• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: CS6 - Paragraph Styles in Photoshop Middle Eastern text engine

Explorer ,
Aug 11, 2012 Aug 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CS6 has this new Paragraph and Character Styles now. My request concerns this style sheet feature in the Middle Eastern version of Adobe Photoshop.
The Paragraph Style settings window lacks the Paragraph direction option. This option is crucial for the type direction as alignment is not enough here.
For clear idea, the localization team can refer to InDesign Middle Eastern version which the team has added Paragraph Direction in the Paragraph Style under "Indents and Spacing" category setting.
Here is a scenario to clarify where this is crucial. My default type settings are for Arabic text "right to left" hence font is Arabic, paragraph direction is set as right to left, alignment too, however if I would like to set a Paragraph Style, I cannot select paragraph direction in the style settings window, hence I must select this manually from Paragraph Panel otherwise any commas or full stops would show in the wrong location specially when mixing Arabic/English text in the same paragraph.

Bug Acknowledged
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
5 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 13, 2012 Aug 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Howdy Zaid,

You are correct, in this first implementation of the Type Style feature found in CS6, there are no controls for text flow directionality. The truth is, unfortunately, Type Styles does not currently include any features not found in the core type engine -- in other words, only the typography features used in European languages. Therefore, none of the controls unique to Arabic, Hebrew, Japanese, or Chinese have Type Style equivalents. Sorry.

I will share your feedback with the team and see what we can do.

Thanks,
David

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any solution yet? Dont tell me I have to install cs5 again ><

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day David,
Thanks for your response and clarification. I'm sure Adobe localization team will address this issue at least in next Photoshop release... hopefully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There weren't any style sheets prior to Photoshop CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 16, 2012 Aug 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Howdy Zaid,

Did you by chance get my email?

Thanks,
David