Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: CS6 program error from vector tools, multiple text layer font size weirdness

Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2012 May 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

photoshop CS6:

1. Vector shapes tool: when trying to select, an error displays.
2. When multiple TEXT layers are selected, changing font size does not work correctly.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Nov 08, 2013 Nov 08, 2013
Howdy folks,

I am happy to announce that a patch for this issue in CS6 is now available for Mac (13.0.6) and Windows (13.0.1.3).

Enjoy!
David

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Sep 09, 2013 Sep 09, 2013
Okay, I can finally post this:

We have made many fixes to the behavior of transformed text and they are now available in the latest release, Photoshop 14.1, which you can download RIGHT NOW. I will acknowledge, there are still a few lingering issues to resolve, but for most users, these fixes should handle their problems. We felt it was better to get a partial fix out now than a perfect fix in the future. We are still planning additional improvements for a coming release.

If you are still ...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 03, 2013 Jun 03, 2013
We've released an update to correct this issue such that the behavior of text size/transforms is the same as CS5:

http://blogs.adobe.com/photoshopdotco...

Votes

Translate

Translate
99 Comments
LEGEND ,
Nov 29, 2012 Nov 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would be interested in discussing real world uses regarding workflow. I commented early on and am still reading the email updates on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 29, 2012 Nov 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey David, I'm sure none of us meant to be mean or hurtful. You are indeed doing an amazing job, search feature for the layers is amazing for example! We can't only make good things or we will all be flying air powered air planes. And it would take us too long to list all the good improvements you've made so this is why we surely focus on the bad ones ;)

Looking forward to get an update and get back to normal on this issue.

JK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 17, 2012 Dec 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please bring the old way of text resizing back, i could use this functionality back as soon as yesterday. I am not sure what the thinking was behind this whole transform change in regards to text, but I seriously can't think of any scenario where this would be even partially useful. This is one of the most frustrating changes that is adding quite a bit of time to my workflow and don't see how this would really benefit anyone in any form.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 17, 2012 Dec 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are actively working on solving this problem. While I cannot provide an ETA, this is an issue which we will resolve.

Thanks,
David

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 18, 2012 Dec 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just want to add +1 that I also prefer the old way of the text sizing.

Hope to see the real update to resolve this issue soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 18, 2012 Dec 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just want to add +1 that I also prefer the old way of the text sizing.

Hope to see the real update to resolve this issue soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 19, 2012 Dec 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So we paid a lot of money for a major bug? Got it

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2013 Jan 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use to have the same error about selecting several text layers and getting a different number of what it suppose to be...

...and I updated my PSCS6 and my OS to Mountain Lion,to see if you fix the bug, well, now the problem is even BIGER, when I select the text layer and pick the text tool I get, let's say, 17pt, then I select the text and it changes to 24! and there's no way to know which size is the "good one"!!!!

This is not serious! Adobe please don't bother to "fix" what is working fine for years, only fix what it's working wrong! Please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2013 Jan 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

having the same issues. very unhappy

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is there no solution to this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

disappointing change to photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 21, 2013 Jan 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No one at Adobe use their products. Otherwise the products would be actually human friendly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 22, 2013 Jan 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because Adobe already has our money.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jan 29, 2013 Jan 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sad but true.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jan 29, 2013 Jan 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To me (as a paying costumer) the way Adobe is handling this issue compromises its credibility to the people that are willing to pay the abusive amount of money they ask for their software.

No wonder why piracy levels are so appalling today. When you pay for something, you expect the company you're paying to fix broken things on its product instead of breaking basic functionalities.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 30, 2013 Jan 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also prefer to old way

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 11, 2013 Feb 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please change it back to the old, normal, way

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2013 Feb 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also adding a vote of returning to the old way

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 13, 2013 Feb 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, this new way of handling text transform is pure madness. You end up with zero control of the typography, especially if you exchange psd:s with people running the previous versions of CS (from the good old days). Not to mention the problems it creates for developers, when there's no longer any accurate font size references. Adobe need to fix this abomination, it kills efficiency.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 18, 2013 Feb 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just opened a file where i have to change a ton of text layers and the only way to do it accurate is to select the TEXT in each of the layers. ugh. so many layers to go through, this will literally take me hours.

please adobe, issue a fix soon, this is really affecting my business (and for many others as well)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 18, 2013 Feb 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe: i just want to ask for a real response, it has been months and this is such a mar on the photoshop workflow.

it seems to me there are lessons to be learned here for adobe:

1. please dont forget to "eat your own dog food". have your designers using the bleeding edge version of the tool, just like we are, so they will be first to cry foul when a feature gets introduced that seriously breaks workflow for so many people

2. please introduce new features that dont break old ways of working. and dont change tried and true ways of working when no one has asked for it. it's tantamount to a loss-of-user-data bug, seriously, because its loss of user-income.

3. to cite that no one in the beta testing complained is an excuse - if you really used the product, or watched real people use the product in production, you would not have even suggested what is a completely flawed new way of the text tool working. please, respect that your users know your product better than you do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2013 Feb 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, plz.

This is insanity. Currently working on a PSD originally created by another agency and whoever made it must have transformed the text layer at one point. Here's what happens for me.

1) click into text layer and it shows 12pt (which is what it should be)

2) press SHIFT+Right Arrow to select the "u" in "uma" and it shows 17.64pt

While I can't give you steps to recreate the original file, I can give you my PSD if it will help you fix this awful problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 22, 2013 Mar 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is absolutely insane. Duplicating a block of text just to use the same style makes a document unworkable. There's no actual point sizes. Just these crazy relative sizes based on some unknown initial instance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 10, 2013 May 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I speak for everyone who styles type for a living when I say, when I scale up text, IT'S BECAUSE I WANT IT AT THAT SIZE.

(I apologize for "shouting" in caps, but that's the way your question was posed.)

If I _really_ need one size to be based on another, then I will base it on the other, through type styles (thank you for adding that).

And, to be perfectly clear, the current behavior would _only_ be acceptable IF THERE WAS SOME WAY TO VIEW — AND _MODIFY_ — THE TRANSFORM AMOUNT.

Yes, yes, we can clear all the transforms, but along with all of the styling, including font and color.

REGARDLESS of what I scale a text frame to, when I tell it to be 22pts, IT NEEDS TO BE 22PTS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 10, 2013 May 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't believe this isn't fixed yet...... its almost as if you don't care, it's been months. This is the perfect example why competition is what makes the world move and progress.
And for the price we pay for your products this is really unacceptable.

Votes

Translate

Translate