• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Photoshop CC (23.2.2 and older versions) favorite fonts keep clearing and unable to save (2022)

Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I have come across a very annoying bug within Photoshop CC. I previously had Photoshop CC (23.1.1 and older) version installed. Suddenly, my list of favorite fonts is empty and have all magically disappeared. Upon reselecting my favorite fonts list and manually adding them back one by one, Photoshop CC will not save this list upon closing the application. I have tried updating Photoshop CC and even installed the latest version (23.2.2), manually selected my favorite fonts again, but unfortunately my list keeps dissapearing and it simply will not save. I have no clue as to why this is happening.. 

Upon researching the Adobe Support Community I came across multiple reports of other users experiencing the same bug: 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-fonts-discussions/all-favorited-fonts-suddenly-missing/td-p/123...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/favorite-fonts-list-not-saving-photos...

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
3 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @FOediting - Font favorites are stored with Photoshop's preferences. There are a few ways that preferences could get 'reset.'

1) You've reset your preferences for some reason

2) You preferences aren't being saved on Quit. (could be a permissions issue preventing save or Photoshop is crashing on Quit)

3) If you don't migrate your preferences and presets when you update between major versions:

JeffreyTranberry_0-1649703310626.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I've been having the same issue. I've updated my Photoshop to the latest version (23.3.1) I've tried resetting the preferences. I've tried only favoriting system fonts like Arial and restarting Photoshop. The "Import previous settings and preferences" option is ticked on. Still, the same issue persists. All favorited fonts, including system fonts, adobe fonts, and personally installed fonts, are missing once photoshop is closed and opened again. 

Please fix this immediately. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, 

I have realized the following thing regarding this bug. Upon staring Photoshop CC, sometimes my favourite fonts in the fonts menu get cleared. However, after waiting 5 minutes or so they will automatically restore. Very strange, but untill now this has happened to me each time they are initially cleared, but restored after a couple of minutes. Hopefully this may help you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate