• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: CS6 Wrong font-size displaying when selecting multiple text layers

Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2012 Oct 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When selecting several text layers, then switching to the text tool, the font-size displayed in the upper menu is wrong. It's usually more (last time it displayed 36pt, but both the layers were text composed in 14,3pt)
I can provide psd for further investigation.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
34 Comments
LEGEND ,
Oct 22, 2013 Oct 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

David, I agree with all of what you said. The thing is Photoshop never was a layout tool nor a webdesign tool, it became such by the actual usage. Adobe is not ackownledging that proprely, otherwise you wouldn't have to take some of your own time to help them focus on the fixes and features that are far from the "photo" editing scope.
What we, creative crowd of all fields, need is a tool that is made, from the start, in our era of all-html designs, not a stitched tool with a long overdue list of features, bugs and long awaited fixes.
The fact that Adobe did provide the update for CC and not CS6 just makes me mad and show how twisted their view of customer care is.
Hopefully, soon enough, a new kind of tool will emerge, but i honnestly doubt it will have the Adobe label on it.
To finish, I have been using Photoshop since version CS 2, and I don't remember having phony information about text size. For me, the trouble started with CS6, but I'm curious of having other people feedbacks.
Thanks for your time David, you may be our only link to get attention from the company we have been feeding for years.
Cheers
Nicholas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 22, 2013 Oct 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

One person's bug is another person's feature...although, as I said, it would be silly to defend the current model.

Unfortunately, I can't publicly comment on what's under development, other than what I've already shared. I can tell you that we have several enhancements underway and I'm hoping they address some of your issues. I can further acknowledge that we're doing another dot-release of CS6 which targets many of the existing type-orient CC fixes. Further, if you're interested, I can invite you to join the CS6 prerelease program for those particular fixes.

Now, if you or anyone reading this thread has bugs related to text and typography, internationalization, translations, foreign language support, keyboard shortcuts and support, or even metadata, please DO go ahead and share those issues in their own threads on this site. I read such topics and I will do my best to raise awareness of your problems. I cannot, of course, promise anything, but I am interested in hearing your perspectives on what works and what doesn't and where possible fixing things. Some issues which you might think we're aware of might actually be unknown to us. Or, we might think the problem is isolated when it's actually common.

This is where feedback from our users is really powerful. It helps us prioritize features vs. bugs and evaluate how important specific issues are.

Thanks and have a good one,
David

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2013 Nov 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This CS6 bug is messing up many of my JSX scripts that do anything with these text layers. For instance, I have one script that snaps the XY position of text layers to a whole pixel coordinate. When I run it, the text size goes back to its pre-transformed size.

This script, and others that manipulate text layers, work in PS CS5 but no longer work consistently in CS6 due to this bug. I see that Paul Riggott has endeavored to explore limited workarounds to this problem (thanks Paul).

Here is my JSX function I mentioned above that I use to snap text layers to the nearest pixel, which does not work on transformed text layers:

function snapTextLayer() {
var textLayer = app.activeDocument.activeLayer;
if(textLayer.kind != LayerKind.TEXT) return;
textLayer.textItem.position = Array( Math.round(textLayer.textItem.position[0].value), Math.round(textLayer.textItem.position[1].value));
};

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2013 Nov 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This not just *a bug* in CS6, but a *regression* from previous versions of Photoshop. You really ought to make this right by customers who have "upgraded" from CS5 to CS6 (our entire design team of 80).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Valorous Hero ,
Nov 24, 2013 Nov 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this on transformed text layers Jeremy...
http://www.ps-bridge-scripts.talktalk...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2013 Nov 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any chance you can make that link available again? I think I might need that code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Valorous Hero ,
Nov 28, 2013 Nov 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look at the "Snippets" section for "Font Size" @
http://www.ps-bridge-scripts.talktalk...
What you need to do is get the font size, do what you need to do then set the font size again.
It is a total mess!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2013 Dec 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Paul! I've managed to retrofit my script with your snippet as you described.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2013 Dec 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
David, are you asking about Paul's code? Follow his link. In the left column, click on the "Snippets" section and then click on "Font Size".

Votes

Translate

Translate