• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Create new window not reflecting right dimensions from clipboard

Participant ,
Jun 19, 2022 Jun 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am having an issue with photoshop where File > New > is not auto-inputting the clipboard size into the canvas size for the new document. This has worked on every version of photoshop until this point. I sadly ended up on version 23.3.2 (photoshop just updated itself in the last couple days I guess without me noticing, and I am pretty sure I had that auto update turned off since I reverted back to 22.2 a couple weeks ago, sigh)

Have you guys considered testing your product before launching updates? I reverted back to 22.2 because of all the bugs I was experiencing with the latest versions. Seems turning auto update off cant even save me. 

{Thread title modified by moderator}

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Hi everyone, 

The fix for this should be available to all now and will come from the Creative Cloud desktop app, and not through a Photoshop update. 

To update: 

• Visit the Creative Cloud Desktop app's "Updates" tab, and click Check for Updates. 
  • If that doesn't resolve it, try signing out of Creative Cloud desktop app, and signing back in.

If you performed this workaround, you may need to revert those workaround steps to receive the updated plugin. 

If updated successfully, you will se

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Just switched to Legacy "New Document" Interface and it works fine that way.

Edit > Preferences > General > check Use Legacy "New Document" Interface

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 310 Replies 310
310 Comments
Community Expert ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Raphael - Hotcakes Media  wrote:

"Use Legacy New Document Interface" is not checked."

Please check it — it's not checked by default. Let us know if that solves the issue.

Also, it doesn't matter which reply button you click in a bug report because the replies are not threaded, so you're fine!

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually is it possible for the new interface to behave like the legacy one? Where the details of the new file conform to the clipboard size? I believe that was actually how it was behaving a few updates back. I like the new interface with all the recent items, but I also like my clipboard size to be auto filled 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was working fine all day, and then just suddenly stopped working properly.

I've tried searching a few things, restarted computer, I even just uninstalled and reinstalled so I have the current latest version and I didn't save any previous settings.

Bascally, no matter what I do, when creating a new document it makes one from previous width and height details.

When I copy something and go to make a new document, the current clipboard dimensions are displaying. I usually would just hit enter and it would make the correct size new document. 

Now, even if click on the clipboard icon, it always makes whatever is displaying in the width and height box.

Windows 10

PS - 23.4.1 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just noticed that when I copy something it puts it in the new clipboard, but not the width and height.

If I hit  Esc, and then Ctrl+N, it then updates the width and height to the correct clipboard dimensions.

Annoying now, but at least it's better than having to manually type the dimensions in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just noticed that when I copy something it puts it in the new clipboard, but not the width and height.

By @davidm69286293

This is a known issue and is being investigated by the product developers. One thing that has been reported to work is to go to Preferences > General > enable Use Legacy "New Document" Interface.

You can Upvote here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/p-create-new-window-not-reflecting-right-dim...

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reminds me of the saying "if it aint broke, dont fix it". Though around here it seems to be more "if it aint broke, fix it til it is"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since upgrading to 24.2.1 a copied and pasted selection from the marquee tool results in anything other than the selection fitted to a new document. I've had selections end up as small portions of the selection. The attached are three pics of the Copy, the New document page, and the Pasted result. Formerly, I was able to hit CTRL-C, then CTRL-N, ENTER, and finally CTRL-V to get the desired result. 

I downgraded to 23.3.2 but the problem followed. I have checked Preferences/technolgy Previews/Deactivate Native Canvas and restarted to no avail. I have unchecked the previous, restared to no avail. I have checked the Preferences/Performance/Use Graphic Processor, restarted to no good result, And unchecked to previous setting, restarted to no avail. 

I am using Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Formerly, I was able to hit CTRL-C, then CTRL-N, ENTER, and finally CTRL-V to get the desired result. 

By @sfcape1903

Hi @sfcape1903 

This is a known issue that the engineers are aware of. Try this:

Preferences > General > check Use Legacy "New Document" Interface

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just ran into this bug myself. Renaming the UXP folder to ~UXP as suggested by Sameer K is working for me.

Thanks Sameer!

D.R. Greenlaw - Artist/Partner, Little Green Dog | Lead Digital Animator, DreamWorks Animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Sameer K It just gets worse with every update for the last 3 years. You guys are wasting my precious time with your lousy software platforms. Invest some money in qualified software engineers, for Christ's sake!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To make it clear for the staffs,

This is what happened after we either screenshot, or copy an image (from within photoshop, or a web image). The clipboard dimension still exist, but the dimension details on the right is still stuck with the previously created files, even though the Clipboard is selected on the left, so in order for us to get the correct details, we have to click on another option, then back the clipboard. 

The more I see, the more it look like a bug to me, instead of an intended change to streamline any work process

Photoshop Bug.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had what I suppose are glitches with the Windows clipboard for a while now, but I guess it could be Photoshop rather than Windows.  Typical of what I am seeing is that I find an image using a web browser (Edge or Chrome).  Google Images or Yandex might tell me the image 1000 X 1000 pixels, but when I use Ctrl n  in Photoshop the resulting document is the wrong size.  Or I might get the right size document, but the first time I use Ctrl v  to paste, the previous clipboard content is pasted.  I can usually undo that and use Ctrl v again, and the correct image is pasted.

You can see from that behaviour why I am not sure whether this a Photoshop or Windows glitch or setting.  It's not life or death, and it always works eventually, so I would categorize it as mildly annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess it will be good for the Adobe staffs to have a look at it too?

The dimension issue work fine in the legacy form, so I am not sure. I only have this issue after the recent updates

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2022 Jun 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Provazi you legend. this has been wrecking my head for 3 days now. your fix works perfect. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@leosn56185363 wrote:

I guess it will be good for the Adobe staffs to have a look at it too?

Leosn, staff is aware. They read these threads. The status in the primary thread is "investigating".

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Trevor.Dennis wrote:

Google Images or Yandex might tell me the image 1000 X 1000 pixels, but when I use Ctrl n  in Photoshop the resulting document is the wrong size. 

Trevor, this is a known bug. See this thread:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/p-create-new-window-not-reflecting-right-dim...

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where under 'edit' is there a preferences option?! Are we still in Adobe Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Message to self: Never EVER update Adobe products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Q.g.h.249982849ehq wrote:

"Where under 'edit' is there a preferences option?! Are we still in Adobe Photoshop?"

In Windows OS. If you are on a Mac, Preferences is in the application menu (in this case, the Photoshop menu).

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jane:

Thank you for the fix. It worked fine with the Preferences/Performance/Use Graphics Procesor checked. I am using version 23.3.2. Will this fix work with the version 24.2.1 upgrade? Or should I leave well enough alone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the fix. ... 

Will this fix work with the version 24.2.1 upgrade?

By @sfcape1903

You're welcome sfcape,

The fix is working in 23.4.1 (the current version). Engineers are aware of the issue, so check back here to see if the next PS update resolves the issue altogether.

A side note: you mentioned upgrading to 24.2.1, then downgrading to 23.3.2 which you are now using using. "24.2.1" is a typo, as the numbers aren't that high yet. It doesn't matter for your question — I just don't want you to be confused when you don't see 24.2.1 as a choice when you go to reinstall.

Also, you can install multiple versions as many of us do, so you can have both 23.x and 22.x (but not 23.1, 23.2, 23.3, etc.) Choose not to remove the previous version when installing.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Provazi. To the folks at Adobe - no updates are better than this slipshod, incompetent and unnecessary change. We who are working professional who juggle a lot of projects and have several deadlines every day DON'T NEED THIS [offensive language remove by moderator] !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Dave250029681j2v wrote:

"To the folks at Adobe - no updates are better"

Turn off automatic updates for applications using the Creative Cloud app if you prefer not to get them.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same issue. I ended up here because this started for me in the last two weeks. When creating a new file, I can't create to clipboard size. As someone who uses this feature multiple times daily, it was noticable right away. I've assumed this is a bug in latest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh shoot. While renaming the UXP folder to ~UXP did fix the problem in Photoshop, it also breaks After Effects. When I launched After Effects, it crashes every time during launch. After I renamed ~UXP back to UXP, After Effects now launches and opens properly.

Guess I can wait for a proper update; I really need After Effect more than I need the clipboard size support in Photoshop. 

Hopefully this gets fixed soon. 

D.R. Greenlaw - Artist/Partner, Little Green Dog | Lead Digital Animator, DreamWorks Animation

Votes

Translate

Translate