• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: CS5/CS6 text deletes when highlighted for editing on MacOS 10.9

Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2013 Oct 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since an update to OS 10.9 on a mid 2012 MBP 2.7 GHz i7 with 16 GB Ram, CS5 is not allowing me to update text. When I select the text tool type text and then return to the text and highlight it to change font or style, the text disappears, and is actually deleted. This happens when I select any text in any of my psd files, or when I create new files.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 06, 2013 Nov 06, 2013
Howdy folks,

I believe we have the smoking gun for this one. So far every user I've spoken with finds the problem goes away when they turn off the dictation function in Mavericks. Further digging shows that the app works, but if a user attempts to record while Photoshop is not in a state to accept text, then the dictation app then stores some sort of + in its buffer, which is then added to anything selected, such as text you're trying to edit!

If anyone continues to have a problem, please le...

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 135 Replies 135
135 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 09, 2014 Dec 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Howdy Sarah,

I'm pretty sure that you're having a problem with the Dictation app in Mavericks. Turn that off and I'm pretty confident that your problem will disappear.

Thanks,
David

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2015 Jan 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I'm having a problem when changing colour or size of font - the whole text disappears, and I then can't "undo" and get the text back - it seems to be gone forever. Any ideas what I am doing wrong?
Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 20, 2015 Jan 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already resolved this issue with Sharon.  She had Dictation turned on.  It's a known but with Apple.  Turn it off and everything is well again.

Thanks,
David

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 04, 2015 Mar 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disabling dictation and restarting both PS and Mac did not help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your problem persists, I would be willing to do a web-hosted screenshare in order to get to the bottom of the problem.  All you need is an Internet connection and a phone line (toll-free, just so we can talk).  Let me know if you're interested and I'll set something up.

Thanks,
David

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David, I'd love to do that. How about Thursday (tomorrow)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 25, 2015 Mar 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. My dictation button have always been OFF. I turned it ON and then OFF, Restarted computer, open photoshop. Still the same though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 25, 2015 Mar 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vivian,

For nearly everyone, turning off Dictation has been the magic bullet.  If this is not working for you, Vivian, can I suggest we do a web-hosted screenshare?  That way I can see what you are seeing and try to come up with a solution?  

I'll follow up with an email.

Thanks,
David

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 22, 2015 Jul 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

I'm having the same problem and have turned off dictation and reset Photoshop, but the problem persists. Have you found another solution?

Thanks,

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jul 22, 2015 Jul 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Michelle,

No, for pretty much everyone, turning off Dictation solved the problem.  Beware, however, as there's a bug where Dictation can turn itself back on pretty easily.  You might want to totally disable the shortcut and then check it.

If you're still having trouble, we can do a web-hosted screenshare to get to the bottom of it.  I'm in California, so available roughly 9am to 6pm PST.

Thanks,
David

Votes

Translate

Translate