• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Docking icons for extension panels, plugins, and the Adobe Plugins panel missing on Windows 10

LEGEND ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The title pretty much says it all.  Installed 22.4 on Windows 10 today, and all the docking icons for third-party extension panels, plugins, and even Adobe's own Plugins panel are missing.  Totally blank.  The plugins listed inside the Adobe's plugins panel have their corresponding icons, but the docking icons for when these items are in a panel dock are gone.  The docking icon for the Adobe Color Theme's panel is also missing.  There may be others.  I've not checked every Adobe panel.  An icon-less panel dock is not very useful.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Thanks for reporting. This issue is fixed in the 22.4.2 update that went our early this morning.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 120 Replies 120
120 Comments
LEGEND ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the last update, the plugins logo is no longer displayed, How do I get them to reappear?

Printscreenphotoshop-cf22c6af-3bac-44e0-a64b-f33626576baf-410206338.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the same has happened to me no icon on extensions. If you go up to the top and click on window and down to extension legacy. If you click on it you should see extensions. But I have loaded mine but there are no ID icons for the extensions on the right-hand bar. Has anyone got a solution for this. thanks a mill

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the only thing we can do is wait until they release the update that fixes this.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/photoshop/photoshop-docking-icons-for-extension-panels-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this will be addressed in an update. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All the extension icons are invisible in Photoshop 22.4.1 which makes it very hard to find the plugins. This also includes Photoshop own extension plugins like Library.
 ExtensionIcons-78a8e6db-c315-40b7-91c7-561102d71fe3-2061816238.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Once again I ask myself, why I updated Photoshop again. Nothing really useful is added and more bugs are introduced. That's so annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the report,

This will be addressed in an update. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

we hope that the plugin producers will also put pressure to speed up the solution of the problem, which is very annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope this will be solved soon. Other recent bugs took like half a year before they were finally solved. Very, very annoying. I have rolled back to older versions way and way too many this last year. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When will the update fix this problem rollout? I have had to roll back two versions to 22.3.1 to get my icons back. I find it odd such a prestigious company isn't testing updates on win 10. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has been 2 weeks, when will we see a resolution to this????

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@shaun_clapham
does not seem to be a priority for engineers unfortunately.... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@shaun_clapham

Maybe never... lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Daniel,  Can you pls give us a more targeted ETA for software fixes to the Win bugs to help manage expectations? For ex., by mid-June? I've had to roll back to rel. 22.3 & miss some of the newer features that motivated me to update to 22.4. But I can't work with those blank extension icons... Also - I noticed that with both 22.3 & 22.4 the Edge Refinement tool in Select & Mask is significantly more laggy than in past Ps releases. I use Win 10, 64 GB RAM, AMD Radeon R7 450 & Intel i7-6700 CPU. Thx for your help expediting the code fix(es)!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would be nice to see this resolved!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ohhhhh  on the Italian site on the known problems page, this problem is not even reported. At least in the English version it appears .....There are two cases, either the Italian site is not correctly updated, or the problem is not felt by Adobe, in any case a very unpleasant situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found Extension icon is greyed out in latest build.
ExtensionIconGreyed-a6f694b3-d2fb-4aaf-a08a-02f81352fb4d-1110482095.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As previously stated > We have a fix for this issue in (boiler plate) a future update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@dramenon  would it be possible to provide a date for release?  We are paying for the software and it doesn't work, going on 3 weeks now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@dramenon Then release it. It's a very annoying issue for people working with Photoshop on a daily basis. Also, maybe improve your expectation management and say something about when the future update will be available, as that is what your customers want to hear. We have been waiting for previous fixes very long time before they were finally released. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Martin, agreed. Terse. Testy. Curt answers to subscribing users with no explanation is not good marketing, interpersonal or customer relations. Why not, "We have a possible fix in beta that we must test for the next 2 weeks (if any of you Win users would like to be part of the test let me know) - we'll release it as 22.5 by the end of June if all the tests prove our "fix" works. Thank you all for your continued patience while we work through this..."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@dramenon

I understand that there is a fix for this issue in (boiler plate) in a future update. 

I would like to know approximately when? We pay good money to use Photoshop so, as a customer I really do expect some decent customer service, especially when there are bugs and such and we have to use an imperfect version of Photoshop. Updates should never be released until Adobe engineers can ensure that the update is 100% perfect! We pay the price, so as a customer I expect the best quality.

Rosa

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe I'm wrong, but.. If there's no ETA for this, this may mean that it's not even in the current sprint or whatever method of working the engineering team has at Adobe, so that would mean, that this fix it's not even planned for the next release (22.4.2 maybe?), if we are lucky, we might see it in 22.4.3 or 22.5.

For such big company with a subscription based software, that it's so expensive in some countries, specially Europe. I can't believe that it's taking so long to get this major issue fixed, seems kinda illogical for me, and that's coming from an engineer point of view, but I guess management has higher priorities, probably trying to add another useless feature (like the Save as Copy..) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is intolerable to be paying for a service that you cannot use, and that makes you lose time and money in your work. When Adobe starts to receive user cancellations and non-payment of fees, maybe they will start working on fixing their mistakes. Affinity and Capture1, are perfectly valid alternatives for most of the work currently being done with Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

d0c958bce386d036bfb48eabfcd9cf29.png

Seems like nothing is happening and Adobe doesn't give a ...

Votes

Translate

Translate