I have the same issue.

I can save thanks to "Ctrl+S" my pictures separately but I cannot do this action via the automation script... It is a real issue for me (Photoshop version : 24.3 on Windows 11)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are several community reports about a problem with saving through an action command in the latest version of Photoshop. This is probably a bug.

Changing the save settings, overwriting the operation in the action, resetting Photoshop settings do not help. If your automation script expects the file to be closed after saving, you can remove the save step and use the close command (with "save changes" specified). If this way does not suit you, I recommend temporarily installing the previous version 24.2.1 and waiting for the next update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same on Macbook Pro 16 Intel, I had to install back the 24.2 since it was working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, I have uninstalled the V24.3 and I have lost of my preferences and previous scripts... Do you know how could I retrieve all of that ( I suppose it has been saved previously on my computer...) ? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Guide ,
Mar 27, 2023 Mar 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Windows, you can press Win+R, enter the path %userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\adobe and confirm.

A directory with Adobe application settings will open, among which you can see folders with the current and previous versions of Photoshop (there you can find settings for hotkeys, workspaces, etc.). However, you will not see the actions there: if you did not take care to save them to disk in advance, then they are stored in the current Photoshop settings file: Adobe Photoshop Prefs.psp (and extracting them from there is a difficult task).

If you haven't uninstalled the current version yet, you can save your actions to disk:

2023-03-27_09-55-28.png

and then load them to the previous version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue. All my actions get the error message went they reach the "save" command. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you added your votes? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ich habe das gleiche Problem !!

es wäre schön wenn der support sich dazu mal äußern würde !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Selbes Problem "Speichern" in Aktionen geht seit dem Update nicht mehr!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Offenbar keine Lösung derzeit, außer Rollback zu 24.2.1, dann gehts wieder!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have passed on to the team to look into.

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

es wäre schön wenn der support sich dazu mal äußern würde !!

Der Bug ist als »Unresolved« gekennzeichnet, das sollte Ihnen hoffentlich reichen. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curious all, is this happening on Windows or Macs or both?

Votes

Translate

Translate