• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: CS5/CS6 text deletes when highlighted for editing on MacOS 10.9

Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2013 Oct 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since an update to OS 10.9 on a mid 2012 MBP 2.7 GHz i7 with 16 GB Ram, CS5 is not allowing me to update text. When I select the text tool type text and then return to the text and highlight it to change font or style, the text disappears, and is actually deleted. This happens when I select any text in any of my psd files, or when I create new files.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 06, 2013 Nov 06, 2013
Howdy folks,

I believe we have the smoking gun for this one. So far every user I've spoken with finds the problem goes away when they turn off the dictation function in Mavericks. Further digging shows that the app works, but if a user attempts to record while Photoshop is not in a state to accept text, then the dictation app then stores some sort of + in its buffer, which is then added to anything selected, such as text you're trying to edit!

If anyone continues to have a problem, please le...

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 135 Replies 135
135 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2013 Oct 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No one with the same problem ? ~

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem with Adobe Photoshop CS6 for Apple MacBook Retina OS X Mavericks.

When you write text and then at him I change the size or thickness - the text itself is deleted.

Does not work: (Please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this only happen with specific fonts? Or any font?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to happen with every font. I have tried to verify fonts and have deleted duplicates and problem fonts, and even cleared the font cache ... nothing is helping. Photoshop was running np until the update to MacOS10.9.

thanks for looking into this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is with any font changes. The problem is with any change font size. The problem is when you change the font width.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not a font. He does this with all fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you do a clean install of MacOS 10.9, or an upgrade (and which version did you upgrade from)?
Do you have any system extensions installed? Have you tried disabling them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 26, 2013 Oct 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion - upgrade - OS X 10.9 Mavericks

system extensions installed - no

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same scenario, have upgraded from 10.8 to 10.9, no issues before

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you run Photoshop from a new admin user account or in Safe Mode, does this problem go away?

http://blogs.adobe.com/crawlspace/201...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2013 Oct 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Starting in Safe Mode does nothing, the problem persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue. CS5 & CS6. When I CMD+A text it erases all text.

Happens with any font.

Late 2013 RMBPro. OSX 10.9

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a VERY frustrating bug! It only happens in all Adobe Creative Suite products (and only those products). It started after I updated my OS to Mavericks Beta 3.

Bug:
In Creative Suite applications, say Photoshop for example, whenever a dialog box or a property panel opens, the first/most important text input is automatically focused on. Normally this is great so that you do not have to go and select common input fields and can start typing away to modify them immediatly. For example, when you open the color picker dialog (the hex value is automatically selected) or when you open the layer styles dialog (the main opacity field is automatically selected). With this new bug, now instead of just selecting the field, it immediately clears it out. At this point, two frustrating things happen ... the field becomes invalid and you cannot proceed without fixing it AND you lose whatever data was in the text input to begin with. It also does this when you select actual text in your document. Basically it happens whenever some bit of text is preselected by the application to make the workflow easier (and normally this does tremendously). This bug completely halts effeciency (and sanity) for doing 80% of all tasks in Photoshop.

Timeframe:
Everything seemed to be working fine until I updated to 10.9 - beta 3. Since that point, Photoshop has become almost unusable in Mavericks. I tried to go back to beta 1 and 2, but the problem unfortunately carried over to those.

My Environment:
I am working on the retina Macbook Pro (late 2012 version). My Adobe CS6 is versioned at 13.0.5 (latest). I am on Mavericks beta 3.

More Reports of this Bug:
http://forums.adobe.com/message/5512325
https://devforums.apple.com/thread/19... (must be mac developer to view)

Video of this Bug in Action:
https://vimeo.com/70161361

Any help on why this is happening or how to fix it would be so very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike Donovan

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this is a different issue (affecting text entry fields, not the text tool), which Apple supposedly fixed before releasing 10.9.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 28, 2013 Oct 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using any font auto-activation plug-ins? (Suitcase, etc)

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not using any auto-activation plug-ins.
I have uninstalled photoshop and installed a fresh copy and the issue persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem, only in PS after upgrading to Mavericks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 29, 2013 Oct 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Howdy folks,

I've tried to replicate this problem in both CS5 and CS6, but cannot. I tried first a clean install of OS 10.9 and then an upgrade from 10.8.5 to 10.9. In both cases, I was able to successfully use type in CS5 and CS6 after the update. There were no problems at all. I'm thinking there is another factor here which is missing.

Please note, I'm using Apple's official release of Mavericks; it could be that an earlier seed had a problem.

Please contact me so I can help diagnose this problem.

Thanks,
David

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't happen every time, and it only happens when you go back to edit an existing text box. (not point text)

Sometimes it won't even let you highlight the text. I click on the text box and the transfer controls will appear for a split second and then disappear and you can't edit the text in that text box. (but other text boxes can be edited without a problem on the same document.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Howdy Rick,

Are you okay demoing this problem for me? We can connect via the internet to share your screen with me.

That said, I've a feeling there's something about your setup. How did you install Mavericks? Was it on top of 10.8.5? Something else? What other apps do you have running? Something is not adding up...

Thanks,
David

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can replicate this problem all day long unfortunately. I can't get any work done outside of graphic manipulation. My promo graphics are all on hold since the text magically disappears every time I try to type.

I can confirm this happened on my last 13" rMBPro after a Mavericks upgrade from the app store, and ALSO on my brand new (preinstalled) Mavericks 13" rMBPro.

OSX 10.9. 2.6GHz Intel Core i5. 8GB. + 27" thunderbolt. 19" Dell WFP Display.

I'm racking my brain for a possible reason why this would be happening. I have no font manipulation software and all of my other software is fairly standard. I have downloaded some google webfonts to use, but I'd die if there were some conflict there. And yes, this happens with any font in my library, not just google fonts.

My copy of Photoshop was downloaded from the internet because my rMBPro doesn't have an optical drive to use, and Adobe inconveniently removed the CS5 Master Suite trial download links of course, but I paid well over $1,000 for the legit CS5 Master Suite and this text issue is quite crippling. Maybe the version I downloaded was missing some files or something?

Preparing to fresh install Mavericks for the 3rd time within the last couple of weeks, but I'm still not sure if I want to take the gamble unless I can get a a CS5 master suite download direct from Adobe since my actual software is my only suspicion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Howdy Elite,

I worked with Rick earlier and there is a possibility that this problem is caused by a third-party app or device. Do you use a tablet? Usual mouse? Try disabling it and seeing if the problem goes away. You may need to actually uninstall the software. It appears that certain software actually co-opts the keyboard commands, causing this problem.

If that solves your problem, please post. And if not, please post and I'll follow up with you as well.

Thanks,
David

Votes

Translate

Translate