• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Bristle tip brush produce uneven, broken strokes

Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/problem-with-brush-strokes-appears-to-be-stamping-not-match...
Photoshop 21.0.3 As described in this thread, ever since the most recent update, bristle tip brushes will produce uneven, broken strokes like this:

I've completely reinstalled photoshop and reset all preferences, so the issue seems to be entirely unrelated to any possible brush or tool settings, and appears to occur with the legacy bristle tip brushes only (however I'm not 100% sure about this, it might just be harder to tell with erodible pencil tips or the airbrush).
I've been very happy with these brushes in PS so far and can only hope for continued legacy feature support in this regard, as I intend to continue using them for a long time to come.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020
This should be fixed in the 21.1 update that went out last night.

Votes

Translate

Translate
5 Comments
LEGEND ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My version of Photoshop updated to 21.0.3. Now some of my brushes aren't creating strokes properly, specifically some Legacy Brushes and some custom brushes that I made a while ago. The stroke preview shows how I expect the stroke to appear, and when I draw with my tablet, the stroke looks like the brush's spacing is wrong or it is stamping segments of the stroke.

I discussed the problem with users on the Adobe Community page. We tried testing strokes with a mouse, a tablet pen, and stroking on a path but it is still not working. A different user recreated the brush I was testing on their own computer and found that it worked fine with Photoshop CC 2017 but then saw that it behaved drastically different in Photoshop CC 2020. They recommended that I report it as a bug to this community. Here is the thread from our discussion that details the problem with more images: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/problem-with-brush-strokes-appears-to-be-stamping-not-match...

If anyone has insights toward a solution, please let me know. Help highly appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am told this should be fixed in the next update that goes out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This should be fixed in the 21.1 update that went out last night.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The brushes all work as intended now. But there is a new issue: the brush cursor preview doesn't dynamically show the current pen position anymore. It's static and doesn't change shape or move at all until I start drawing onto the canvas, at which point it will snap to and remain in whatever state the stroke started with, up until you start a new stroke again and so on. This applies to all brushes, by the way, not only the legacy bristle tips, so arguably it's way worse now than ever. I understand that the live preview window in the top right has been removed recently, but this surely can't be part of that? It still worked in 21.0.3.
As before, reverting to 21.0.3 or 21.0.2 fixes the issue.

As you can see here, the brush tip cursor doesn't follow the actual rotation of the brush.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 21, 2020 Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Different issue

Please reference the new conversation here: Photoshop 21.1: Brush cursor preview doesn't show the state of the pen

Votes

Translate

Translate